What's new

Desi Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:devil:

More industries. What else? :angel:

Ehhh... No.

Kerala will not be able to maximise that when Tamil Nadu is nearby. Plus the terrain. You have too much heavy industry and too much smog, the tourists stop coming.

The only Core competency that I can see is Human resources, Tourism and a lifestyle state.

Ehhh... No.

Kerala will not be able to maximise that when Tamil Nadu is nearby. Plus the terrain. You have too much heavy industry and too much smog, the tourists stop coming.

The only Core competency that I can see is Human resources, Tourism and a lifestyle state.
Service industry, tourism etc.
Hindutva. :devil:

Service industry, tourism etc.
Hindutva. :devil:

only benefits southern states who are obstinate like Tamil Nadu or who has economic power or constituency numbers like Andhra.

Otherwise Congress, BJP doesn't matter, the state will be treated like a step child.

since you consider cousins as kosher marital prospects, Its you who are fake ones not us !!

Didnt want to mention it on that thread where shan was trolling you, but getting married to 1st cousins is a very common practice in south India. Infact in tamilnadu gals get married to their maternal uncles too.

Last edited:
Didnt want to mention it on that thread where shan was trolling you, but getting married to 1st cousins is a very common practice in south India. Infact in tamilnadu gals get married to their maternal uncles too.
@nair @Ravi Nair
I know that yaar ... it wasn't a poke at cousin marriages but at jats being dead against it.

Yeah, I did actually mention this to him of all people, way back :-)

But my understanding is that this practice is getting slowly out of practice, with increased movement of people, urbanisation etc :)

also maternal uncles? :sick:

I know that yaar ... it wasn't a poke at cousin marriages but at jats being dead against it.

actually, it is good the Jats are against Cousin marriages. It brings a lot of problems genetic wise.

In breeding is not good. If the Jats are against it, that is a good thing then IMO

@Ravi Nair
Just gimme few hours Budd. Then I will para jump in your thread. Just glanced it and its a damn good article.

Yeah, I did actually mention this to him of all people, way back :-)

But my understanding is that this practice is getting slowly out of practice, with increased movement of people, urbanisation etc :)

also maternal uncles?

Didnt you know that gals in tamilnadu get married to their maternal uncles??? @nair I might need your help.
And about the cousin marriages in south India, sis-sis or bro-bro kids dont get married.The marriages happen between kids of sis-bro(cant say about muslims) So that would reduce the chances of inheriting any congenital illnesses or so i think :sick:

And yes havent heard of any marriages between cousins recently.So i guess that custom is dying atleast in south.

I know a couple from Lucknow, muslims ofcourse, whose mothers are sisters. So i guess its different in northern India.

Didnt you know that gals in tamilnadu get married to their maternal uncles??? @nair I might need your help.
And about the cousin marriages in south India, sis-sis or bro-bro kids dont get married.The marriages happen between kids of sis-bro(cant say about muslims) So that would reduce the chances of inheriting any hereditary illnesses or so i think :sick:

And yes havent heard of any marriages between cousins recently.So i guess that custom is dying atleast in south.

I know a couple from Lucknow, muslims ofcourse, whose mothers are sisters. So i guess its different in northern India.

Girls in south (Tamilnadu) can marry to their Mama Ji (uncle on mother's side) it sounds sick but actually happens!

:o::bad::bad::bad::bad::sick::sick::sick::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy: :hitwall:

That holds true for north India too, where muslims get married to their first cousins.

And it is not very difficult to understand why all this was happening back then.
They didnt have railways and aeroplanes to travel from one city to another. And getting a gal married to her first cousin or an immediate relative would have kept the wealth of the family "within" the family.
Instead of making fun of our traditions we should try and understand the logic behind each one of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom