What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same case applies to Rafale as well , but now they have got UAE to fund .
India is to gain .
But time will be important factor when UAE deal gets signed .

Even without UAE funds, the Rafale is more capable and operational than EF, or Gripen NG (which btw is only available as a prototype so far), it just gets even better.
However, it seems Rafale will sign deals with UAE, Brazil, possibly even Swiss and Kuwait by this year. Our deal is sadly the one that is delayed so much.

Correction

Replace Kabul with ***** Air Base, Gran Canaria

And F22 vs Rafale ,
rafale only lossing once while F22 more , complete B.S .
Some French or Rafale Fanbyoz can accept that , no one else in sane mind would .
I think should call up Gambit to blow of Rafale victory's

Ah that's makes much more sense and regarding F22 combats, these are not rumors, but was confirmed by that French pilot mentioned in the article, in an official press conference of the French airforce.

Last edited:
Here is the main difference b/w the current Gripen and the Gripen NG saab is offering to India

Hi , Mani

Just to add , there was conference in
Linköping, Sweden about Gripen .

If you missed it i can post some update .
forum_suecia.jpg

IMG_0465-580x408.jpg

Below is latest update on Gripen NG

IMG_0426-580x373.jpg

They have increased combat load to 7200 Kg
New weapon stations
New landing gear

IMG_0470-580x391.jpg

IMG_0430-580x425.jpg

IMG_0461.JPG

^^^^

GogBot , what you are saying shows your inclination and bias towards getting Eurofighter .

Your one to talk , you been going on about the SAAB gripen every chance you get.

And i only like the Partnership proposal and Ej200 engine , i think in long run by being a partner of the Euro-fighter program we will ensure we have access to and develop our capabilities along European standards.

20,000 jobs to India is significant long term stake.
Alenia Aeronautica, BAE Systems, and EADS. This would represent long term link's with these company's their nations and their air forces.

We will also get to work with engine manufacturers and so on.

But then again is it all feasible i don't know.
But it was a nice thought.

Why wait/spent so much resource and time on incomplete platform , get the tested platform like Gripen/Rafale .
Save additional amount/ time, for FGFA/MCA .

Same case applies to Rafale as well , but now they have got UAE to fund .
India is to gain .
But time will be important factor when UAE deal gets signed .

I am fine with any plane as long as it's from Europe ,

US has to many restrictions and Russia cant deliver on time

^
:tup: , Agreed .

i am in no mood to write another post .
Euro-fighter is best choice , :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fine with any plane as long as it's from Europe ,

US has to many restrictions and Russia cant deliver on time

But Gogbot some of the compoents in Euro and Typhoon is also US made and we always have the risk of facing Seaking type of debacle..

But Gogbot some of the compoents in Euro and Typhoon is also US made and we always have the risk of facing Seaking type of debacle..
Brother Seiko -

We just had a looooooooong debate on this, iam waiting for Gogbots response. I stopped a while ago:).....

To Gogbot..

Comon Gogy, you can do it again!!!-))...

On EF, mainly weapons, the main techs like engine, radar, or avionics are developed in Europe, but of course can include minor US parts too.
The clear advantage EF and Rafale can offer over other competitiors is ToT, nobody else (except Mig 35 from Russian tech of course) can, or will provide that much. And as Gogbot said, we have a good experience with European jets, helicopters, subs, as well as JV and partnerships with their companies, while US is a new player and is still the main ally of Pakistan. I also think that it is too early to rely big parts of the forces so much on the US (IN - P8I, engines for naval vessels, IAF - engines for LCA MK1 and possibly 2, engines for upgraded Jaguars...), new sanctions would hit them very badly and makes India vulnerable!

Last edited:
Not directly MMRCA related, but still interesting!

The Rafale in Abu Dhabi will be expensive for Paris
La Tribune , June 15

The cost of developing the modernized fighter aircraft according to UAE wishes would be 4-5 billion euros.

The sale of 60 Rafale United Arab Emirates (UAE) is likely to be costly to France. If Paris acceed to all the wishes of Abu Dhabi, the cost of developing the modernized fighter aircraft would reach, according to several sources, between 4 and 5 billion euros, some people felt closer to 5 billion. With slightly more than 1 billion for the engine to move from 7.5 to 9 pounds of thrust, at the request of Abu Dhabi. [...]

To date, manufacturers and Gov. did not despair to persuade Abu Dhabi to reduce the bill, including revising downward their wishes. However, work on the specifications of the aircraft is almost complete, one says to "La Tribune". "We keep the schedule, the pace of negotiations is steady," . Because Abu Dhabi has put all its purchase teams from the Department of Defense on this issue, a priority since the beginning of the year. So, Paris and Abu Dhabi could conclude the sale of the rafale itself before the end of July. Currently, both parties begin to discuss the financial aspect.

Serious lead in Qatar

Who will pay? The UAE will finance a part of these developments. "at best the client will pay only half " one says to "La Tribune". "The remainder will be paid by the Ministry of Defence and the industrialists who will share in proportion to their participation (Dassault Aviation 37.5%, Thales 37.5% and Safran 25%). According to our information, the Ministry of Defense will anticipate developments planned later in the current law on military programming (LPM) to modernize the Rafale for the air force and naval aviation. The aim is to bring the aircraft to the F4 standard in 2015-2020, whereas currently the Rafale is now moving to F3. "Some applications for UAE match developments which are a part of the LPM. We merely advances a number of projects," one says at the ministry. But to date, future specifications of the Rafale for the AdA are not yet fixed.

Last section of the folder, the resale of UAE Mirage 2000-9. A very sensitive issue in the UAE, which do not want that Paris sees to it. According to reports, Abu Dhabi and Qatar have done, with the benevolence of France, a joint proposal to sell their 72 Mirage 2000 (60 for UAE and 12 for Qatar) to India. This would open a serious lead for the Rafale in the very francophile Qatar . Nicolas Sarkozy had praised the qualities of the aircraft to the Emir of Qatar at the Elysee Palace this year. India could therefore find themselves at the head of a fleet of more than 120 cheap and efficient Mirage, counting the 51 Mirage 2000 it already has, to be upgraded by Thales and Dassault Aviation, finally convinced. This led some to say that India could then take his time to manage the call for tenders for 127 new generation aircraft it has launched

Sancho
Is it one year old or latest article ? ? ?.
Interesting , and Mirage was the original choice that IAF always wanted .

Not directly MMRCA related, but still interesting!

But the question is will India be interested in buying further 70 odd fighters along with 126 MMRCA in near future.
Although i personally feel that buying these m2000-9 will be good choice even if they cost around 40 $ mn/unit.
If the mig 21 continue to crash at the current rate then India might be forced to ground its mig 21 non-bison (about 150 ) as early as next year then they might think of this option( if available)

Sancho
Is it one year old or latest article ? ? ?.
Interesting , and Mirage was the original choice that IAF always wanted .

A latest:

The Rafale in Abu Dhabi will be expensive for Paris
La Tribune , June 15

Yes Mirage was the original choice, but MoD seems to want more, also we asked Quatar for their M2ks before, but they wanted a way to high price for them, so why should this be different now?
Personally, I thought to buy the UAE M2k-9, instead the upgrade of our M2ks would be a good idea. Half of them are pretty new and it is known that these are upgraded with techs and weapons that not even the M2Ks of French forces had.
However, the focus of IAF/MoD now is on 4.5 gen fighters with AESA radars, that's why I doubt they will go for the M2Ks now. Brazil could be a possible buyer too, combined with the Rafale deal.

If the mig 21 continue to crash at the current rate then India might be forced to ground its mig 21 non-bison (about 150 ) as early as next year then they might think of this option( if available)

The problem is, we can't get those M2Ks right away, for every squad of Rafale those countries gets, they would send a squad M2Ks to us, so it will need time too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom