What's new

Destruction of Makkah

Tikolo

BANNED
Reaction score
The systematic destruction of Islamic heritage sites is central to Wahhabism and Saudi state policy.

Destruction of early Islamic heritage sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Destroyed sites:

Mosques:
The mosque at the grave of Sayyid al-Shuhada’ Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib
The Mosque of Fatima Zahra.
The Mosque of al-Manaratain
Mosque and tomb of Sayyid Imam al-Uraidhi ibn Ja‘far al-Sadiq, destroyed by dynamite on August 13, 2002.
Four mosques at the site of the Battle of the Trench in Medina.
The Mosque of Abu Rasheed.
Salman al-Farsi Mosque, in Medina.
Raj'at ash-Shams Mosque, in Medina.

Cemeteries and tombs:
Jannat al-Baqi in Medina, completely leveled.
Jannat al-Mu'alla, the ancient cemetery at Mecca
Grave of Hamida al-Barbariyya, the mother of Imam Musa al-Kazim.
Grave of Amina bint Wahb, Muhammad’s mother, bulldozed and set alight in 1998.
Graves of Banu Hashim in Mecca
Tombs of Hamza and other martyrs were demolished at Uhud
Tomb of Eve in Jeddah,sealed with concrete in 1975.
Grave of the father of Muhammad, in Medina

Historical religious sites:
The house of Mawlid where Muhammad is believed to have been born in 570. Originally turned into a cattle market, it now lies under a rundown building which was built 70 years ago as a compromise after Wahhabi clerics called for it to be torn down.
The house of Khadija, Muhammad’s first wife. Muslims believe he received some of the first revelations there. It was also where his children Fatimah and Qasim were born. After it was rediscovered during the Haram extensions in 1989, it was covered over and it was made into a library.

House of Muhammed in Medina, where he lived after the migration from Mecca
Dar al Arqam, the first Islamic school where Muhammad taught. It now lies under the extension of the Masjid Al Nabawi of Madinah.
Qubbat’ al-Thanaya, the burial site of Muhammed's incisor that was broken in the Battle of Uhud.
Mashrubat Umm Ibrahim, built to mark the location of the house where Muhammad’s son, Ibrahim, was born to Mariah.
Dome which served as a canopy over the Well of Zamzam.
Bayt al-Ahzan of Sayyida Fatima, in Medina
House of Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq, in Medina
Mahhalla complex of Banu Hashim, in Medina.
House of Ali where Hasan and Husayn were born

Under Threat:

Bayt al-Mawlid:
When the Wahabis took Mecca in the 1920s they destroyed the dome on top of the house where the Prophet Mohammed was born. It was then used as a cattle market before being turned into a library after a campaign by Meccans. There are concerns that the expansion of the Grand Mosque will destroy it once more. The site has never been excavated by archaeologists.
Ottoman and Abbasi columns of the Masjid al-Haram
Slated for demolition as part of the Grand Mosque expansion, these intricately carved columns date back to the 17th century and are the oldest surviving sections of Islam's holiest site. Much to the chagrin of Wahabis, they are inscribed with the names of the Prophet's companions. Ottomon Mecca is now rapidly disappearing

Al-Masjid al-Nabawi:
For many years, hardline Wahabi clerics have had their sights set on the 15th century green dome that rests above the tomb holding the Prophet, Abu Bakr and Umar in Medina. The mosque is regarded as the second holiest site in Islam. Wahabis, however, believe marked graves are idolatrous. A pamphlet published in 2007 by the Saudi Ministry of Islamic Affairs, endorsed by Abdulaziz Al Sheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, stated that "the green dome shall be demolished and the three graves flattened in the Prophet's Masjid"

Jabal al-Nour:
A mountain outside Mecca where Mohammed received his first Koranic revelations. The Prophet used to spend long spells in a cave called Hira. The cave is particularly popular among South Asian pilgrims who have carved steps up to its entrance and adorned the walls with graffiti. Religious hardliners are keen to dissuade pilgrims from congregating there and have mooted the idea of removing the steps and even destroying the mountain altogether.

I just dont understand what kind of religion allows to destroy your important sites and build luxury hotels and malls over them? do these guys worship God or money?

I have more respect for non muslims then these guys, because even they wont destroy their religious sites for money

the probem is Saudis and Wahabhis, consider themselves as superior humans, they will never listen to anybody, even for the sake Makkah and Madinah. Makkah and Madinah was suppose to be for all muslims, now it is only for Saudis and Wahabhis. This is why I dont even feel like visiting the place anymore, even though I know it is part of the 5 pillars of Islam. We are just giving the Saudis money to destroy it more and more and turn it in to Vegas

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites

Paris hilton, who has does **** is allowed to open a store

This is why I have problems with Saudis. They were a bunch of DAKU's a century ago and they are still a bunch of DAKU's now!!!

Pagans worship shrines and idols while Muslims only worship Allah, Muslims have only and only three holly places: Al-Masjed Al-Haram, Al-Masjed Al-Nabawi and Al-Masjed Al-Aqssa. If those historical sites are obstacles in the way of affording more space and accommodation for pilgrimages, then remove them. Muslims come for pilgrimage, prayers and Umrah not to visit those ruins. If some people don't understand it this way, then keep crying and shouting, at least that will make us more sure that the custodians of the holly mosques are doing the right thing.

Close this thread!

What KSA has done is for good! shrine worship is not allowed in Islam.
Those two or three useless walls were to be removed to make way for Haram Expansion which will benefit millions during Hajj and umrah.

This kind of propaganda comes from Iranian shias! Shame on them! LANAT

who made these people the custodians of the two holy mosques? the vary same people who do every haram thing in the book and who spend billions of dollars of their wealth on haram things around the world and are basically American slaves. It's a shame that so many muslims defend them.

They are opening every american/western brand in Makkah, including **** star's Paris hiltons stores, yet you still defend them.

also I wonder if Wahabhis will destroy Prophet's grave itself, I wonder what you Saudi/Wahabhi worshipers will say then, I guess you will stick lick their feets, because these people are your Gods

Pagans worship shrines and idols while Muslims only worship Allah, Muslims have only and only three holly places: Al-Masjed Al-Haram, Al-Masjed Al-Nabawi and Al-Masjed Al-Aqssa. If those historical sites are obstacles in the way of affording more space and accommodation for pilgrimages, then remove them. Muslims come for pilgrimage, prayers and Umrah not to visit those ruins. If some people don't understand it this way, then keep crying and shouting, at least that will make us more sure that the custodians of the holly mosques are doing the right thing.

Pagan worship or not those were historic artifacts that belonged to the world! There is so much that we could have learn from them. By having these artifacts destroyed you can easily manipulate history once there is no evidence left!

Close this thread!

What KSA has done is for good! shrine worship is not allowed in Islam.
Those two or three useless walls were to be removed to make way for Haram Expansion which will benefit millions during Hajj and umrah.

This kind of propaganda comes from Iranian shias! Shame on them! LANAT

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/social.../262572-destruction-makkah.html#ixzz2YZF0st3j

This is just the kind Jahil mentality I am talking about that has plagued our world. What the hell is this? You can't face the facts so just blame all this on Shias? You racist Bigot!

Pagan worship or not those were historic artifacts that belonged to the world! There is so much that we could have learn from them. By having these artifacts destroyed you can easily manipulate history once there is no evidence left!

This is just the kind Jahil mentality I am talking about that has plagued our world. What the hell is this? You can't face the facts so just blame all this on Shias? You racist Bigot!

I cant understand why the perhay likhay jahil needs so many graves and shrines to ask for blessings of Allah- when Allah himself is just a prayer away-

I myself dont believe in going to graves and asking the deceased to pray for you. However i am against this desecration as they are historical monuments and should have been preserved. this is not right. they are part of our history and should have been preserved.

I donot support the destruction of historical monuments and personally i condemn such vile actions. just as i would condemn any sort of destruction of our historical monuments and castles and not just ours any where elses.. Like it pained me to hear that during the syrian conflict a thousand year old minaret was destroyed due to infightings.

Back
Top Bottom