What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

Argentina should buy JFT with C802 ASM from pakistan and china soon

YgH8h.jpg
In the last Falkland Islands war, France helped Britain neutralize Exocet missiles that Argentina had bought from France. Argentina cannot rely on European or US weapons against Britain, so it must either produce itself or buy from China or Russia.

JF-17 packed with C-802 (or C-803 if China gives special permission) would be the perfect solution indeed.

Actually they did in the covert sense.

It is not a matter of defending the Falklands which UK is more than capable of doing the Eurofighter's stationed there would make mince meat out of the Argies airforce but can UK afford to support a campaign like before? that is the defining question.

Sure against argentina alone but what happens when other south american countries join ? UK will be blocked off from all south america ports except the french one, it won't be long until the last remnants of the British Empire are gone.

Sure against argentina alone but what happens when other south american countries join ? UK will be blocked off from all south america ports except the french one, it won't be long until the last remnants of the British Empire are gone.

UK will send a nuclear submarine to put pressure and use it's diplomatic channels, remember trade works both ways.

Former First Sea Lord wants nuclear sub sent to South Atlantic - East Hampshire - The News

UK will never give up the Falkland islands due to the people of the island being British it is very simple.

UK will send a nuclear submarine to put pressure and use it's diplomatic channels, remember trade works both ways.

and if it does not get their in time ? UK at war with entire south america ? NATO did not intervene in the last falklands war and if another occurs it won't again. The UK barely won the last Falklands war and Argentina would have won it made mistake going in to early the fact is oil was found and now Argentina thirst is growing, I fore if another falklands war comes Argentina and Venezuela + mercs.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Britain 'could not defend Falklands'
13 June 2011

A shrinking navy and lack of US support mean that Britain would be unable to prevent Argentina from invading the Falkland Islands and claiming them as their own, the Admiral who commanded British naval forces during the Falklands War has warned.

In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, Admiral Sir John "Sandy" Woodward said that Britain was over-committed and could not rely on the US to support the defence of the islands as it did in 1982.

Instead the US would support an "accommodation" in order to create stability in the area, Woodward wrote.

He also pointed out that the Royal Navy was significantly reduced and no longer had carrier strike capability.

"We can no longer rely on the Pentagon to support us in helping the islanders in their wish to remain essentially British sovereign territory," he wrote.

"Significantly the islands are already being called the Malvinas by the US. This tells us all too clearly which way the wind is blowing."

"With our land and air forces already over-committed in Afghanistan and Libya, with the defence budget still shrinking, our submarine force more than halved, our destroyer and frigate force halved, our carrier force more than halved in terms of deck availability and completely discarded in terms of fixed wing assets – the answer appears to be that we can do precisely nothing other than accede to US pressure," Admiral Woodward concluded.

There are currently over a thousand troops, four Typhoon fast jets and a frigate stationed in and around the Falkland Islands.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "Claims that the Falkland Islands could be taken without a fight are completely without substance. The current garrison in the Falkland Islands is much larger in scale and has a greater capability than in 1982 and this together with our ability to reinforce rapidly by air has been maintained. "

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeutralCitizen

Your jumping ahead of the gun no South American country will come to the Argies rescue in real war time. They may support it covertly and diplomaticaly but nothing else.

BTW Eurofighter's are already based there and the Argie airforce will be shot down like ducks if they ever tried a military attack.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

A senior defence source said: 'The second they cross their coastline, we'd shoot them from the skies. It would be a turkey shoot.'

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Insiders say British Typhoons, state of the art interceptors, would be able to shoot down the Argentine Air Force almost at will. Military sources say the aircraft and the nuclear submarine in the South Atlantic would be able to repel an invasion long enough to reinforce the islands via the RAF airfield at Port Stanley.

Reinforcements would be sent by air via the military base on Ascension Island in the equatorial waters of the South Atlantic.

@NeutralCitizen

Your jumping ahead of the gun no South American country will come to the Argies rescue in real war time. They may support it covertly and diplomaticaly but nothing else.

BTW Eurofighter's are already based there and the Argie airforce will be shot down like ducks if they ever tried a military attack.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

A senior defence source said: 'The second they cross their coastline, we'd shoot them from the skies. It would be a turkey shoot.'

Yes they will Venezuela has already stated it would I don't see any others However Chavez wants to be dominate in South America and what better then driving the british out ? So Euros alone are going to win the war ? If Argentina strikes first will the UK be able to come back ? In the end no matter how many wars it takes the UK will be evicted from the falklands Argentina will never let it go.

Yes they will Venezuela has already stated it would I don't see any others However Chavez wants to be dominate in South America and what better then driving the british out ? So Euros alone are going to win the war ? If Argentina strikes first will the UK be able to come back ? In the end no matter how many wars it takes the UK will be evicted from the falklands Argentina will never let it go.

You have your head in cloud cuckoo land, actions speak louder than words. I would love to see Chavez do something other than talking.

As the saying goes bring it on and let's dance :)

So how are the Argies going to stike first? with their rusty planes? when the EF are already based there.

Mind I remind you Britain barely won the last Falklands war and it had the better equipment and training, just barely Argentinians would have won the war but they went in to early your probably right, who knows, in the end Argentina will have the Island back, the UK influence is weaking around the world. it's just a question of how long it will take until the UK loses it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I leave it at that.

Chavez wanting to dominate SA is going to be dream for a long long long time, there is Brazil, and I don't think Brazilians are going to take orders or be under some other nation specially with their robust economy and military expansions. Then there is the issue of US who considers SA its own backyard and wouldn't want a war close to its home.

Chavez wanting to dominate SA is going to be dream for a long long long time, there is Brazil, and I don't think Brazilians are going to take orders or be under some other nation specially with their robust economy and military expansions. Then there is the issue of US who considers SA its own backyard and wouldn't want a war close to its home.

USA has been losing influence in South America Like I said South America if another Falklands war comes will back Argentina covertly, however brazil has went against many of the USA requests and likely I see Brazil and Valenzuela leading South America , relations between them are strong.

Mind I remind you Britain barely won the last Falklands war and it had the better equipment and training, just barely Argentinians would have won the war but they went in to early your probably right, who knows, in the end Argentina will have the Island back, the UK influence is weaking around the world. it's just a question of how long it will take until the UK loses it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I leave it at that.

utter nonsense it will never happen trust me, UK will never give up the Falklands islands. Last time the argies got so humiliated they had to wave the white flags.

UK still has the Veto and one nuclear submarine is all it will take to put the argies back in their place.

utter nonsense it will never happen trust me, UK will never give up the Falklands islands. Last time the argies got so humiliated they had to wave the white flags.

Like it said unless Argentina gives up the claims, who knows anything is possible.

Like it said unless Argentina gives up the claims, who knows anything is possible.

India still claims the Koor-I-Noor Diamond so you think UK will give it up? :disagree:

Falklands belongs to UK due to the people being British and now there is oil in the sea's around the islands the Argies have zero chance of taking it back.

If Ottomans had done in their territories what UK did in India or Iran, I would have totaly understood the reactions of those countries you mentioned. But, it really was not the case..

I am curious, you seem to know about British Indian rule than me. Please enlighten us. If your comments are anything to go by then I shouldn't admire things that I actually admire just because they are done by British. That would be my true freedom haa..

I am curious, you seem to know about British Indian rule than me. Please enlighten us. If your comments are anything to go by then I shouldn't admire things that I actually admire just because they are done by British. That would be my true freedom haa..

You and I both know that Britons treated Indians as sub-humans. It is very interesting you forgot Jallianwala Bagh massacre in which more that 1000 people (including women and children) were killed by British Indian Army soldiers. It is also very interesting you forgot that before the colonial era India was one of the major economies in the world.

And today Britain is doing her best to brush this under the carpet, no children in Britain is taught about their colonial history in India. The only good thing left from British rule to India is your being able to speak/write English so that we can communicate each other right now.

Back
Top Bottom