What's new

Did Trump Scare Iran: Tehran Reportedly Pulls Missile From Launchpad Following Launch Prep

OK then educate me ...
For starter...The initials 'WMD' does not mean ONLY functional nuclear explosive devices. That is not my definition but the UN's. Your homework is to find out where in the UN's website. :D

For starter...The initials 'WMD' does not mean ONLY functional nuclear explosive devices. That is not my definition but the UN's. Your homework is to find out where in the UN's website. :D

Good way to not answer Q.

Good way to not answer Q.
It was the beginning of an answer. One that requires you to verify what I say, else I would be wrongly charged of making shit up or selectively send you to places that suit my view.

I have found this to be a common behavior among those who charged US with 'lying about WMD' in Iraq. Once they found out they have to share the burden on finding out the TECHNICAL issues involved, they usually back down. They are comfortable with the limited knowledge they possess, which is what they got from the mainstream media, the same media that they used to accuse others of brainwashing the public in the first place.

I have found this to be a common behavior among those who charged US with 'lying about WMD' in Iraq. Once they found out they have to share the burden on finding out the TECHNICAL issues involved, they usually back down. They are comfortable with the limited knowledge they possess, which is what they got from the mainstream media, the same media that they used to accuse others of brainwashing the public in the first place.
I was going to ignore your first post on this page, but this one just takes the biscuit...

@raptor22 clearly mentioned Saddam's use of chemical weapons against Iranians, and that they were WMDs.

Iran is one biggest victims of WMD in the world , about 100 k Iranian people were killed or injured due to use of chemical weapons

Iranians know exactly what a WMD is. Iran was on the receiving end of them. So please do yourself a favour and don't appear like a condescending hypocrite.

I was going to ignore your first post on this page, but this one just takes the biscuit...

@raptor22 clearly mentioned Saddam's use of chemical weapons against Iranians, and that they were WMDs.
We are talking about the nuclear version.

https://defence.pk/threads/did-trum...lowing-launch-prep.476773/page-5#post-9188838

This is about Iran's goal of becoming a nuclear weapons state, not just merely a nuclear state. The demand was that the accuser provides proof that Iran is on that path.

While chemical and biological weapons falls under the general heading 'WMD', it is the nuclear version that generate the most fear, create the most destruction in the shortest time, and whose effects, like the characteristic mushroom cloud, cannot be hidden from the public.

We are talking about the nuclear version.

Then why did you say WMD includes other weapons that aren't nuclear? Surely you didn't think Iranians of all people didn't know what chemical weapons were. If they do not cause mass destruction I do not know what they cause.

The demand was that the accuser provides proof that Iran is on that path.

Meanwhile the accuser expects Iran of proving it has no intention of going for nukes... proving a negative!

Then why did you say WMD includes other weapons that aren't nuclear?
Because the initials 'WMD' includes nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) weapons. For this discussion, we are talking about nuclear.

Meanwhile the accuser expects Iran of proving it has no intention of going for nukes... proving a negative!
This is not a trivial game of logic. If Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons, then open up everything for inspection, not just in the short term, but in the long. It is not up to Iran to prove that negative. It is the duty of the foreign inspectors who are distrustful of Iran.

It was the beginning of an answer. One that requires you to verify what I say, else I would be wrongly charged of making shit up or selectively send you to places that suit my view.

As I said playing with words is a brilliant maneuvering to avoid the main Q ... even if we consider that the possibility that I have no knowledge regarding definition of WMD or what type of weapons it includes , it was irrelevant to my point ... to dodge a discussion you gotta find better ways than bringing "limited knowledge" ....
And when exactly I charged you about 'lying about WMD' in Iraq?

By the way, As you said:
The initials 'WMD' does not mean ONLY functional nuclear explosive devices.
And could you please tell me which part of my post contradicts your statement?

Because the initials 'WMD' includes nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) weapons. For this discussion, we are talking about nuclear.

This is not a trivial game of logic. If Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons, then open up everything for inspection, not just in the short term, but in the long. It is not up to Iran to prove that negative. It is the duty of the foreign inspectors who are distrustful of Iran.

Back in 2003-2005 Iran implemented the additional protocol and let IAEA inspectors to visit Iran military sites like Parchin, we suspended our nuclear program for 2.5 years and all our facilities were open for inspections ..,. 24/7 intrusive inspections through human watch and cameras ... Iran answered all questions asked by agency .....
And what we received? nothing, they told us the best way to assure international community that Iran NP is peaceful and would never deviate from its peaceful purposes is an Iran without nuclear program ... at first they asked us to dismantle all centrifuges and then ship the entire nuclear related devices and materials out ...

Again back in 2007 , there was a mutual plan btw Iran and agency which in agency would ask all its Q and Iran would answer it once for all .... the Qs were asked in 6 parts Iran answered all of them one by one and agency confirmed each of them by one letter ... base on deal agency were supposed to close Iran file which it didn't ... they brought up PMD and wanted Iran to answer it and Iran did answer that too .. but again nothing happened ...

Right now Iran program is under control of IAEA as it was for the past 4 decades and still nothing has been found to indicate any deviation from its peaceful purposes and still you as an American have audacity to come here and tell us Iran must "open up everything for inspection"?

Last edited:

If we are talking about Nuclear then why mention the others?

I second everything @raptor22 said.

Back
Top Bottom