Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
By 2025 PAF would have:

at least 200 JF-17
at least 4 Erieye + at least 4 Karakoram Eagle AWACs
at least 4 Il-78 aerial refuelers

Looks like IAF would have the edge according to your plan. :p:

Let's say Tejas Mk 2 can fly by 2017 according to plan, it would be inducted by 2024. I don't see how IAF can field 150 Tejas by 2025. :coffee:

The Light Combat Aircraft will attain IOC this year and FOC by 2015
well there are four tejas variants in works 2 naval and 2 IAF version and yes they are of MK2 and fly later this year and two sepparrate prodution lines are in cunstruction for the same

as for AWACS & AAR well we have 6 russian IL based AA refulers + 6 based on Airbus are on order as for AWACs 3 phalcons are already there two are on order besides a further order of 6 more is under nagociations + 4 emberear based DRDO AWACs are under construction and testing phase + 16 more willbe ordered shortlly and one new Boing based rodome/Phalcon type AWACs is under research

dont worry about us and rafale is seurlii coming and the order just might grow to 200 in total

Indian MoD Approves BEL, Thales JV To Develop Radars

The Indian Ministry of Defense has approved the formation of a Joint Venture Company with Thales for the design, development, marketing, supply and support of civilian and select defence radars for Indian and global markets.

Thales will hold 26 per cent stake in the company, as per the Defence foreign direct investment (FDI) norms that India prescribes at present. BEL, as expected, will hold the rest 74 per cent stake, which is touted to be around $10 million...

Indian MoD Approves BEL, Thales JV To Develop Radars

The next step in the right direction?

It will be interesting though, what parts of SPECTRA might be produced or even customized by BEL.
Indeed, but what customisations do you think BEL can make for the IAF to SPECTRA?

Indeed, but what customisations do you think BEL can make for the IAF to SPECTRA?

Different RWRs for example, similar to MKI or LCA and it is evident that IAF has a preference for UV MAWS with more than 2 x sensors like the DDM NG, which is based on IR sensors, not to mention that DIRCM system could be interesting too and we have some Israeli options there. So that are some possibilities, but I personally I always hoped for joint developments of Rafale upgrades, which would be a win win, sadly so far it's doesn't look like that.

P.S. Given the fact that FGFAs EWS will be developed now too, it actually would make sense to look for commonlity of systems. RWR, LWR, UV MAWS, DIRCM, jammers...

Last edited:
Different RWRs for example, similar to MKI or LCA and it is evident that IAF has a preference for UV MAWS with more than 2 x sensors like the DDM NG, which is based on IR sensors, not to mention that DIRCM system could be interesting too and we have some Israeli options there. So that are some possibilities, but I personally I always hoped for joint developments of Rafale upgrades, which would be a win win, sadly so far it's doesn't look like that.

P.S. Given the fact that FGFAs EWS will be developed now too, it actually would make sense to look for commonlity of systems. RWR, LWR, UV MAWS, DIRCM, jammers...
All true. But as far as DIRCMs go- what IAF systems have these? None as of now. Although I've heard the LCH will have DIRCMs and apparently ELBIT offered DIRCMs for the IAF's C-17s but I don't know if the IAF took them up on this offer.

All true. But as far as DIRCMs go- what IAF systems have these? None as of now. Although I've heard the LCH will have DIRCMs and apparently ELBIT offered DIRCMs for the IAF's C-17s but I don't know if the IAF took them up on this offer.

The AW 101 VIP had it, the LCH was planned to get it, Rudra possibly too, FGFA for sure. So it's definitely part of the future EW package of several IAF aircrafts and after Kargil, I think IAF might have an interest in that system for fighters (especially the once that operates at low altitudes) too.

When will someone have the GUTS/BALLS to make a decision on this saga either way.

YES OR NO put us out of our misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom