What's new

Dirty Politics - Pitting languages - English vs. urdu

It's the truth . In fact i am not sure i would have been working for a IT outsourcing firm ( for clients in western world ) if i had no knowledge of English. English have contributed a lot to propelling many poor people in India to middle class .

Have you ever dealt with a client in Scandinavia ? We know English but English is not our first language. We speak in our language and we are doing pretty good.

Have you ever dealt with a client in Scandinavia ? We know English but English is not our first language. We speak in our language and we are doing pretty good.
Exactly what i wanted to say that we can do the same in Pakistan

English isnt our First Language either but for International Trade it is used extensively throughout the World. I had been part of Development house in Karachi and many of our projects were from Sweden as we had a sort of Representative over there who use to send us Projects from Sweden while he was Employed in an IT company in Sweden. There are lot of such development house running in Pakistan which are involved in different Projects OUTSOURCED from Europe and North America and even Japan for them English is a Must because its use Globally for Communication.

English isnt our First Language either but for International Trade it is used extensively throughout the World. I had been part of Development house in Karachi and many of our projects were from Sweden as we had a sort of Representative over there who use to send us Projects from Sweden while he was Employed in an IT company in Sweden. There are lot of such development house running in Pakistan which are involved in different Projects OUTSOURCED from Europe and North America and even Japan for them English is a Must because its use Globally for Communication.

Not sure about Karachi but we usually don't talk in English even if we are comfortable with it. Most of our business is outsourced but even then we don't speak in English. We have translators sitting in between who communicate ot for us and service providers. It is same for Germans,Itaians or scandinavia. Most of the people here in our part of world does not know English and they are doing preety good in professional life.

Not me as my line of work is more focused towards US/Canada/Aus/NZ/UK/Ireland but i have friends who even live and work in norway/sweden . English is the medium of communication for outsourcing companies even there .

Not sure about Karachi but we usually don't talk in English even if we are comfortable with it. Most of our business is outsourced but even then we don't speak in English. We have translators sitting in between who communicate ot for us and service providers. It is same for Germans,Itaians or scandinavia. Most of the people here in our part of world does not know English and they are doing preety good in professional life.
The representative of our Development house does all the Talking we were just Concerned with Projects. European Languages are quite develop at all areas from Business to Literary but here in Sount Asia our Languages are relatively less develop and are more confined to Literary area only.

What these links are for ???
To back your statement ??
Sorry Sir not credible!

How about you post up a primary source proving the credibility of Macaulay's speech? He was not even in the UK the year this speech is attributed.

There is nothing better than one's original thought. Having said that neo colonialism is prevalent in Pakistan and one of its iterations is English language which is not even used in one on one conversations. The absolute absurdity is when semi literates translate half boiled sentences to a deaf public mimicking perhaps Jinah at the podium. Utter nonsense is translated into laws of the nation where majority of the Parliamentarians and assembly members don't even know how to read the very laws they're voting. A half baked nation is being built whose students memorize by heart Oxford printed books and when they end up in the west must learn the language once over again. Not to mention millions of small town and city dwellers who do not find any use of it for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
I present to you a whole continent of South America also known as Latin America. Whose dwellers were once ruled by the then super powers. They speak their Latin languages even when they move to the US. Representatives of a bygone era still adhering to the past perhaps forever thrown into the back waters of world. Treated merely as their peers in Europe who themselves seek relevance. India itself is an excellent example of self loathing bigots who admire their former overlords so dearly that even after three quarters of a century of independence find it cumbersome to let go of the past. The same scenario seems to be playing out where England itself is devoluting to list of has beens. The one thread that still binds or makes English still relevant is that the new super power also speaks the same so probably change in accents I guess is the call du jour.

This means that you have no primary source to verify that quote. :D

Bhai maaf ker dau Sir jee aap nay jo samajhna hai sumjhain aur mujhay koi masla nahin hai ager koi kisi kay bhi talway chatna pasand kerta hai thats his own priority. I have enough evidence and understanding to learn about what has been presented is truth. Main nay share ker diya hai aap na maniyay aur mazeed dosray logon ko mila lijiyay Sir jee muger main behais main nahin perna chahta ... Aap nahin manain gay aur na hi main manon ga es liayay hum do no ka time buchatay hain aap upnay version kay sath khush rahain main upnay version kay sath.

Aap samajh lain I have the reason and I don't want to share it :D ... Ab aap kay zehin main kuch aye ga aap pochain gay tau main jawab bhi dey daita hoon "Bus mairi marzi"

Really glad to have you on board.

Throughout Europe your people have a reputation for people who speak excellent English. I actually questioned a Scandanavian about this, apparently you begin English in secondary school (age 11), and as virtually everywhere in the world, it is taught as a foreign language.

What's your opinion on the fact that not a single European country has English as the official language, yet in countries where people have darker skin the belief is that English as the official language is essential?

Back
Top Bottom