What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late december the day before the MMRCA winner will be anounced.... bright morning some where in india.

:drag:TOP BRASS 1: AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................
TOP BRASS 1 wife: what... what happpened.
TOP BRASS 1:NN.N.nothing honey its just.....today is the day u know... the last...
TOP BRASS 1 wife : what ??? u never told me u r gona retire today(slight fAINT)
TOP BRASS 1: Hey thats not it.... it just today ...... hmm today is the last day before the mmrca winner is anounced.....
TOP BRASS 1 wife: OMG .. im...im so sorry honney ... it must be hard for u.
TOP BRASS 1: yes its all over...:cry:(tears) i.. i belived some how that it would extend to another decade or so but.. but...
TOP BRASS 1 wife: brace ur self honey.. every thing has to end one day or another..
TOP BRASS 1::frown:(starring at the wall) so ....... no more free flights, no more 7 star rooms, no more star buffet, no more holidays in the name of official meeting....and and nooo more of my favourite free Rose tea and assorted swiss biscutes while discussing........ ohhhu ohu ...godddd what have i done to u ... why everything has to end so soon.....:cry:
TOP BRASS 1 wife: honey.....
door bell(ding dong) TOP BRASS 1 wife : comming...Oh its u brass 2s wife & brass 3s wife... come on in.
TOP BRASS 1: (wiping his tears) hey welcome what a sudden surprise...whats the matter.
TOP BRASS 2s wife : some thing bad happened , its our husbands..... they they gone mad for the past 2 days.......please help us...
TOP BRASS 1:what happened.
TOP BRASS 3s wife: it .. jsut they both ..... chanting strange stuffs from yesterday ,,,,, they are no themselves now.. what to do we have no idea..... please help us.
TOP BRASS 1 wife: what r they chanting.
TOP BRASS 2s wife: "buiscuts, tea, buffer, holiday, free air ride,,,,, taj , hilton, oberoi ,, and other random stuffff , we dont know what that means.????
TOP BRASS 1 & TOP BRASS 1 wife: (sigh) :confused:
LATER THAT NIGHT: phone(tring tring)
TOP BRASS 1: who is it
chief TOP BRASS : it me brass 1.......
TOP BRASS 1: uh hh sir its u... what happened why calling so late.
chief TOP BRASS :something serious ha happened today... and brass 2 and 3 are on the phone line tooo.
TOP BRASS 2:what happened sir?????????????/:pop:
chief TOP BRASS: it.. just.... SAAB has got stay order from delhi high court ... stating the mmrca selection is biased and need investigation....
(ALL FOUR OF THEM THOUGHT-(B1,2,3&CHIEF))
"I...I.....ITS INDIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ....... THEN... THEN......ANOTHER 30 TO 40 YEARS OF TRIAL. THEN THAT MEANS:partay:......."
TOP BRASS 1:UUUUUOOOOHHHHHH.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
TOP BRASS 2:YEPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TOP BRASS 3:IS IT FOR REAL THANK U ...THANK U.....
CHIEF TOP BRASS: YES YES...... GOD UR GREAT............................
(SOME WHERE IN A REMOTE AIR BASE - INDIA)
SOILDER 1:(starring at the sky:unsure:)
SOILDER 2: hey man what r u thinking....
SOILDER 1:it just that..... ive been thinking of the day ................when i actually dont have to worry abt leaving my family when i sit in the cockpit... u know .....the mmrC..............(phone-tring tring)- "yes its soilder 1"
COMAND POST: there is mig 21 gone missing we lost contact... WE BELIVE IT SHOULD BE CLOSRE TO U ...PLE...........
BOOOOOOOOM-- HUGE FLASH (raising flames)......jet crash near by....
SOILDER 1: SIR I THINK IVE SPOTTED IT.................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO OFFENCE ON ANY ONE JUST FOR FUN, NOTHING MORE.

India fighter jet deal soars to $20bn - FT.com

Source: Financial Times

An Indian contract to buy 126 fighter jets from one of two European bidders could be worth more than $20bn, almost double the original estimate, according to government officials.

The defence ministry revised up its initial $11bn estimate after opening bids on Friday from the Eurofighter Typhoon consortium and France’s Dassault, the maker of the Rafale aircraft, a ministry official told the Financial Times.

An Indian contract to buy 126 fighter jets from one of two European bidders could be worth more than $20bn, almost double the original estimate, according to government officials.

The defence ministry revised up its initial $11bn estimate after opening bids on Friday from the Eurofighter Typhoon consortium and France’s Dassault, the maker of the Rafale aircraft, a ministry official told the Financial Times.

Misleading title the article says COULD.

MoD Begins Calculations to evaluate Life Cycle Cost of aircrafts for MMRCA

Written by Ganesh, Arjun
Wednesday, 09 November 2011

New Delhi: The Indian Defence Ministry has initiated the process of calculation of the Life Cycle Cost (LCC) of the two shortlisted aircrafts - the Eurofighter and Dassault Rafale - in order to determine the lowest bidder and the ultimate winner of the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) deal.

On November 4th, commercial bids from the two firms were opened in the presence of their representatives, by the Contracts Negotiation Committee of the Defence Ministry. Though both firms were notified about the cost per unit of each aircraft, confidentiality clauses prevent the figures from being revealed.
According to sources, the per unit cost of the Dassault Rafale is understood to be around 5 percent lower than the Eurofighter. However the final decision will be made on the basis of Life Cycle Cost of these aircrafts, which would be operated for around 40 years or 6,000 hours. The offset and technology transfer proposals made by the firms may also influence the decision.

The ultimate winner is expected to be revealed in six to eight weeks, after which final commercial negotiations will commence with the lowest bidder.

The Government had earmarked Rs 42,000 crore for the deal in 2007. According to officials, the funds can be increased significantly if required.

The offset clause in the tender requires the winner to reinvest 50 percent of the deal amount in the Indian defence industry. The Defence Acquisitions Council (DAC) had approved the offset proposals of the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Dassault Rafale on October 7.

Source: MACHINIST - MoD Begins Calculations to evaluate Life Cycle Cost of aircrafts for MMRCA

don't worry we got money to pay for it.

indeed.

We at Chinese forum always wonder how india can be that rich, I mean if you look, C-17 deal is followed by C-130 deal, MMRCA project and T-50 "joint" development, T-90 will be brought in at the scale of thousands, aircraft carrier and Mig-29 from Russia.

You know, this is the definitation of being rich, on the other hand, we poor Chinese build out own Y-20, improved our Y-8 now calling it Y-9, we had to keep modernize our J-10B to keep it up with your MMRCA, our J-20 project will take probably another 7-8 years to complete no "joint" helping hand, Type-99A2 is damn expensive, only hundreds will be built, our aircraft carriers are still being planned, J-15 is still a prototype.

I would say it is a huge difference & gap, india is clearly having a up hand -- poor Chinese building everything at home, indians buying from everywhere.

We will pay 30 billion, but give me the best Aircraft for the IAF pilots.

indeed.

We at Chinese forum always wonder how india can be that rich, I mean if you look, C-17 deal is followed by C-130 deal, MMRCA project and T-50 "joint" development, T-90 will be brought in at the scale of thousands, aircraft carrier and Mig-29 from Russia.

You know, this is the definitation of being rich, on the other hand, we poor Chinese build out own Y-20, improved our Y-8 now calling it Y-9, we had to keep modernize our J-10B to keep it up with your MMRCA, our J-20 project will take probably another 7-8 years to complete no "joint" helping hand, Type-99A2 is damn expensive, only hundreds will be built, our aircraft carriers are still being planned, J-15 is still a prototype.

I would say it is a huge difference & gap, india is clearly having a up hand -- poor Chinese building everything at home, indians buying from everywhere.

China has defence budget around 80-100 Bn $, more than double than us. Where all money goes ? I know most of countries like Europe, U.S. and Russia won't sell high-tech weapons/jets to Chindue to copy-paste a but to be very frank after seeing your inventory, I feel too much of money wasted or may be it's not known or big corruption taking place.

10 years and 200 bn $ were spent by China for Airforce and you don't even have single 4.5th generation aircraft like Super Hornet, Rafale or Typhoon. Even, Su 30 you are operating are not latest one like MKI and copied one too is based on Su-27 only.

indeed.

Best of luck with that..we are rich and our spend is only 2%.

indeed.

Don't forget to pay for copyrights to original producer. I am advicing you because you used to forget that(J-5,J-6,J-7............ etc etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom