delhi_12902t.jpg

336529346_ebe531434e.jpg

Lahore, Pakistan:

Badshahi-Mosque-pakistan.jpg

160291245_26ee8029f8.jpg

Lahore_Museum.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam-Library-Lahore.jpg

Tomb-of-Jahangir-Lahore-Pakistan.jpg

IAm Again posting this link, see where India stand and where Pakistan stand...

gawcworldcities.jpg

It's not so much about which city, but where it's located. Discrimination against women is a cultural malaise, and Delhi is in North India. Being a Jat from Uttar Pradesh, I know how bad things can be sometimes. I also know, as should you, that Punjab, Pakistan and Punjab, India have exactly the same culture. I'm sure Lahore has it's share.

it is insulting and extremely demeaning for a Pakistani when some hindustany tries to compare some place like Delhi to an ancient and historical city like Lahore --which is a pride for Pakistan --the home of the Minar-e-Pakistan (for all Pakistanis -- a symbol for Pakistani nationalism)

it's actually an insult to Pakistan....such posts shouldnt even be allowed on this forum.

as for culture, there are linguistic similarities but that is about it......though it can be said that when Sikhs visit Pakistan from all over, they feel at home and are well received. I have personally seem Sikh pilgrims crying and whimpering when they boarded the bus and were headed back across the border (i'm not making this up by the way)

I guess I am one of those who has been to both--TWICE to both. Lahore 1974, 1990. Delhi 1980, 1984.
Okay, too long ago to make a comparison now. Only the Lahore trip in 1974 was leisurely one.

Nah, I won't compare them. Don't know enough.

But I have often thought that Lahore and Delhi have similar kind of 'culture' and lifestyle while Karachi and Mumbai share much, being coastal cities.

Hmmm.

Light dawns!!!!!!! Greetings, brother! :cheers:

India is growing at 9 percent

india has the most poor in the world

India is :Middle class 10 times more than Pakistan

india's population is 100 times more than Pakistan's, and india's poor outnumber india's middle class so lol

India is: the future leader

in your dreams LOLZZZZZZZ
India has under construction sites more than Pakistan ever had,combined!

Pakistan has more toilets than the whole india combined.

it is insulting and extremely demeaning for a Pakistani when some hindustany tries to compare some place like Delhi to an ancient and historical city like Lahore --which is a pride for Pakistan --the home of the Minar-e-Pakistan (for all Pakistanis -- a symbol for Pakistani nationalism)

it's actually an insult to Pakistan....such posts shouldnt even be allowed on this forum.

as for culture, there are linguistic similarities but that is about it......though it can be said that when Sikhs visit Pakistan from all over, they feel at home and are well received. I have personally seem Sikh pilgrims crying and whimpering when they boarded the bus and were headed back across the border (i'm not making this up by the way)

It's not even been 70 years...and according to you the similarities between people who have lived as one for thousands of years have been lost? Is this ignorance or sheer pigheadedness?

Written by an Indian from Delhi visiting Lahore:

Zooming on the slippery-smooth Lahore avenues made a Delhi person like me miss the traffic-light beggars and their street-smart street children. There were no slums. There were no homeless people living under plastic sheet awnings. There were no living skeletons scavenging rotten food from the garbage dumps. There were no drug addicts in the dark alleys snorting hashish and cocaine. There were no transvestite sex workers soliciting truck drivers. It was so unlike Delhi. There were not even cows to be seen!
But of course, all the holy cows must have been eaten up by the beef-eating citizens of this holy land.

Read more: A Sudden Trip to Pakistan: On The Road In Lahore, With A Digicam - Page 4 - Blogcritics Culture

you see, that's one thing that always gets to me and makes me laugh really hard......why do animals like cows roam the street in cities --especially a capital city. Can you imagine cows randomly walking around Blue Area or F-6 or Zero Point or any other area in Islamabad???

i dont think they even have people to clean up after these animals....

if i saw it in person, the main question i'd be asking is why is this animal roaming around and disrupting the flow of traffic....why isnt this animal cooked and serve medium rare on my plate with some worcestershire sauce :laugh:

india has the most poor in the world

india's population is 100 times more than Pakistan's, and india's poor outnumber india's middle class so lol

in your dreams LOLZZZZZZZ

Pakistan has more toilets than the whole india combined.

Pakistan povert rate is 43% and growing

Pakistan Poverty increased to an astonishing 43 Percent - MarketWatch.pk

Data from the finance ministry suggest that nearly 75% of the population lives very close to the poverty line and very small changes can push very large numbers of people below it,

2. Nearly one in two Pakistanis at risk
Pakistan suffered from widespread hunger even before the monsoon floods, with an estimated 82.6 million people – a little less than half the population – estimated to be food insecure.

50 percent of all Pakistanis have little or no access to clean toilets and drinking water, a condition that renders them vulnerable to infectious diseases.

the number of people who depend on food assistance in Pakistan from 38 percent of the population in 2003 to 49 percent in 2009

Pakistan: 8 Hunger Facts | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting Hunger Worldwide

Lahore at the most can be compared to Hyderabad. Thats it. New Delhi ? You gotto be fukcing kidding me !!

Seriously you don't know ? :D

Read the opening post for this thread. Please. Then read up something about the histories of these cities and think. You'll understand my intent in starting this thread.

you see, that's one thing that always gets to me and makes me laugh really hard......why do animals like cows roam the street in cities --especially a capital city. Can you imagine cows randomly walking around Blue Area or F-6 or Zero Point or any other area in Islamabad???

i dont think they even have people to clean up after these animals....

if i saw it in person, the main question i'd be asking is why is this animal roaming around and disrupting the flow of traffic....why isnt this animal cooked and serve medium rare on my plate with some worcestershire sauce :laugh:

Lol Pakistanis wont even leave cows roaming in streets wallowing in shyt. The first thing is clean the shyt(a very moot idea ) and cook the cow :lol:

Read the opening post for this thread. Please. Then read up something about the histories of these cities and think. You'll understand my intent in starting this thread.

Are you on some weed ? Why are you ,in your right mind, comparing a Global megapolis, world heritage city, with a municipality like Lahore ? I take it as very insulting and beneath me to be associated with that town.

Change the thread title ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom