What's new

When was the best time to live in 'your city' ?

You know Bahawalpur was a rich city during nawab's era, they used the river system to trade and became a commercial center
Poor guys were attacked by both Afghans, Sikhs but managed to survive and thrive through war and diplomacy , than were also instrumental in Pakistan

I haven't visited the city but I have a lot of love for the district and city, Bahawalpur is a place I want to visit to see the Palaces , it's history

I hope they develop a tourism industry and also ofcourse trade just like the olden days
Yes it was a princely state even during British Rule they managed to repel Rajputs of Ghaggar who were muslim Bhattis and totalled Hindu Rajputs of Rajasthan who were limited to Jaipur.

Islamic illustrious empires have been the only limelight in the Subcontinent.

Bahawalpur ruling family were British pupets. Sikhs were not allowed to take bahawalpur. And he did no ehsan on anyone by joining Pakistan other option was join India or got annexed by them and live as second class citizens forever

Ehsan was funding the state of Pakistan and Pakistan Army in their infancy... :lol:

As someone who grew up in multiple cities N-S-E-W of India, I have often wondered what was the best time to live in them. I currently reside in Bangalore, which almost everyone agrees was best before 2000. It is a titanic mess now. I have lived in Mumbai too, and I feel the best period was the 1960s. The city was not bursting at its seams, there was a hippy vibe to it, liberal in every sense (still pretty much is). Kolkata's golden age was probably pre-Independence, and Delhi probably in Mughal era LOL. I have never found any post independence period of Delhi to be good, though I have a soft corner for 80s as I did my schooling there that time.

What was the best time for cities like Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi, Multan etc? I was glancing through some pics of old Karachi and Peshawar on this forum and that's what got me thinking. I am someone who is very tied to the city I live in. I explore every nook and corner and learn about its history and live like the locals. What do Pakistanis have to say about their own?
Lucknow was good in 70s .

Back
Top Bottom