What's new

Dedicated to General Hameed Gul: Man of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to the man that was the biggest threat to Afghan and Indian enemies. The man who broke the Soviet Union and liberated the Muslim Central Asian states. The man who rejuvenated the Kashmiri independence struggle. The man who cared for Pakistan.

Goodbye General.

Goodbye my friend.

Goodbye to the last of the patriots.

innalillahi.png

CMiMI0-WIAA30rs.jpg

@fatman17 help me remember or correct me if I am wrong, the retired Soviet Union Air Chief came to Pakistan to personally meet Hameed Gul and he honored him by giving a mettle piece of the first Mig that was shot by the mujahideens, he said that he wanted to meet the man who defeated us in person...

I had disagreements with the General's views on a number of issues and I always felt that he was still trapped in the 80s, something that I told him once when I met him personally as well. However, that being said, the man was a fierce patriot and wanted nothing less than the best for the country and its people, he was very friendly and caring towards his juniors and there can be no doubt about his devotion to Pakistan. May he rest in peace.

I had disagreements with the General's views on a number of issues and I always felt that he was still trapped in the 80s, something that I told him once when I met him personally as well. However, that being said, the man was a fierce patriot and wanted nothing less than the best for the country and its people, he was very friendly and caring towards his juniors and there can be no doubt about his devotion to Pakistan. May he rest in peace.

Buhat dair kerdi meharbaan atay atay.

When did you meet him?lucky you:D

He was patriot however,and his death was highly unexpected.

Regards

Thi

Well said Sir. No doubt about that. RIP.

Last edited:
Couple of years ago, at the Islamabad Airport Departure lounge. Not under any official capacity.

Yes he was quite fit for his age.

Indeed, he was quite fit for his age. I met him once i think two years ago at Salt n Pepper in Liberty, Lahore. He was quite fit for his age, and what baffled me was that he had no security. He was alone, walking around without a worry in the world. Also, quite welcoming and jolly when i engaged him in a conversation. Very candid with his views and more than willing to listen to the other side.

I agree, i might not have agreed with his point of views but the man was indeed a fierce patriot. My salute to the fallen soldier, God Bless.

Rest in peace Gen Hameed Gul... We salute ur efforts for Pakistan... He was one of the most clever spy masters even more than Shuja Pasha :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom