What's new

Dhoni under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i clearly remember few months backs it was stated that india and pakistan will play 3 match odi series in december anybody has news on it whether it would still be played or most probably has been scrapped

That's the western way of looking at things.

The desi way is to beat the s-hit out of the other, even if we go down eventually.

If your way is of losing cups then, I'd prefer the other way.

If i clearly remember few months backs it was stated that india and pakistan will play 3 match odi series in december anybody has news on it whether it would still be played or most probably has been scrapped

Why... I would rather like a T20 series though.

I disagree with the psyche thing. I think for the psyche we are doing very well, we have no world class player except Ajmal India has 7.

Teams you know will win the world cup once they gather so many top players.

Pakistan won the world cup when it had Inzamam, Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Amir Sohail (and Waqar and Saeed Anwar were injured but were there too). You just knew this team was the best team of the time.

India similarly won the world cup with Tendulkar, Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvraj... World class players.

So far I think no undeserving team has ever won a world cup. Each team had totally outclassed all the others during their time.

Every team cycles through a top side.

I think despite not having a TOP team, Pakistan is doing very well on the basis of sheer hard work on the field.

You are still going on about the "Cup."

In India Pakistan, all that goes out of the window.

Then its only this, however else you would like to intellectualize what in the end is a hollow victory.

Braveheart-braveheart-727143_413_479.jpg

How each of us does against each other on the cricket field is reflective of our national psyche vis a vis one another.

If you have lost in your mind and heart in real life against the other, it follows you on the field.

Look at your team of the past and you will realise that its not a "Pakistan" thing, but its "today's" Pakistan thing.

Maybe things will change for you.

We will see.

The desi way is to beat the s-hit out of the other, even if we go down eventually

sorry its not even desi its only indian way, Pakistanis always concerned more for winning the tournament than beating only one team (who ever it is)

indians really need to open there mind to win tournaments, cz now there thinking is like beating Pakistan is winning a WC for india...

sorry its not even desi its only indian way, Pakistanis always concerned more for winning the tournament than beating only one team (who ever it is)

OK

indians really need to open there mind to win tournaments, cz now there thinking is like beating Pakistan is winning a WC for india...

Dont get me wrong, we would still have liked to advance and win the cup. Every time.

But if you gave me a choice.

Of winning the cup but losing to Pakistan

versus

Losing the cup but winning against Pakistan

as the ONLY choices (the third of beating Pakistan and winning the cup being off the table)

Then frankly its a no contest.

P.S. Personally, I think we have been playing like retards since winning the World Cup.

But here I am talking India Pakistan.

How each of us does against each other on the cricket field is reflective of our national psyche vis a vis one another.

If you have lost in your mind and heart in real life against the other, it follows you on the field.

Look at your team of the past and you will realise that its not a "Pakistan" thing, but its "today's" Pakistan thing.

We will see.

That thing you are trying to convey,i'll put it under "environmental factors".

Talent is there.But grooming and shinning it becomes an issue if the "environment" is not favorable.

Your peace of mind is lost,the opportunities you get are less or are not as rewarding as you may get when things are in your favor.

So,ultimately you see a shift in trend.

World T20: Why Indian cricket needs an overhaul | Firstpost

Colombo: There are many who will scoff at the term ‘overhaul’ especially when it is used in conjunction with a T20 tournament but the need for change is linked not just to how they performed on the field but also how they looked off it.

For most of the tournament — Dhoni complained… about how his bowling isn’t very good; about how they have no pace; about India’s fielding; about the lack of form shown by the openers but when he was asked whether things need to change in the aftermath of yet another defeat, he simply snubbed the question.

“The same question was asked when we lost in England and Australia,” Dhoni said when asked whether the side needed an overhaul after recent failures. “This is the one question that arises when we have not done well but just see the performance in this tournament. We lost one game and lost it badly.”

“We all know what impact rain has on the bowlers, especially spinners and bowlers who don’t bowl 140 kph plus. Let’s get practical about what the reason was and then assess if it’s the fault of the players. It is not. It can happen in this format. You are at the stage where other games are having an impact. You don’t want that kind of situation to happen but sometimes you are just forced to accept what is pushed on to you.”

But let’s be honest, did India — at any point — really look like a team that could go on to win the title? Or did it merely look like a good team — which is not exactly great considering the number of teams that play the game?

The BCCI’s response after India lost in Australia was that once we come back home, things will return to normal… we will return to our winning ways again. And in a sense we did, by comprehensively beating New Zealand in the Tests.

But against England and Australia, it will get tougher. Is this team up for the challenge?

The only change we saw in the aftermath of the Australia tour was forced upon the BCCI by Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman’s retirement. The selectors and the Board were happy sitting in their plush office and showing faith in the team. But faith can only take you so far. It’s time some tough decisions were taken.

Dhoni has completed five years as captain and time is starting to affect him. He seems jaded at times. Last night, for instance, Rohit Sharma came into the attack ahead of R Ashwin and the skipper came up with some convoluted logic for the move. What are his future plans? He cannot keep hiding behind the ‘I am a great believer in the present’ excuse. He may believe in the present but India needs to plan for the future.

India’s opening pair is struggling across formats. Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag are looking badly out of form. Gambhir has issues with his footwork while Sehwag’s fitness worries are now starting to affect his game as well. Their last 100-run partnership in Tests came way back in December 2010. Perhaps, it’s time the Indian selectors at least start looking at another option.

Zaheer Khan’s struggles in T20 are very apparent — he bowls length balls, which is not a bad thing in Tests but in T20s, it is akin to committing hara-kiri. His fitness has never been his best suit and he really needs to work on that. There has to be a minimum fitness level for him and it can’t be the current mark. Finally, does India really need him in T20 cricket?

The Rohit Sharma question looms large once again. His 25 off 27 balls in the match against South Africa makes one wonder what’s really happening with him. His average for the tournament is 41.00 but that is largely because of one innings — 55 not out against England. In every match he was shunted up and down the order. That could not have been easy for him. Dhoni has great confidence in him but after almost five years in international cricket, what is Rohit Sharma’s standing?

Irfan Pathan cannot be your all-rounder. Gary Kirsten had no confidence in his bowling and his batting is just not good enough. Shane Watson has shown us what an all-rounder is and Irfan just doesn’t measure up. Neither do Piyush Chawla, R Ashwin, Harbhajan Singh and whoever else the selectors claim can bat a bit.

It’s about being able to win the match with either bat or ball and Yuvraj Singh comes closest to that. India needs to toughen selection criteria and invest more money in finding/grooming all-rounders.

And finally, there has to be some logic given for selections. You cannot select players on hope and ignore hard facts. Piyush Chawla miraculously makes an appearance in World Cup teams, Balaji is brought out of deep freeze, Yuvraj is picked without any match practice. And best of all, the selectors don’t even need to justify their picks. It doesn’t happen anywhere else but in India.

The BCCI is too worried about its battles for power at the Annual General Meeting and trying to outflank the opponents to stop and critically assess the state of India cricket. But it’s about time they do or they might have public at large do it for them.

Fiqar na karein Veena Malik dhoni ke gunah ma'af karwa de ge.....

Veena-Malik-Ramazan-Show-550x460.jpeg
veena malik se bolo ke woh media walon ke gunah maaf karwaye .dhoni ne to koi gunah nahi kiya balki patriotic duty ki hai tournament se bahar hokar india aur 1.2 billion indians ke liye.

Mera bas chale to dhoni ko main bharat-ratna aur nobel prize se nawazoon.

That thing you are trying to convey,i'll put it under "environmental factors".

Talent is there.But grooming and shinning it becomes an issue if the "environment" is not favorable.

Your peace of mind is lost,the opportunities you get are less or are not as rewarding as you may get when things are in your favor.

So,ultimately you see a shift in trend.

Not really.

That may be true of Afghanistan more than you, but their players played with a lot more heart against us that yours did.

That's what I am talking about.

Pakistan takes the field against us already whipped in their mind.

At the top level of sports, its all mind.

And heart.

And gonads.

dhoni never make a fifty in t20 international and No T20 semi yet for India since IPL ! And
Congratulation to team Pakistan on to be the First
team making all 4 T20WC semis !

Indian cricket team really played in that tournament they recorded great victory against England and Pakistan and worst performance against Australia. SA is a strong team so winning with huge margin is too difficult its obvious, overall 4/5 is not bad.

We will see.

The desi way is to beat the s-hit out of the other, even if we go down eventually.

If you look at it the desi way, we've still beat the s-hit out of India more. Stats don't lie.

We will see.

Well few years ago..Beating Austrailia was unthinkable..but now Pakistan thrashed them every now and then , Mahsallah ...so what does this say? :lol:

Don't be a typical inferiority-complex stricken bharti from inferior race....

Your team is fit , ready , experienced , and stable...OBVIOUSLY it will perform better against a young , inexperienced , unstable Pakistani team.

Throughout history , we always kicked India's kaaali dirty a$$.... THIS is national psyche may be ;)

If you look at it the desi way, we've still beat the s-hit out of India more. Stats don't lie.

Most of your victories are from the Sharjah era.

And when we had a muslim captain patriotically challenged. To put it very bluntly.

We all know what was happening then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom