What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

Well, if you look at the situation at that way, India had never been an independent state.

Well I'm seeing the matter as: There are 29% of Britishers living there and the natives are in full support of the British monitoring of the F I. The economy of F I is doing well at $125 million and per capita at $25,000.

So, why not be with the Britons and prosper than live under the tyranny of Argentines...

P.S. Would you care explaining how is the case of Falkland Island related to India?
And allegedly India it isnt an independent state?

Off Topic: :offtopic: The British are in charge of the F I's foreign and defence related matters since 1833.So, I don't see the British surrendering.

They cannot fight a war that far right now. Simple as that. Argentina will not attack but use perhaps economics to get the islands back. Even if there was a war, without aircraft carriers and deployable air power, Royal Navy's ships will be sitting ducks to fighter jets from Argentine, Brazilian and Venezuelan forces. I got 2 more countries here as this time, entire South America is united on Falklands.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Well, if you look at the situation at that way, India had never been an independent state.

What? You're talking about colonial times? They occupied most parts of the world sonny. Including yours. Either you try understanding our history or don't make silly, kiddish comparisons.

P.S. Would you care explaining how is the case of Falkland Island related to India?
And allegedly India it isnt an independent state?

It is very simple actually. 60 years ago, India was under British occupation but win their independence somehow. Today, Falkland Islands are under British occupation. This is how I see the situation.

If Argentina feels strong enough again one day and if Britain does not agree to hand over the island to Argentina, Argentina will definitely strike to get the islands back from Britons. I have no doubt about that. And, I don't think Britons will be able to defend the islands this time.

What? You're talking about colonial times? They occupied most parts of the world sonny. Including yours. Either you try understanding our history or don't make silly, kiddish comparisons.

I don't understand why you, Indians, overreacted so much. It is just a comparison of occupations not the histories of the nations. Britain couldn't resume her occupation in India and they won't be able to resume her occupation in Falkland Islands, either.

I always thought the only good thing left from British colonialism was the fact that Indians can understand English very well. But, I guess I was wrong..

It is very simple actually. 60 years ago, India was under British occupation but win their independence somehow. Today, Falkland Islands are under British occupation. This is how I see the situation.

Large swathes of the eastern world including middle east and Turkey were occupied at some or the other time during colonial era.There's a world of difference between an entire nation being totally occupied and a small portion retaining that occupation. Please see the difference.

If Argentina feels strong enough again one day and if Britain does not agree to hand over the island to Argentina, Argentina will definitely strike to get the islands back from Britons. I have no doubt about that. And, I don't think Britons will be able to defend the islands this time.

You're actually right. Argentina is not strong enough but within the coming years as South America grows stronger, US will have lesser reasons to pressure them as lackeys and more to retain ties as equal commercial partners. Barring Columbia, most of the SA states are cordially friendly and not submissive to US.

Besides, this war if at all, will be between UK and Argentina. USA won't do anything this time other than maybe offer to diffuse tensions or ask both sides to cease hostilities.

Thanks for finding an Asian Master to cure your colonial hangover.:china:

Wow such a devotion no wonder during the partition we got screwed but then again we weren't willing to do thing you guys did and continue to do for Gora sahib.

Large swathes of the eastern world including middle east and Turkey were occupied at some or the other time during colonial era.There's a world of difference between an entire nation being totally occupied and a small portion retaining that occupation. Please see the difference.

You're actually right. Argentina is not strong enough but within the coming years as South America grows stronger, US will have lesser reasons to pressure them as lackeys and more to retain ties as equal commercial partners. Barring Columbia, most of the SA states are cordially friendly and not submissive to US.

Besides, this war if at all, will be between UK and Argentina. USA won't do anything this time other than maybe offer to diffuse tensions or ask both sides to cease hostilities.

Actually, Turkey has never been occupied technically. After Ottoman Empire lost the WWI in 1918 and had to ask for armistice, the Armistice of Moudros is signed between the Ottoman Empire and the Allies. When the Treaty of Sevres signed in 1920, Ottomans were still in power. The war of Independence began in 1920 and ended in 1922 with the sign of the Armistice of Mudanya. And the sign of the Treaty of Lausanne declared The Republic of Turkey. It took only 2 years for us to get rid of Britons.

I only meant the occupation. It will definitely end one day just like it ended in India.

I would rather say your comparison is impractical, irrelevent and pathetic. Colonization against the will of people and willing amalgamation are like "Dwane Johnson and Justin Bieber"- No comparison.

Actually, Turkey has never been occupied technically. After Ottoman Empire lost the WWI in 1918 and had to ask for armistice, the Armistice of Moudros is signed between the Ottoman Empire and the Allies. When the Treaty of Sevres signed in 1920, Ottomans were still in power. The war of Independence began in 1920 and ended in 1922 with the sign of the Armistice of Mudanya. And the sign of the Treaty of Lausanne declared The Republic of Turkey. It took only 2 years for us to get rid of Britons.

I only meant the occupation. It will definitely end one day just like it ended in India.

Thanks for the clarification. :tup:

I would rather say your comparison is impractical, irrelevent and pathetic. Colonization against the will of people and willing amalgamation are like "Dwane Johnson and Justin Bieber"- No comparison.

Tshering22 understood what I meant. I hope you will one day, too.

it is Argentinian land....

what the f*ck right does britishers have?? Faraway nation ---once used to control much of the world and now left with just an island country. .

if I were Pak's UN Rep I would make my position clear that the Falkand Islands are Argentinian territory......surely there are other countries that also agree. When your moral cause is right, you know that you are righteous. We have nothing to lose anyways, Britishers were nowhere to be seen in our favour over our overwhelming valid position on Kashmir.

I am sorry Mr Cameron, but Your navy lacks vital resources now....to launch a successful defensive/offensive operation as far away as Falklands.

Sorry but why do you think the islands should not be British?

it is Argentinian land....

what the f*ck right does britishers have?? Faraway nation ---once used to control much of the world and now left with just an island country. .

if I were Pak's UN Rep I would make my position clear that the Falkand Islands are Argentinian territory......surely there are other countries that also agree. When your moral cause is right, you know that you are righteous. We have nothing to lose anyways, Britishers were nowhere to be seen in our favour over our overwhelming valid position on Kashmir.
Why should they belong to Argentina?

Back
Top Bottom