What's new

Desi Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls in south (Tamilnadu) can marry to their Mama Ji (uncle on mother's side) it sounds sick but actually happens!
Thanks for confirming it.
And no i dont find it sick, reason being that I am sure that there was a reason behind all this.

Reactions: sms
That hold true for north India too, where muslims get married to their first cousins.

And it is not very difficult to understand why all this was happening back then.
They didnt have railways and aeroplanes to travel from one city to another. And getting a gal married to her first cousin or an immediate relative would have kept the wealth of the family "within" the family.
Instead of making fun of our traditions we should try and understand the logic behind each one of it.

I understood that marrying maternal uncles happened in TN.

Because I read a report on it, but it also mentioned cousin marriages and all other sorts of gross marriages were reducing in number.

And no i dont find it sick, reason being that I am sure that there was a reason behind all this.

I do find it sick. That's how rednecks and hillbillies are made in America.

There is reason behind every thing, but the question is, 'how idiotic can be their reasoning?'

West Bengal ko kya mila budget me??

I understood that marrying maternal uncles happened in TN.

Because I read a report on it, but it also mentioned cousin marriages and all other sorts of gross marriages were reducing in number.
Ravi
I would not call it gross.
Reason being that in olden days they didnt have too many options, ppl didnt have too many contacts to know about the boy.There was no facebook, no mobiles and means of transport were carts.
And getting married to a relative atleast in the rich families would have been a safer option moneywise. As i have said earlier the wealth would not have passed on to a guy from a different family.
There is reason behind every thing, but the question is, 'how idiotic can be their reasoning?'
Why dont you guys understand the simple logic behind it???
Ppl back then didnt have much options!!!

Ravi
Reason being that in olden days they didnt have too many options, ppl didnt have too many contacts to know about the boy.There was no facebook, no mobiles and means of transport were carts.
And getting married to a relative atleast in the rich families would have been a safer option moneywise. As i have said earlier the wealth would not have passed on to a guy from a different family.

Idiotic thing i have heard today. As if they have space capsules for daily commute in different part of the nation?

@scorpionx can answer that.

In the 21st century I find it weird.
But still I would not call it sick and gross.

fair enough Levina.

They should pass legislation in India warranting mandatory execution for cousin marriages now though :-)

with Momota on board, I think it won't make a difference.

That holds true for north India too, where muslims get married to their first cousins.

And it is not very difficult to understand why all this was happening back then.
They didnt have railways and aeroplanes to travel from one city to another. And getting a gal married to her first cousin or an immediate relative would have kept the wealth of the family "within" the family.
Instead of making fun of our traditions we should try and understand the logic behind each one of it.

F**k logic, Money, Wealth all this shit :sick: It's not our tradition and i hope not in future too :hitwall:

Idiotic thing i have heard today. As if they have space capsules for daily commute in different part of the nation?
Arrey
How else would you know about the guy???
Today you would open up facebook profile to know more about the prospective groom/ bride or call up a fren to know more.so i said no FB profiles..no mobile.
And the reason why i mentioned carts was because those days gals were not married off to far off places.

I am not expecting you to understand it.

I dont support cousin marriages anymore , but i do believe that if it happened in the past then it had a strong reason to justify it.Ppl were not fools back then.

fair enough Levina.

They should pass legislation in India warranting mandatory execution for cousin marriages now though :-)
F**k logic, Money, Wealth all this shit :sick: It's not our tradition and i hope not in future too :hitwall:
Why do you guys forget that its happening even now in the muslim community??
As I said I had met a couple recently from Lucknow who are first cousins.
@zorash plsss I need your help.Prove me right. :(

59691_572792226101258_2128360573_n.jpg

Ravi

what logic ?
less ppl/options in India?,,,,u got to be kidding me.
anyway gud to hear that such things r on a decline

@zorash plsss I need your help.Prove me right.
What? It now happening in Muslims community? o_O I thought its there from starting :taz:
We'll not accept first cousin marriages in Haryana in any condition :mad:

Arrey
How else would you know about the guy???
Today you would open up facebook profile to know more about the prospective groom/ bride or call up a fren to know more.so i said no FB profiles..no mobile.
And the reason why i mentioned carts was because those days gals were not married off to far off places.

I am not expecting you to understand it.

I dont support cousin marriages anymore , but i do believe that if it happened in the past then it had a strong reason to justify it.Ppl were not fools back then.

@zorash plsss I need your help.Prove me right. :(

Levina, I understand your point that it was a different time back then.

Hell, even the British royalty Inbreeded.

My point is, today with modernity looming, the practice should be slowly phased out as we now know the benefits of exogamy.

what logic ?
less ppl/options in India?,,,,u got to be kidding me.
anyway gud to hear that such things r on a decline
Somehow the posts above prove that men can not use their brain.How difficult is it to imagine the situation back then???
@zorash ufff return just once. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom