What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

Sorry but why do you think the islands should not be British?

Because, it is not. It is just a leftover from your colonial history. You will definitely have to leave them at someday, just like you left India, Iran, Egypt, Palestine, Cyprus, etc... If British statesmen are cunning enough, which I sincerely believe so based on my readings, they will try to find a way to take advantage of them just like they did in Cyprus.

I also would like to add I am aware of the fact that no matter what I say, you will keep believing those islands are part of United Kingdom. I do not blame you for this because that's how you have been raised.. It is part of your personality, now. According to your country's beliefs, you are the true source of democracy, modernization and civilization. And you have the mission to show every other country in the world how civilized you are by invading them and getting a pretty small "tax" for what you are going to teach them.

Why cant UK just sell the Island to Argentina for a hefty price?

I don't see why Britain would not let Falklands go. I mean they are of little strategic value, unless Britain is planning a mass invasion of South America......which in their current state, is impossible.

Because, it is not. It is just a leftover from your colonial history. You will definitely have to leave them at someday, just like you left India, Iran, Egypt, Palestine, Cyprus, etc... If British statesmen are cunning enough, which I sincerely believe so based on my readings, they will try to find a way to take advantage of them just like they did in Cyprus.

I also would like to add I am aware of the fact that no matter what I say, you will keep believing those islands are part of United Kingdom. I do not blame you for this because that's how you have been raised.. It is part of your personality, now. According to your country's beliefs, you are the true source of democracy, modernization and civilization. And you have the mission to show every other country in the world how civilized you are by invading them and getting a pretty small "tax" for what you are going to teach them.
But what is wrong with us having them?We claimed land which was uninhabited, why should the Argies have rights over us?
Give me a genuine reason why they should have the islands. Do you not see the hypocrisy here? In that they drove out their indigenous of Argentina while we have not done so here?

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I don't see why Britain would not let Falklands go. I mean they are of little strategic value, unless Britain is planning a mass invasion of South America......which in their current state, is impossible.
Well, strategically they are very important, access to Antarctica, oil etc.
Too much British blood has been spilt for them to go.

You and I both know that Britons treated Indians as sub-humans. It is very interesting you forgot Jallianwala Bagh massacre in which more that 1000 people (including women and children) were killed by British Indian Army soldiers. It is also very interesting you forgot that before the colonial era India was one of the major economies in the world.

And today Britain is doing her best to brush this under the carpet, no children in Britain is taught about their colonial history in India. The only good thing left from British rule to India is your being able to speak/write English so that we can communicate each other right now.
and the ironic part is, all my english friends told me that India has to thank Briton who built all the railways, schools, factories, roads, political systems and etc for India, but the indian friends told me otherwise``so who is right?

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

But what is wrong with us having them?We claimed land which was uninhabited, why should the Argies have rights over us?
Give me a genuine reason why they should have the islands. Do you not see the hypocrisy here? In that they drove out their indigenous of Argentina while we have not done so here?

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

you lot split more blood in India and africa, why did you let them go?

lol```you western people are really at shouting big and 'sensational' words

and the ironic part is, all my english friends told me that India has to thank Briton who built all the railways, schools, factories, roads, political systems and etc for India, but the indian friends told me otherwise``so who is right?

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

you lot split more blood in India and africa, why did you let them go?

lol```you western people are really at shouting big and 'sensational' words

They are not wrong at all,thanks to the British we have roads,modern education,modern military structure,parliamentary system.There is a lot we have to thank them for.I don't agree that they became rich due to the wealth they looted from India,whatever they stole it got exhausted in fighting WW2,they developed after WW2 due to their own efforts and some help from the US.I also dont consider Partition as a downside because had there been no Pakistan we'd have a hell of a time during the Soviet invasion and War on terror.

I don't understand the thinking of most members here.
They say Falklands belongs to Argentina and should be given back when all the islanders are in favor of staying with UK.

By the same logic of these members, Australians should leave Australia as they are not the original inhabitants of that continent;
Americans should leave North America as the original inhabitants were Red Indians; South Americans should go back to Spain and Portugal.
Well lets all go back to Africa where the human race originated and leave the land we are in as we are not the original inhabitants.What silly logic you apply guys.

To our dear neighbors, please stop being proxy of some country for just an hour and then try to lecture others about not being slaves. Geez what height of hypocrisy.

this problem is complex

majority of Falklands people are of British origin

they will never want to be part of Argentina

its true that once this land belonged to Argentina but now majority of people living there are English

this problem is complex

majority of Falklands people are of British origin

they will never want to be part of Argentina

its true that once this land belonged to Argentina but now majority of people living there are English

Those English living in Falklands are illegal settlers, they should be sent back home. They have no business in Falklands.

you spilt far more blood for Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Africa and the US. All of them were let go, or made you let go.

Why cant UK just sell the Island to Argentina for a hefty price?

1. Falklands has British people living there
2. Pride: it's part of UK culture how they kicked the argies and in history books
3. Oil and $$

They are not wrong at all,thanks to the British we had roads,modern education,modern military structure,parliamentary system.There is a lot we have to thank them for..

Got nothin else to say.....:tdown:

Britain's aggression in the Falklands led to the deaths of 8 Chinese who were enslaved by the British navy.

Looks like Britain is asking for the big stick instead of a carrot. Bring it on! lol

Those English living in Falklands are illegal settlers, they should be sent back home. They have no business in Falklands.
Haha, since it was discovered many 100's of years ago, they have held it for like 4 years. We were there before them etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom