What's new

Delhi and Lahore-Twin Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR INDIANS: this is written by a indian from Delhi who visited Lahore
Zooming on the slippery-smooth Lahore avenues made a Delhi person like me miss the traffic-light beggars and their street-smart street children. There were no slums. There were no homeless people living under plastic sheet awnings. There were no living skeletons scavenging rotten food from the garbage dumps. There were no drug addicts in the dark alleys snorting hashish and cocaine. There were no transvestite sex workers soliciting truck drivers. It was so unlike Delhi. There were not even cows to be seen!
But of course, all the holy cows must have been eaten up by the beef-eating citizens of this holy land.
A Sudden Trip to Pakistan: On The Road In Lahore, With A Digicam - Page 4 - Blogcritics Culture

Unlike that other guy, this is a quintessential example of sheer pigheadedness.

So you are prepared to say that Lahore does not have a single beggar, cocaine-snorter or any of the kind Delhi seems to have in abundance according to you? Scroll through and check out some of the pictures of the dirt in both cities. It's there. This thread, however, is not about those poor people.

Pakistan povert rate is 43% and growing

Pakistan Poverty increased to an astonishing 43 Percent - MarketWatch.pk

Data from the finance ministry suggest that nearly 75% of the population lives very close to the poverty line and very small changes can push very large numbers of people below it,

2. Nearly one in two Pakistanis at risk
Pakistan suffered from widespread hunger even before the monsoon floods, with an estimated 82.6 million people – a little less than half the population – estimated to be food insecure.

50 percent of all Pakistanis have little or no access to clean toilets and drinking water, a condition that renders them vulnerable to infectious diseases.

the number of people who depend on food assistance in Pakistan from 38 percent of the population in 2003 to 49 percent in 2009

Pakistan: 8 Hunger Facts | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting Hunger Worldwide

MARKET WATCH:rofl:

85% indians without sanitation
80% people malnurished!
More poor than africa
AIDs HIV rampant
Surrogate mothers
Most prostitution in the region
Etc etc

VS
A country tht has only 17% poverty.

Haq's Musings: UNDP Reports Pakistan Poverty Declined to 17%

Are you on some weed ? Why are you ,in your right mind, comparing a Global megapolis, world heritage city, with a municipality like Lahore ? I take it as very insulting and beneath me to be associated with that town.

Change the thread title ASAP.

I agree, we should not compare a beautiful city like Lahore to that overpopulated megatoilet garbage dump city Delhi.

There is no doubt Delhi is growing faster and is better then Lahore period. Just wait 10 some years, the gap is getting wider and wider day by day. No one can deny this.

Its a moving and growing rapidly. Its finally moving after 2000. Peoples incomes are rising year by year.

changingfaceofgurgaon.jpg

Lol Pakistanis wont even leave cows roaming in streets wallowing in shyt. The first thing is clean the shyt(a very moot idea ) and cook the cow :lol:

Are you on some weed ? Why are you ,in your right mind, comparing a Global megapolis, world heritage city, with a municipality like Lahore ? I take it as very insulting and beneath me to be associated with that town.

Change the thread title ASAP.

Goddamnit! You still didn't get it? I'll have to be a little more explicit then....Lahore and Delhi have a shared Mughal history. They both have been hotbeds of Urdu culture. Historically, they were about the same size both in terms of population and area ( I'm talking 19th-20th century). Physically they are in the same climatic zone. In their respective countries, both are one of the two most important cities. I'll stay up looking for more.

By the way, people tend to compare Bombay and Karachi. What's wrong in comparing Delhi and Lahore?

Why do indians always have to compare yourself with Pakistan? Inferiorty complex much?

If this is directed towards me, then I was trying to find similarities, not differences when I started this. And even the differences could have been bragged about in a sportsmanlike manner. This seems to be a mud fest.

BeautifulDhaulaKuanFlyover-delhiphoto.jpg

TajPalaceHotel-DelhiPhoto.jpg

Delhi Metro-- A Dream for PAkistan (poor people dont have even proper bust service leave alone metro sysytem :rofl:)

arts-graphics-2008_1185418a.jpg

Seriously Indians have to stop looking upto Pakistanis, and take pride in who they are! This is unbelieveably pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom