What's new

Defence & Diplomacy Airchief Interview 25.5.2016

Even though I agree with the airchief that this sort of industrial and knowledge base is vital for Pakistan's future, BUT this aviation city will take a decade or two to bear fruit (IF everything goes according to plan).

This idea of relying on the aviation city for our 5th Gen needs should not be INSTEAD of, but in parallel with off-the-shelf procurement. I hope there is a plan.

Even though I agree with the airchief that this sort of industrial and knowledge base is vital for Pakistan's future, BUT this aviation city will take a decade or two to bear fruit (IF everything goes according to plan).

This idea of relying on the aviation city for our 5th Gen needs should not be INSTEAD of, but in parallel with off-the-shelf procurement. I hope there is a plan.

He is gambling on somehow a local talent evolving and is putting hope in the wrong people.

keeping in view the current scenario JF-31 would be available for induction in 2019 i am not expecting any high tech aircraft deal going to be materialized in between due to our geographical economical issues, so i think we should put our bet on jf-31 program and should participate with full devotion in its R&D stages and try to mold it according to our future needs. its because china has started two projects and it need financial assistance some how to execute the both. so if pakistan is participating in it .. it woul be a very good news

He is gambling on somehow a local talent evolving and is putting hope in the wrong people.
I hope the PAF isn't putting all its eggs in one basket (a basket that won't be accessible for a decade at best), even though that is what he made it sound like.

keeping in view the current scenario JF-31 would be available for induction in 2019 i am not expecting any high tech aircraft deal going to be materialized in between due to our geographical economical issues, so i think we should put our bet on jf-31 program and should participate with full devotion in its R&D stages and try to mold it according to our future needs. its because china has started two projects and it need financial assistance some how to execute the both. so if pakistan is participating in it .. it woul be a very good news
Agreed. The only 5th gen aircraft I can see coming into the PAF in the near future is the J-31.

Just acquisition and labeling "MADE IN PAKISTAN" like the BURRAQ CH-3.
Nope.
If He managed to develop air force specific University and research institute about aviation by 2020 then sure it will greatly enhance the capabilities of local talent.
Many students are picking projects regarding aviation at Masters and PHD level. And if rumors are true and 3D printing technology is coming to Pakistan then I am very much hopeful that we will be able to win this gamble. China & Turkey will always be there for assistance and both have their own 5ThG projects .......

Which mean Pakistan is some how participating in JF-31 program which was started in 2012 by the chinies a tail of the crashed helicopter in OBL operation was trucked to china before it was finally handed over to Americans on the request of Jhon kerry personally,. JF-17 and JF-31 both are having the similar engines and an aviation city is already under construction in Kamra which mean big news will arrive soon. :woot:. for me it was illogical once that why china has started two projects of 5th generation fighters, clearly JF-31 is for export purpose but who is the first buyer? ;)
Since more details are not yet available so J-31 is just a guess. I don't think it is J-31, though Pakistan may be participating in the program, it will be other than J-31 because if you clearly hear Sir Sohail Amman, he talks about preparing and training a lot of highly skilled engineers and designers for the next gen. aircraft, nothing of this sort we had to do for FC-1/Super 7/JF17. That makes me think it would be our own concept and more advanced than J-31 and we may do collaborations with more than one nation for different systems i.e. engine could be from Russia, Airframe with China, Turkey and avionics from other sources and still it will have more indigenous elements than JF-17 and design will controlled by PAF while that was not the case in JF-17 because of the urgency and inexperience.

I think you are wrong this time. It had worked in the past...whenever the govt decided to do something with determination, people of Pakistan rose up to the expectations...Nuclear is just one example and I guess aircraft technology is not as classified as the nuclear technology though I know the enormity of the project of building next gen aircraft but that's where JVs and even off-the-shelf components can be useful. Constant backing and determination from the top is essential as this is the ultimate goal, an indigenous development.

Hope to have sweet fruits of such trees and eggs wouldn't rot but be hatched as wished In'Sha'ALLAH.

Problem is PAF and it's mindset is 20 years behind the world

Our enemy gaining superiority in skies both electrical warfare radars and jets

Our air chief is stocked with 8 F 16 and thunder

Yes thunder is done its only 5 years old and they want money on block 2 and 3 infact these block 3 things should have put on initial models so time and money can be saved

Our PAF is unprofessional if F 16is not coming our c 130 can be converted to ac 130

F 16 is for us like selling our dignity to us and PAF gas no Shane a thing which is becoming embarrassment to nation still saying it has special relationship with us on F 16 which usa showed u

Its nothing but empty talk and big words we dont have 4.5 gen 5th gen no aesa no hobs still operating world absolete f7 mirages and we r thinking about six gen though money to buy a new aircraft in significent numbers fool this foolish nation which worships indi iduals blindly and puts persons before institutions incase of a war just india,s su 30s are enough to tackle your entire incapble out numbered outmatced having inferior technology PAF

He is gambling on somehow a local talent evolving and is putting hope in the wrong people.[/QUOTE
These are long term plans incase of a war we dont need hope we need capable aircrafts which can defend our skies and cover our ground forces right now we niether have the numbers or the capability jf17 was a wrong choice to begin with j10 with tot would be an economical choice with a better plateform then our air marshalls need offshore properties in uk us and dubai aswell
Shahid latif is just tip of the ice burg

it seems none of the posters here seem to be willing to honestly face the facts here:

The "civilian" government is runs by criminals who have looted the wealth of the country, run the show....
we dont need the "prove it in the court nonsense [more on this later]...just one question each where did asif the z man get money for the chateau in france and how he sent the money there...same for nawaz's panama leaks money...
they protect landgrabbers and such like and thus are involved directly in the murders committed by these ruffians
model town massacre is case in point
asif the z man harboured a traitor in the presidency for months on end and let him leave the country
nawaz has been harbouring jindal and other RAW agents in his house--he invited the butcher of ahmadabad to his home and made sure no loyal pakistani was around to hear the conversation.....

for thirty years plus the civil "servants" and government employees are recruited on corrption and promoted on their criminal expertise---only slaves are permitted advancement and then rewarded with largess from the state coffers. the poilce is run by and manned by known criminals who were enlisted with the specific purpose of furthering the criminal agendas of the criminal gangs masquerading as political parties in pakistan--witness the chotu layari and MQM gangs....

all state enterprises have been deliberately driven to the ground, their assets sold of at scrap value and "privatized" patisktan steel, PIA railways etc....banks sold off to crooked businessmen etc.

the country has been driven to the banks of bankrupcy by loans which are firstly siphoned off as graft and corruption and then used in useless development of "infrastructure" like bridges which collapse before they are completed etc.

the energy crisis is deliberately perpetuated to leech away money from the state for useless projects and "IPP" nonsense instead of pursuing long term goals like nuclear electricity generation etc.

the judiciary among the most corrupt in the world protector of criminals-----no terrorist convicted in 15 years of war--where the military risks their own and their families lives in convicting criminals these are overturned and "stay" ordered.....there is the nonsense about "missing persons" where most of these are terrorists who have run off to join the criminal gangs or they are abducted or knocked off by the terrorists and blamed on the army [the RAW is past master of this as they did in east pakistan] or they are just victims of personal or family rivalry in a tribal culture and the army is blamed for it ....Just next door the indian supreme court reportedly convicted and hanged afzal guru due to popular expectations --they were apparently honest enough to admit the case did not satisfy all legal needs but did it any way to assuage the potential unrest....

so called NGOs operate as front for terrorist organizations run by foreign governments

a general apathy in the population filled with mummy daddy culture and pursuit of pleasure ----all "civil society" working to promote bharati and like agendas.......

deep penetration of pakistani institutions by foreign agents especially since musharraf but brought to fore by asif the z man.....

so what is the COAS supposed to do? in several months no one of any consequence in pakistan has said anything meanigful about the indian naval officer caught red handed ----- the courts released most of the arrested for the APS massacre.....there is no legal cover for a operation in the punjab---the rangers in karachi were forestaled by the alleged daeth in custody of a MQM degenerate.....
the list goes on an on......
Mao / Zhou en lai and Ho chi min were able to stand up for their country because they had a significant past of their people behind them willing to sacrifice and die for tneir freedom....Gen Raheel has just 600,000 men in a state of 180-200,000,000 all of them well adjusted to a life of criminality and servitude.....

Back
Top Bottom