What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
As of April last year, it was 15 billion for 126, which amounts to just over 119 million per plane. It is possible the cost has escalated since that time.

India's $15 billion Rafale deal faces delays: sources| Reuters

Rafale has 0 export order since becoming operational in 2001. I really don't get why Dassault is doing this nonsense. o_O
And you think it has DOUBLED in the span of 10 months? The price was locked in in 2011 when the Rafale was declared L1.

The indian want an AESA equipped Rafale

This will cost 126 x $125m each minimum = $16 billion

The indians want to license build 108 planes to establish the workshops the plants the hitech machinary man power expertise from france to india add $2 billion.

The indians want TOT this will cost more money add $2 billion.

This plane will need the weapons meterore mica scalp cruise missles etc. add $6 billion

We are now touching $26 billion.

Add rupee devaluation inflation between 2014-2025 time taken to aeesenble 126 rafales and add another $4 billion.

GRAND TOTAL $30 BILLION.

iF YOU think my numbers are wrong then i suggest you digest the new that Brazil have just paid $4.5 billion for 36 saab gripens which ibleive includes weapons.

ie over $120 million per plane

YOU CAN ADD 30% to the cost of any plane just for weapons

in frances case with their equipment 40% for missles and bombs etc.

Add rupee devaluation inflation between 2014-2025 time taken to aeesenble 126 rafales and add another $4 billion.

Wah, somehow rupee devaluation adds to the dollar cost of the deal and not the rupee cost.

Much intelligence, such clarity. Wow.

Stop trying to be clever KBD with comments like

Wah, somehow rupee devaluation adds to the dollar cost of the deal and not the rupee cost.

If my figures are wrong then explain clearly how they are wrong AND GIVE me your figures with science behind it.

Otherwise ZIP IT

If my figures are wrong then explain clearly how they are wrong AND GIVE me your figures with science behind it.

Otherwise ZIP IT

Are you serious?!

Rupee devaluation will only affect how many rupees the GoI will have to pay!

Not the amount of dollars!

For a $50 item, when $1=60, the GoI will may pay 3000Rs, when $1=70Rs, the GoI will pay 3500 Rs. The amount in dollars does not change idiot.

Such brilliance, new Einstein. wow.

Otherwise ZIP IT

The correction is $ is a constant value ... rupee appreciate or depreciates doesn't matter. for (e.g.) assumpe Rs 50 = $1 in 2010. Rupee depreciation doesn't increase the $1 but number of rupees you spend more to buy $1. (i.e.) Rs 60 = $1. which means if Rafale cost $100 in 2010... without adding inflation and other pans it will still remains $100 in 2013.... but Rs5000 in 2010 has increased to Rs6000 ..

But logically if you see no price remains same.. Rafale cannot sustain $100 if it is bound by contract that they cant increase unless the deal is signed. If no such clause exist Indian government will take the default inflation for $ in consideration and will allow Rafale price to grow...

Indian (possible) industrial participation:

lqdew7fu.jpg

Reliance, Dassault planning facility to produce wings for Rafale

France’s Dassault Aviation and Reliance Industries are planning to set up a facility to produce wings of Rafale combat aircraft selected by IAF for meeting its requirement of 126 fighter planes...

Reliance, Dassault planning facility to produce wings for Rafale | Business Line

Ghaziabad Firm Samtel Display Systems Set to Fly with Rafale

...Samtel will be supplying its cockpit displays to Dassault, makers of the French Rafale," informed Kaura. The exe director explained, "Dassault has stakes in Thales which is also a French company. Samtel-Thales Joint Venture will be supplying the cockpit displays to Dassault."...

Ghaziabad Firm Samtel Display Systems Set to Fly with Rafale - Economic Times

Samtel to supply IRST for IAF Rafales

Samtel Display Systems will supply the highly sophisticated IRST (Infra Red Search and Track) system for Rafale, the Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) selected by the Indian Air Force.

The company signed an agreement with the French Thales recently for this technology, and its IRST system would be available for other IAF aircraft also...

..:: India Strategic ::. DefExpo 2012: Samtel to supply IRST for IAF Rafales

BEL Gearing Up For MMRCA Projects

Q : With regard to the MMRCA deal, what role can BEL expect to play and how are you gearing up for this. Will your partnership with Thales cover the AESA radar for the MMRCA?

Anil Kumar :

For the MMRCA contract, we have been interacting with Dassault Aviation and their Tier 1 suppliers like ECE, Inter Technique & Thales. BEL is interested in Airborne Radar, EW Systems and Avionics. We know that these are very specific areas for which BEL is perhaps the best qualified company in India. We have been visited by these companies and their major partners.

BEL Gearing Up For MMRCA Projects

Indian Selection of Future Targeting Pod in 2013

India has floated a tender for the delivery of more than 100 advanced targeting pods for its strike fighters, Two systems are under consideration – the French Damocles pod, already employed on Mirage 2000 and Rafale, offered by Thales of France, that has teamed with Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL) for this program...

Defense Update:Indian Selection of Future Targeting Pod in 2013 - Defense Update:

HAL getting ready to manufacture Rafale

...HAL would start producing fuselage and other parts from raw materials. Dassault enginners would assist in technology transfer and production plants...

..:: India Strategic ::. IAF: HAL getting ready to manufacture Rafale

Who can add infos or sources?

The debate was why the mmrcs rafale will cost approx 30 billion dollars over decades but some fool wants to debate economics. And constant price in dollars versus rupees.

Foolish person totally ignored the cost debate

Last edited:
Looks like the Indian air force will have to choose between Rafale and AMCA for its medium size fighters. I doubt the Indian air force would be able to afford both. :o: What do you say? Even Tejas Mk 2 would cost over 500 million USD to develop with first flight by 2017 (planned as of 2013).

Livefist: Tejas Mk.2 Build Begins

The Light Combat Aircraft will attain IOC this year and FOC by 2015
well its more like IAF will have

LCA MK 1 & 2 in light wieght ,(150 Total)

Rafales & AMCA combo in medium weight ,(250 total)

FGFA & Super MKI combo in heavy weight catagorry *(450 total)

by 2025 thats the main plan you got a problem :azn:

well its more like IAF will have

LCA MK 1 & 2 in light wieght ,(150 Total)

Rafales & AMCA combo in medium weight ,(250 total)

FGFA & Super MKI combo in heavy weight catagorry *(450 total)

by 2025 thats the main plan you got a problem :azn:

By 2025 PAF would have:

at least 200 JF-17
at least 4 Erieye + at least 4 Karakoram Eagle AWACs
at least 4 Il-78 aerial refuelers

Looks like IAF would have the edge according to your plan. :p:

Let's say Tejas Mk 2 can fly by 2017 according to plan, it would be inducted by 2024. I don't see how IAF can field 150 Tejas by 2025. :coffee:

The Light Combat Aircraft will attain IOC this year and FOC by 2015

Last edited:
Gov agreement ready to be signed, technical contracts more or less wrapped up. The rest is political.
You mean all negotiations are over and the deal only needs political approval ?

If not, then what political issues need resolving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom