What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Wow i dont see this going anywhere if it is true. Differences can be resolved if they were fighting over millions but french are literally looting India now. No matter what people this is a total rip off at 11 billion. Why not just go for SU 35 i am sure Russia can provide 3 times more SU35 in same amount and india wont even have to setup any new maintainance capability. Moving away from core of your technology will be a disaster if french ever decide to hold up spares over mere spats.

Even $7 billion is way too much!

WTF are they selling us? F-22s?

Rafales are good but they are costing more than a 5th generation jet per unit price.

What's wrong with Dassault!?

They know that india cant back out of this deal otherwise it will be a major embarrassment. So they are trying to Milk the cow which is literally overflowing with milk.

Who Told You that It Will Cost Us Popping 12 Billion $ For MKI MLU that Price Quoted Few Years back
http://cassindia.com/inner_page.php?id=53&&task=military
LCA is Far From Replacing Rafale which Omni-role Fighter

MKI is Never Designed For SEAD/DEAD Mission Look at Serviceability Rate Difference Engine Malfunction Rate of Russians Also PLAAF Access to Similar Accessories

Rafale is on other Hand is Superior Platform in terms of Both Capabilities and Serviceability
French are Also agreed on 50 % Offset comes in New DPP 2016
By 2016 serviceability of su 30 will be 75% which will be at acceptable level. If IAF would have stopped drooling over rafale and invested in spare parts this would never have happened.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-supply-of-sukhoi30-spares/article7960633.ece
"Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had informed Parliament that efforts were on to improve the serviceability rate of Sukhoi’s to 75 per cent by this year end from the current level of 56-57 per cent."
For SEAD and DEAD mission you also need numbers which can easily be filled by lca, or are you stating 36 rafale will be used against combined might of PAF and PLAAF. How the hell is IAF planning to maintain its sanctioned strength of 45 squadrons if they intend on buying such expensive platform. And if I recollect correctly MMRCA was floated when there was a delay lca program it was touted as a stop gap measure at a cost 11 Billion $ for 126 aircraft. Now that LCA production has started what is the need to continue this facade.
I also don't get this terminology that IAF use Heavy, medium and light aircraft . USAF with all its budget uses the light F16 and heavy f15 and standardized their entire inventory based on these 2 platform. But IAF wants to buys everything in bits and pieces, and then complain about serviceability of aircraft.

Wow i dont see this going anywhere if it is true. Differences can be resolved if they were fighting over millions but french are literally looting India now. No matter what people this is a total rip off at 11 billion. Why not just go for SU 35 i am sure Russia can provide 3 times more SU35 in same amount and india wont even have to setup any new maintainance capability. Moving away from core of your technology will be a disaster if french ever decide to hold up spares over mere spats.

They know that india cant back out of this deal otherwise it will be a major embarrassment. So they are trying to Milk the cow which is literally overflowing with milk.
Who told you that India will pay 11 Billion USD? Most likely 7-9 Billion USD with 50% offset( means 50% deal cost will be invested in India itself).

I smell corruption
Since its govt to govt deal, Chances of corruption is very low. Also everything will be wide open to see( any Indian can ask for record of each rupee spent through RTI)

By 2016 serviceability of su 30 will be 75% which will be at acceptable level. If IAF would have stopped drooling over rafale and invested in spare parts this would never have happened.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-supply-of-sukhoi30-spares/article7960633.ece
It Will be Still Rafale is needed to supplement falling squadrons and To Maintain technical Parity with PLAAF.
For SEAD and DEAD mission you also need numbers which can easily be filled by lca, or are you stating 36 rafale will be used against combined might of PAF and PLAAF
LCA is Light Weight Category Fighter Its Built Replace Mig-21 With Combat Radius of 500-600 Km its Not Suited For Deep Penetration Mission

As of Know LCA Production Rate is Slow And its Operational Requirement is Different From Rafale

Rafale will be the First Aircraft in IAF to which will have operational AESA with Sensor Fusion

You are right. Let's see how this pans up.

Who told you that India will pay 11 Billion USD? Most likely 7-9 Billion USD with 50% offset( means 50% deal cost will be invested in India itself).
Guy is Talking about Replacing Rafale With LCA

But theyd are taking orders from other countries for Tejas.

This is confusing.
No they are Not First they Have to Full Fill Indian Orders
LCA will go Full Production only by 2018
Although LCA is a LightWeight Category Aircraft

Deal cost is mere 9.6 billion $ with 50 % offset thats's 4.8 billion $ For you

It Will be Still Rafale is needed to supplement falling squadrons and To Maintain technical Parity with PLAAF.
Whatever be the technical parity, any war with PAF and PLAAF will lead to high level of attrition and for that you need cheap fighters like lca and su 30 in numbers.
LCA is Light Weight Category Fighter Its Built Replace Mig-21 With Combat Radius of 500-600 Km its Not Suited For Deep Penetration Mission
Check the geographic map of pakistan most of their population centre lay within this 500 to 600 Km radius .
19994-87097D0CD0E109F6C12577980031CFEC-Map.png

In case of China I doubt even SU 30 will have the range of flying over all the way in Tibetan plateau to attack their main population centre .

In April 2015 all the propaganda was there to say deal costly only 4B$ which is way cheaper that Egypt deal. But now discussion is around 7b$?? Morover government is saying again and again that we are ok with the deal then bargaining price?? What kind of business model is this???

Every Billion saved on RAFALE would directly go into FGFA development.

In case of China I doubt even SU 30 will have the range of flying over all the way in Tibetan plateau to attack their main population centre .
What is Combat Payload LCA Its Light Weight Category Fighter with Combat Payload of 3700 KG.Still Not Suitable For Deep Strike Missions
Whatever be the technical parity, any war with PAF and PLAAF will lead to high level of attrition and for that you need cheap fighters like lca and su 30 in numbers.
Which Still in LALA Land DRDO Babus still Not Able to Deliver SP-2 Since Last year Come to Real World
Dear

In April 2015 all the propaganda was there to say deal costly only 4B$ which is way cheaper that Egypt deal. But now discussion is around 7b$?? Morover government is saying again and again that we are ok with the deal then bargaining price?? What kind of business model is this???
Sir ji what is offset 50 % Actually Do you Know

Last edited:
The price of 11 billion is a rip off. Even at 7 billion it is very expensive.

Its better to just use the money for domestic production and RD.

In a country where micro loans can drastically influence a persons future, 11 billion dollars is like taking 10 dollars from every one in India and giving nothing in return (for the common man).

If I was Modi, I would just tell the French to fcuk off if they bring up 11 billion dollars.

Back
Top Bottom