What's new

Delhi gurdwaras to hail Indira Gandhi 's killers as martyrs?

ur again trying to incite people.......but then again....people can clearly see through it....save ur croc tears....its getting stale.....

people can see how much you are sincer with this demand for justice to sikhs.

Firstly this is not about Sikhs in general - it is only a small faction. If this faction were to honor killers of those Congress leaders who actually organized the massacre, that would be less objectionable, even though breaking the law should not be celebrated. However Indira Gandhi was not responsible for the Delhi 1984 massacre. (She was not even alive at that time!)

You are mixing things up. See above.

she was responsible for the reasons that led to massacr of Sikhs in 84.

She was the one who had planned Golden Temple raid much before the Sikh leaders even fortified it.

Speaking from personal experience, I think if the GoI brought those who were responsible for the Anti-Sikh riots to justice the Sikh community would be much more willing to move forward and stop looking to the past. The only reason 1984 sticks in the minds of Sikhs (in my experience) is not even Op Bluestar, many Sikhs understand this (to an extent) and blame Bhindranwale for seeking refuge in the holiest Sikhi site, but it is the killings in Delhi and elsewhere as a result of the IG assassination.

The fact that this happened and those responsible for this atrocity are still roaming free, if not in political office, is just too bitter a pill to swallow and sticks in the minds of many Sikhs. If the GoI or BJP want to address this issue then they need to bring justice to those Indians that were butchered in the most horrific ways imaginable on the streets of their nation just for being a particular religion. I think this is not an unreasonable request, is it?

Having said that, there is no reason to think 99.99999999% of Sikhs are not 100% loyal to their nation. It is politicians that are politicsing this piece of news, the actions of the bodyguards had NOTHING to do with politics.

Bhappa Singh alert. Paan da L.

she was responsible for the reasons that led to massacr of Sikhs in 84.
Of course not. The 1984 massacre was not a natural consequence of anything IG did. It was criminal act orchestrated by some powerful individuals in the Congress, many of whom were not even Hindus.

She was the one who had planned Golden Temple raid much before the Sikh leaders even fortified it.
That is not true. But she can be blamed for creating Bhindranwale to under-cut the Akalis.

Of course not. The 1984 massacre was not a natural consequence of anything IG did. It was criminal act orchestrated by some powerful individuals in the Congress, many of whom were not even Hindus.

That is not true. But she can be blamed for creating Bhindranwale to under-cut the Akalis.

1. You mean NON-Hindu congressies were responsible? who? Sikh/Muslim/Christian?

2. Indeed Bhindranwale came down to the last resort after forced by her govt.

1. You mean NON-Hindu congressies were responsible? who? Sikh/Muslim/Christian?

One of the ring-leaders was Tytler ... all these things are well-known. Bhindranwale was a nobody before Indira Gandhi decided to prop him up against the Akalis.

Yours is the not the only nation mate which paid the price for first creating a faction group who after some time bites the hand which fed him. India first experienced it with case of Bhindrawale and then LTTE.

Yours is the not the only nation mate which paid the price for first creating a faction group who after some time bites the hand which fed him. India first experienced it with case of Bhindrawale and then LTTE.

In your case NO world/external force was involved. Bhindrawale was more like a domestic case . wrongly handled by Indira gandhi and her countrymen are still not ready to accept the injustice to innocent Sikhs.

In your case NO world/external force was involved. Bhindrawale was more like a domestic case . wrongly handled by Indira gandhi and her countrymen are still not ready to accept the injustice to innocent Sikhs.

correction...her party/govts are still not ready to accept the injustice to innocent Sikhs.

MMS has served a former apology but that's not enough...probably will never be. What Sikhs (both affected & non-affected by 84 riots) demand is concrete actions against numerous Tytlers, Kumars, their likes and their masters to be given out concrete punishments but given the clout of Congress, don't think that will ever happen.

I totally agree that the GoI has not acted responsibly. The victims are not just the Sikhs, but the Indian people as a whole. Most of our population is living in poverty and misery because of the poisonous behavior of political elites.

But does that mean it's OK for the victims to start behaving irresponsibly, and spread hatred against each other? Why not react in a constructive way that addresses the root of the problem?

What is that constructive way we are talking about after 30 years? How many commissions have been setup and how many omissions have happened? - for example, Marwah commission was abruptly stopped and passed the findings to the Misra commission but some crucial handwritten notes of officer Marwah not transferred showing the complicity of GOI in the whole proceedings. Mass grave discovered in Haryana as late as 2011.

Where are all the NGOs? busy with 2002 riots as per the directions from their master in the form of Congress. Even the NDA failed them when they came to power.

So mate - it is easy to talk about constructive way when it is not just laxity on the part of GOI but complicity and the notority with which it has manipulated the proceedings. And the rest of the Indians have moved on. Now if these kinds of actions brought back the 1984 discussions as focal point, I do not see anything wrong in it.

are you stupid man , does a church or a temple preach patriotism . Do you know how many sikhs have died at the borders fighting for our country ? don't make a fool out of yourself.

Church or Temples do not hail murderer as martyr either!

what a shameful and utterly idiotic thing to say......

i'll be forthright and say it.....percentage wise the gurudwaras have sent many more martyrs to the battle field than any other thing out there......

it seems u misunderstood me....I never doubted the sacrifice that Sikhs ve done on the battle field... I was pointing at the fact which u cannot deny and that is Gurudwaras outside India to my knowledge are spreading anti India sentiments just bcoz of that one incident!!

And if after so many years, Gurudwaras touching that topic again then I must say its "shameful and utterly idiotic thing"

Delhi Gurudwara committee denied news of honouring Indira Gandhi's killers.

The origin of the problem was domestic but it was exploited as much as possible by Pakistan. In fact, one of the reasons Benazir is criticized in Pakistan is her alleged "betrayal" of Khalistani terrorists.

Sikhs consider Sardar Satwant Singh and Beant Singh (killers of IG) and Sukha Jinda killers of Vedhya as genuine martyrs of the Sikh people. If someone is going to attack the Sikhs, Sikhs will defend themselves as per Sikh martial traditions. If killers of the Sikhs can still roam free and be given promotions in high offices, what is wrong if Sikhs honour their Shaheeds? it is all a matter of perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's hero. For most Indian Sikhs Sant Bhindranwale, Gen Shahbeg Singh, Satwant Singh, Beant Singh, Sukha Jinda are heroes while for most Indians Indira Gandhi, Gen Vedhya, Brar, Sajjan Kumar, Tytler are heroes.

Church or Temples do not hail murderer as martyr either!

A Gurdwara is not a church or temple. A Gurdwara is a Gurdwara. We do not copy what happens at a church or temple. For us, pictures of Sikh martyrs adorn Sikh temples all over India. Many times Gurdwaras since the past 300 years have been built in the memory of Sikh martyrs. Learn some thing about Sikh Gurdwaras before showing ignorance on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom