What's new

Desi Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? It now happening in Muslims community? o_O I thought its there from starting :taz:
We'll not accept first cousin marriages in Haryana in any condition :mad:

That is actually a good stance.

Well done to Haryanvis :-)

Thanks for confirming it.
And no i dont find it sick, reason being that I am sure that there was a reason behind all this.
I respect you view and no disrespect to our Tamil brothers.

But I cannot imagine of marrying my niece., it's just like planning to marry your own daughter

Somehow the posts above prove that men can not use their brain.How difficult is it to imagine the situation back then???
@zorash ufff return just once. :(

Awww don't make that Rondlu face.

I was messing about. If you read history, inbreeding was pretty common in a lot of societies.

As I said, I hope the practice is phased out.

What? It now happening in Muslims community? o_O I thought its there from starting :taz:
We'll not accept first cousin marriages in Haryana in any condition :mad:

Correction it's not acceptable in Haryana, part of Up, Rajasthan

But I cannot imagine of marrying my niece., it's just like planning to marry your own daughter

You do realise that only a few people engage in this practice right? Like in the deep rural areas.

It would be really hard to find find this practice in Chennai for example.

Reactions: sms
Correction it's not acceptable in Haryana, part of Up, Rajasthan
Yeah I know its not acceptable i live here....and will not in future
True Rajasthan also don't allow this things

Levina, I understand your point that it was a different time back then.

Hell, even the British royalty Inbreeded.

My point is, today with modernity looming, the practice should be slowly phased out as we now know the benefits of exogamy.
Cousin marriages are on a decline and none of us approves of it here. So yes it is getting "phased out".

Hmmm
Back then siblings had an age difference of 17-18, so atleast some of the so called maternal uncles would have been in the same age group as the gal they were getting married to. Gals were not getting married to old men for sure.

Bass I am leaving this thread.

Last edited:

how about inter-caste marriages :unsure:

how about inter-caste marriages
Inter-caste marriage toh chal jata hai aajkal :)
Mere neighborhood mein hi 2 inter-caste marriages hui hai this year :D
Aab toh Khap ne bhi allow kar diya :bunny:

Somehow the posts above prove that men can not use their brain.How difficult is it to imagine the situation back then???
@zorash ufff return just once. :(
hey,i'm not judgemental,,,,I am talking about now,,,,medieval times r no more,,ppl need wake up n leave these practices.
ps-Facebook,,really?:p:

Cousin marriages are on a decline and none of us approves of it here. So yes it is getting "phased out".

Hmmm
Back then siblings had an age difference of 17-18, so atleast some of the so called maternal uncles would have been in the same age group as the gal they were getting married to. Gals were not getting married to old men for sure.

Bass I am leaving this thread.

:(

Inter-caste marriage toh chal jata hai aajkal :)
Mere neighborhood mein hi 2 inter-caste marriages hui hai this year :D
Aab toh Khap ne bhi allow kar diya :bunny:

Even with

Dalits :unsure:

:D

hey,i'm not judgemental,,,,I am talking about now,,,,medieval times r no more,,ppl need wake up n leave these practices.
Its rare these days.
But I am not sure about rural India. And if at all cousin marraiges are happening there then the reason would not be hard to guess.

halupridol said:
ps-Facebook,,really?:p:
The first thing after my aunt came to know about my cousin bro's GF was to open up her FB profile. So I am kinda sure it happens for real. REALLYYY!!! :D

Tussi Na Jao!!
Tussi pareshaan na karo 8-)

Yeh , in our area every Girl in you village is your sister. Unlike Bollywood movie You are not allowed to marry girl from you village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom