What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the French are money hungry. Who is not?? iT was more uglier in case of Sukhoi's latest upgrade and Admiral Gorshkov deals.

We will get to know about the Europe once we start dealing with them. :mod:

But the mirage upgrade program will make it a completly new aircraft and it will on par with the best.

Fast delivery?/

Dassault was the only manufacturer who offered 40 aircrafts in the shortest span of time..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/63101-france-offers-indian-air-force-purchasing-40-rafale-fighters.html

Now speak. :pop:

I want fastest delivery..if it is french then be it...
But i doubt they will win..They seem to be a little high headed.. or, else UAE and Brazil deals seemed to be in their pocket..

I want fastest delivery..if it is french then be it...

Chill out dude.. it will come in DHL courier..or FED Ex.

Just kidding.

But i doubt they will win..They seem to be a little high headed.. or, else UAE and Brazil deals seemed to be in their pocket..

UAE is highly influenced by US.

Brasil the fight is still going on between F-18, Gripen and Rafale..

Anyway lets stop the fact finding as i have won hands down..

Now the overall score line reads 3-0 in favor of me. :smokin:

No dude .. buying a fighter with complicated background with a consortium of recession hit countries and a fighter with no AESA anywhere in near future makes it less attractive..

lots of news have been reported with labour troubles and strikes...

not to talk about the high price and bigger maintenance costs.

EF will never win or never should win.

US & France is also recession hit and US will impose more restriction us like monitoring.. no change in configuration etc etc.. where as with france.. they are determined to sell things to china..

AESA may look important.. but we have AWACS so AESA is a secondary option.. As a long term strategic goal Eurofighter typhoon is keen to provide both for civil aviation and military aviation + share of work though it is less but still something is better than nothing..+ they got to any extent with TOT..They are the partners with Tejas.. where as we dont have such option with any other partners especially not with France and US... though they EF are costly but they are better compared to all other options available (strategically & politically)... :agree:... Please provide such benefits with other partners apart from inbuilt features like AESA... lets compare which is a good one .. which will be a good debate...

So Eurofighter should and must win... :D

US & France is also recession hit and US will impose more restriction us like monitoring.. no change in configuration etc etc.. where as with france.. they are determined to sell things to china..

AESA may look important.. but we have AWACS so AESA is a secondary option.. As a long term strategic goal Eurofighter typhoon is good both for civil aviation and military aviation + share of work.. though it is less but still something is better than nothing.. where as we dont have such option with any other partners especially not with France and US... though they EF are costly but they are better compared to all other options available (strategically & politically)... :agree:... Please provide such benefits with other partners apart from inbuilt features... lets compare...

So Eurofighter should and must win... :D

US arms industry is safer and France arms export has risen 13% in the previous year.

The Chinese factor is irrelevant. Even Russia does the same.Lets talk about MRCA fighters only.

AESA is not a second option but a primary option as stipulated on the document tender.

EF has only started developing on M-Scan Radar and is only"planning" an AESA.

Selex receives M-scan radar contract from Eurofighter :: Brahmand.com

And tell me how is EF beneficial in terms of political???

As far as i know we have been only successful in getting political gains from Russian and France (Recent avionics issue).

Can there be guarentee as to prevent any sales from say a sale of a naval ship from Spain to any of our adversary???

Mirage-s has been the most useful Fighter we have ever used in distant past.

With no sanction fears , no care attitude of the frenchies , it has to be the best suitable solution.

Not to say how sophisticated and beautiful the fighter is.

Now your turn to say why not Frenchie? :pop:

I like Rafael to win if it is not Eurofighter...further it is underpowered.. I guess it didnt fare well in Leh...

Super bug is very buggy ... It is a product full of bugs... I am not going to pay my tax if that is chosen :D.. that will be my revolt

I dont like the deal either.. Its more than sanctions especially when the manufacturer is the biggest trading partner of one adversary and an Allie of the other one.

I like Rafael to win if it is not Eurofighter...further it is underpowered.. I guess it didnt fare well in Leh...

I too like Rafael among them ..:tup::tup:

The later part can be answered by sancho, dash, anathema and co.

We will get to know about the Europe once we start dealing with them. :mod:

With Jags and Hawks i guess there is no problem with money... they are always good and are more reliable... Further Mirage is a different successful product compared to Rafael.. it is a screwed up work by France who developed it because EU didnt accept to use snecma in Eurofighter... EU did find Snecma is underpowered and it is still :agree:..
And want to highlight that France was in Eurofighter project first and latter dropped because of engine.. so Eurofighter is the boss of Rafael... :agree:

so Benny deal with the boss to get the work done than his subordinates .. so change your opinion to EF :D

Rafale cockpit is beautiful . . . . I love to see it in iaf . . .but one question does it has operational AESA ? And also GE got the contract for tejas engine . . How much effect on fighter deal because of this ?

US arms industry is safer and France arms export has risen 13% in the previous year.

The Chinese factor is irrelevant. Even Russia does the same.Lets talk about MRCA fighters only.

AESA is not a second option but a primary option as stipulated on the document tender.

EF has only started developing on M-Scan Radar and is only"planning" an AESA.

Selex receives M-scan radar contract from Eurofighter :: Brahmand.com

And tell me how is EF beneficial in terms of political???

As far as i know we have been only successful in getting political gains from Russian and France (Recent avionics issue).

Can there be guarentee as to prevent any sales from say a sale of a naval ship from Spain to any of our adversary???

No Sirjee US arms is safe ... but for whom?? only for NATO ....as for France Rafael is already in risk ... There are no prospect customers.. Only one country that is France.. Secondly if you take UAE deal it is very ambitious and it doesnt come under the existing product at all.. Last is the brazil which has very less order.. Apart from that there are no prospects.. they are dead and they will throw there liability on us for sure.... so Rafael should not be considered if it is only EF the other in the race...

As for Russia dealing with China ... they are not giving the same product or will not be giving high end as they have suffered enough.. where as it is not the case with France.. they are desperate.. and china will capitalize that for sure...

If AESA is mandatory then the product will come with AESA otherwise the product will be rejected .. so EU will come out with AESA..

For Political gains EU is the second powerful group that holds the power in the world.. France alone cannot dominate EU.. it will loose to them terribly.. And politically we can arm twist them easily for the deals they are doing with Pakistan and they dont deal with China altogether... Further in addition to EF we also can get Civil aviation benefits which will be a big ++ for us.. so tell me what can France provide us.. As for avionics with Pakistan they havent cancelled yet.. they are checking whether they will be able to pay or not... If Pakistan pays deal will be through...

With Jags and Hawks i guess there is no problem with money... they are always good and are more reliable... Further Mirage is a different successful product compared to Rafael.. it is a screwed up work by France who developed it because EU didnt accept to use snecma in Eurofighter... EU did find Snecma is underpowered and it is still :agree:..
And want to highlight that France was in Eurofighter project first and latter dropped because of engine.. so Eurofighter is the boss of Rafael... :agree:

so Benny deal with the boss to get the work done than his subordinates .. so change your opinion to EF :D

Still unclear about the Jaguar rebid of honeywell engine and Hawks have ran in past in controversies regarding "spares" (disruption of supply) and some issues in damages claims.

Nope i am still a compulsive EF hater.

Nope Engine was not at all the issue for France's withdrawal..

It was ego between Germany and France as far as i know.

Wiki link of Eurofighter has more details.

Snecma-M88 is underpowered indeed. But their Thrust/weight ratio is not that bad either.

I too like Rafael among them ..:tup::tup:

The later part can be answered by sancho, dash, anathema and co.

U forget one . . Benny .
Kidding . . Some member really in my favourite list u mention some i mention one . . . . I learnt a lot from u and some other . . Great job . . Keep it up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom