What's new

Dassault seeks European drone, Indian Rafale deals

India is too picky, they want to buy a highly sophisticated Aircraft, we spent 3-4 years negotiating for the Typhoons till we got what we want, like in all of our arm deals. I'm a %100 sure that India will get it willy or nilly.

we want good enough that does its job but one which is cheap.. everybody agrees typhoon is better but we have not got infinite money unlike you guys.. :chilli:
Indians like bargain.. :P

@Yzd Khalifa yaar we're discussing torture methods in naswar !!! why dont u come and teach us some arabic torture methods ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
we want good enough that does its job but one which is cheap..
nobody ever said hey this thing is awesome I will buy it at freaking overprise ;)

everybody agrees typhoon is better but we have not got infinite money unlike you guys.. :chilli:
its a long lasting debate !!! But I think it depends on role. Intercepter - Typhoon definatley but for Multirole - Rafale
You want the Naval version too - EF is not even list.
And all resent outcomes of comparison put Rafael ahead of EF

so does everybody else !!!

On other note, India is similar to the UAE, and KSA when it comes to purchasing military equipments, they all have an expensive taste, I'm just thrilled that India didn't go after Russian Aircrafts this time, the Franco DR is cool but bloody expensive ,so to speak;)
India does have expensive taste these days- eve the stuff it gets from Russia isn't coming cheap. The latest batch of SU-30MKIs are costing $110+ million a unit for instance and the FGFA/PAK-FAs are going to be $120++ million a unit.

we want good enough that does its job but one which is cheap.. everybody agrees typhoon is better

Not at all- for what the IAF wanted ie a multi-role fighter, the Rafale is head and shoulders above the EFT. In ever competition the Rafale and EFT have gone head-head the EFT has lost EVERY TIME.

The EFT's strengths lay in A2A combat almost entirely.

The IAF definitely made the right choice with the Rafale- on all counts is was the best machine for the IAF from day 1.n

we want good enough that does its job but one which is cheap.. everybody agrees typhoon is better but we have not got infinite money unlike you guys.. :chilli:

The DR is bloody expensive, but not as the ~ $150 million something Trench 3, the RSAF is flying.

At least the DR is thrice pricey than the 35 " MiG " the Russians are trying to sell to you and other nations.

Beside, India is richy rich

Both of Typhoons and DRs are deadly lethal though :azn:

@Yzd Khalifa yaar we're discussing torture methods in naswar !!! why dont u come and teach us some arabic torture methods ... :D

Sorry man, I was taught how to shoot people but nothing else.. You probably need to talk to a Saudi investigator or interrogator.

I know India has an expensive taste, thanks for confirming that to me as an outsider, I need to listen to local people to re-evaluate my knowledge.

A $110 for a Su-30 :what: :woot:???
India does have expensive taste these days- eve the stuff it gets from Russia isn't coming cheap. The latest batch of SU-30MKIs are costing $110+ million a unit for instance and the FGFA/PAK-FAs are going to be $120++ million a unit.

Not at all- for what the IAF wanted ie a multi-role fighter, the Rafale is head and shoulders above the EFT. In ever competition the Rafale and EFT have gone head-head the EFT has lost EVERY TIME.

The EFT's strengths lay in A2A combat almost entirely.

The IAF definitely made the right choice with the Rafale- on all counts is was the best machine for the IAF from day 1.n

@Sergi
Well friend RPF of MMRCA was clear as crystal. If you cant do anything or have problems with something in it you should not have contested the tender saving your and our time and money.

Didn't the DR steal the show from other competitor Aircrafts :what:? If so, this proved that the IAE is picky when it comes to evaluate contesting Aircrafts!

There is nothing that India can be called picky. Nothings changed in RPF. Actually Dassault should have been grateful that they were allowed to re-enter. But look like French company is going to stretch it to breaking point. Right now GOI is too not in hurry

I would argue that the IAF was generous enough to let them in.

Sorry man, I was taught he to shoot people but nothing else.. You probably need to talk to a Saudi investigator or interrogator.

I know India has an expensive taste, thanks for confirming that to me as an outsider, I need to listen to local people to re-evaluate my knowledge.

110 million,includes new cockpit from pak fa,new avionics,new AESA radar[probably the one on pak fa],structural modifications for carrying brahmos and reduced RCS and New RAM coatings.Also more use of composites for lighter weight .

Yes but the changes made in those 40 odd aircraft are not known to public.

FGFA is likely to climb up to 130/150 millions

Holly damn ._.

110 million,includes new cockpit from pak fa,new avionics,new AESA radar[probably the one on pak fa],structural modifications for carrying brahmos and reduced RCS and New RAM coatings.

Now it's clear why :smart: Cheers

To date it is still not confirmed what these "Super" MKIs will look like (wrt avionics and weapons) but suffice to say they will be incredibly advanced.

This is said to be the cockpit of these 42:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

@Sergi

Didn't the DR steal the show from other competitor Aircrafts :what:? If so, this proved that the IAE is picky when it comes to evaluate contesting Aircrafts!

I would argue that the IAF was generous enough to let them in.

Its more of political drama to allow that many contestants but decision was and is professional. But I agree if RPF was more precise the list would have been narrow downed to 3/4 and would have saved testing and evolution time

It was NOT IAF, it was on request and assurance of French president to GOI so GOI instruct MOD to allow. IAF is in love with French planes since Mirage

To date it is still not confirmed what these "Super" MKIs will look like (wrt avionics and weapons) but suffice to say they will be incredibly advanced.

This is said to be the cockpit of these 42:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

Well,

If it hasn't been confirmed yet, we will want to wait and see, otherwise the IAF won't lie to their people, right?

I love the UAE's Mirages 2000
Its more of political drama to allow that many contestants but decision was and is professional. But I agree if RPF was more precise the list would have been narrow downed to 3/4 and would have saved testing and evolution time

It was NOT IAF, it was on request and assurance of French president to GOI so GOI instruct MOD to allow. IAF is in love with French planes since Mirage

Back
Top Bottom