What's new

Did India gave it up too easily??

What exactly do you want India to do, wage war against Britain? Having friendly relations is not sucking up. It's just civilised behaviour. We don't believe in permanently branding whites as enemies, like you want us to. From this it is clear who has racial prejudices.

I have no problem with white people. I grew up in Hong Kong, several of my friends were from Britain, Canada, France, etc.

And I obviously have no problem in trading with Western nations, as I said before, our biggest customers are Europe and the USA.

But everyone knows what skin colour means in India. It is a matter of social status, there are plenty of documentaries on it.

Even your highest leader is a white European.

And not being an authoritative regime or subscribing to a certain ideology means sucking up to the west. Is that what you are trying to say?

Not at all. I have no problem with democracy either, just its implementation.

France vs Nigeria. They are both democracies.

The difference here is not the political system, it is the difference between developing and developed.

Now I see the outpouring of love in India for developed democracies, but not democracies in the developing world.

I have no problem with white people. I grew up in Hong Kong, several of my friends were from Britain, Canada, France, etc.

And I obviously have no problem in trading with Western nations, as I said before, our biggest customers are Europe and the USA.

But everyone knows what skin colour means in India. It is a matter of social status, there are plenty of documentaries on it.

Point one, she is not the highest leader. She is the leader of the ruling party - that does not give her any status in the government, this is not a one party dictatorship. The highest leader is the prime minister.

Do you really think she became the leader of the congress party because she was white? That was the biggest hindrance for her, the one thing that roused (and still does) a lot of resentment. It was her white background that led her to not accept prime ministership, because she knew that would create a huge backlash. Her skin colour has only harmed her politically, not helped.

Earlier it was white people. now you came down to white skin.

In East Asia

In eastern parts of Asia, including Southeast Asia, a preference for lighter skin remains prevalent. In ancient China and Japan, for example, pale skin can be traced back to ancient drawings depicting women and goddesses with fair skin tones. In ancient China, Japan, and Southeast Asia, pale skin was seen as a sign of wealth.[citation needed] Thus, skin whitening cosmetic products are popular in East Asia.[23] 4 out of 10 women surveyed in Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines and South Korea used a skin-whitening cream, and more than 60 companies globally compete for Asia's estimated $18 billion market.[24]

congratulations:china:

Point one, she is not the highest leader. She is the leader of the ruling party - that does not give her any status in the government, this is not a one party dictatorship. The highest leader is the prime minister.

Do you really think she became the leader of the congress party because she was white? That was the biggest hindrance for her, the one thing that roused (and still does) a lot of resentment. It was her white background that led her to not accept prime ministership, because she knew that would create a huge backlash. Her skin colour has only harmed her politically, not helped.

According to Forbes, the most powerful person in India is Sonia Gandhi. By far.

She was a waitress back in Italy. She comes to India and suddenly she becomes the most powerful person?

Earlier it was white people. now you came down to white skin.

In East Asia

congratulations:china:

Women use it everywhere. But is a fashion matter, whereas in India it is all about social status.

Here in Hong Kong, half of the women like the pale look, and half like to be strongly tanned. It's about fashion, not social status.

Not at all. I have no problem with democracy either, just its implementation.

France vs Nigeria. They are both democracies.

The difference here is not the political system, it is the difference between developing and developed.

Did we ever proclaim that ours is the best system?
we simply compare statistics with china because you are a comparable population and up until 90s social indicators too were comparable. is it that hard to grasp?

to answer the question the government gave it up to easily whereas the army fought bravely in some cases to the last man Nehru the bastard screwed our country for years to come with the 1962 defeat and license raj.

She was a waitress back in Italy. She comes to India and suddenly she becomes the most powerful person?

She is the wife of a prime minister who had died while in office. gosh!

No, not suddenly. If it was that easy, all the waitresses in Europe would have done the same and become defence minister, finance minister etc. It has happened only once, and you missed a few details in between. SHe married the Indian prime minister, merged into the Nehru-gandhi family, then became a party activist, then became party leader, and when that party won the elections (under her leadership), she became powerful. So no, it wasn't like a waitress from Italy came to India and suddenly became the most powerful person when she got off the plane. How childish and simplistic can you get?

we simply compare statistics with china because you are a comparable population and up until 90s social indicators too were comparable. is it that hard to grasp?

I think some democracies are fantastic. Switzerland and Canada for instance.

But I think that democracies in the developing world have not done very well. Like Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Columbia, etc.

For me, I don't care about the political system. The divide is betwen developing/developed.

And no, I do not hate developed countries. In fact they are our biggest trading partners.

Same question for you, is it hard for you to grasp?

GOI already said that China is the #1 enemy of indian. OK, everything is done. Please don't complain in the future.
Just like the case of "forward policy". Once you created the so-called "forward policy", you shouldn't complain anything happened in 1962. You have to eat what you harvest.

Women use it everywhere. But is a fashion matter, whereas in India it is all about social status.

Here in Hong Kong, half of the women like the pale look, and half like to be strongly tanned. It's about fashion, not social status.

yeah right.,
Honk kong does it , fashion
Mumbai does it., Social status, inferiority complex (because of being former colonies of white men)
Hypocrite
why did you omit the entire text giving the figures?

Let's be serious for a moment. This was the front page of "The Hindu" newspaper around a week ago.

The-Hindu-Controversial-Ad-of-Sonia-Gandhi.jpg

What other developing country in the world can achieve that? An Italian waitress becoming the number one most powerful person in a country where nearly none of the citizens are white Europeans?

And then the ruling party in Government declaring that they are "ever at her feet"?

Again, India forgives Britain... while they declare China as their "number one enemy". And then Pakistan too. Why does India prefer to hate their fellow developing countries, and suck up to former colonialists?

Generalization alert!
After 10 posts and some what stupid debate here at PDF. I now understand why some people say things like:

Chinese guys are some of most incoherent speakers i spoke to.(this is probably the reason for other stereotype -They also suck big time with girls.)

Back
Top Bottom