What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

There was total omissions of defence procurement by Congress for very long time. Even media forgot our Armed forces . But now it's in reverse gear . We will take bold moves even if some parties criticise us. Nation is what matter . Not me or Babus

Policies needed to be changed . Those who want to join in our make in India they must be made as our partners in a long run. Make in India will be a win win for all . And be a great success

Swami is our most respected member , I will invite him one day to explain him about the contracts which we will sign is clear and may be one of the best deal for India than UPAs MMRCA . 70% is missile 30% is missiles ( overall cost of the deal)

I saw the comment made by dogvijay on modi buying jets like buying Fish . But let me tell you Fish has protein which can improve his mental capacity Lol
These a$$holes are politicians who know squat about the technicalities. They'll politicize even the color of your shit!

It's high time they learn to STFU!

IDIOTS! :devil:

A friends explanation for the reliance angle

How Dassault will be able to convince anyone that they can build the Rafale better than HAL beats me,unless a wholly new Dassault entity/manufacturing unit is set up in a JV with "Reliance" in India,which would be the beginning of the end of HAL.That would be the thin end of the wedge.A whole succession of aircraft,helos,etc., would later on flow out from this entity and perhaps even HAL would one day end up being pvtly owned!

If PM Modi and DM parrikar are serious about India's defence then HAL efficiency is the key. For that stiff competition is needed nt a monopolised organisation. Thus this could be a potentially whole industry changer decision. Well its speculation as of now of course

ABSOLUTE Nonsense

36 is PEANUTS

They want more 36 is the Carrot for Dassault

Accept or not this is the truth.

Why, because the price is $5billion for 36 i.e. about $139million per piece, that is also without weapons suit.

Think what will be the cost of 108 rafales with TOT you can easily take the number well above $30BILLIONS.

IS INDIA GOVT. NUTS TO PAY THIS MUCH FOR 4.5 GENERATION STUFF?

Last edited:
On DRDO and other PSU :
We must be patient . Things can't change in just a day . it will take some time and we will make them the best on the world .

Alas !!!! Interview over . THANK YOU ! NAMESTE :) :D

These a$$holes are politicians who know squat about the technicalities. They'll politicize even the color of your shit!

It's high time they learn to STFU!

IDIOTS! :devil:

Chill out Bro ! I just posted the answers. These are made to the questions asked by our 64 Rafale news breaker ;)

All watch DD NEWS ...
Show will continue on our defence matters .

Nowadays DD News is very good in covering All positive info unlike who poked who #SupariJurnos

On Joint Chief of Army staff dM said ... American methods might be followed .

On One rank one pension he said soon there will be some good movement . In the interest of our jawans and veterans

. And I missed the rafale part (My bad ) but we can expect an article by 64 rafale deal news breaker . So let's see

Now defence experts review on DM interview .

One thing is sure. Some serious efforts going on to make Indian Armed forces into most feared among the world . Very clear motives and initiatives from this new government.

And may I know his name ? Expert from NDTV who broke rafale deal before PM visit to France . Looks like he has shifted to DD NEWS

Just now I have watched a discussion about Refale deal on NDTV. Expert says " it seems the deal of 126 refale has cancelled but new deal has been signed of 36 refale. This is Gov't to Gov't deal . So India will get fast result". But total number of refale is still in dark.

About the costs i have the info. HAL (and subcontractors) cost would be 2.7* cost of Dassault (and subcontractors) produced.

About "generation" term it would mean a quantum leap, which F-35 isn't doing.

Some views by Veterans on the programme .

Armed forces never have respect for DPSU why:

Yes true. But they have served the country . But would have been much better . Credibility and timing as suffered. Point is why is that . In 1970 our defence imports was 70% same as today. There us no owner ship . Because we induct from all sort of ministry . But in UK etc they all get trained in one defence institution before they take responsible position in PSU .

On Private players : Yes we need competition . Because there will be more R&D .

On Offset :If we buy 1 cr worth there will be some 15% of reinvestment before. NOW ITS INCREASE TO 30-40% . It will take some time at least 10 years because we will kep importing for the next 10 years anyway so we must improve as soon as possible.

On Two front war : we are doing well in this concern though it might not look like from outside . But we are very much prepared for the past 10 years .

Really hard to cope up with fast typing .

Programme tittle : BIG STEPS FOR DEFENCE

CNN-IBN too reporting on the MMRCA deal being scrapped quoting Parrikar. Also says that no more tenders, all future deals to be government to government.

As expected you desi low lives resort to abuses at last

Apparently not enough to save your policemen from naxalites.
Maoist releated casualties in India is 30 times less than Karachi alone. Not even considering other parts.

That's right. It has to be outside the scope of the current MMRCA negotiations. That is the only way it cannot be challenged in court.

MMRCA deal scrapped. All future deals to be only government to government.

Just now I have watched a discussion about Refale deal on NDTV. Expert says " it seems the deal of 126 refale has cancelled but new deal has been signed of 36 refale. This is Gov't to Gov't deal . So India will get fast result". But total number of refale is still in dark.

Nooo ... This is what DM said .

36 rafale will be bought in fly away conditions . Once PM return we will make more info to the public and others involved in this process. So deal is still on . Because just a day ago in another interview to Times now DM clearly said . This is out of box deal . And negotiations will take place to make more Advanced fighter jets in India .Rafale or otherwise. But I don't want to go into the matter deeper as negotiations (Noted? ) Still ON .

Deal is through I guess . France and India will discuss in this issue from today !!! Including Dassault , French president, HAL babus and MOD officials for the 36 and MMRCA in a long run to sort out the issue . So don't go with someone's thoughts . Let's stick with official one .

Oh God DM on CNN :

Rafale will be more expensive . MMRCA SCRAPED !!!! Future deal will be Govt to Govt deal .

So MMRCA cancelled ? And we will go for 36 more fly away condition or 126 Govt to Govt or Cheaper deals ?

OH THIS IS IT !!! IF French want to sell more rafale it will be thru Govt to Govt deals and they have to play by our rules and likes . Or India will go for cheaper jets ... ???? 80 million su35 S ?

MMRCA deal scrapped. All future deals to be only government to government.

There is unlikely to be any more govt. to govt. purchase since it does not address Offset.

So IF any more Rafale are to be brought, then joint venture is the only possibility.

But things started looking brighter for LCA and AMCA.

Accept or not this is the truth.

Why, because the price is $5billion for 36 i.e. about $139million per piece, that is also without weapons suit.

Think what will be the cost of 108 rafales with TOT you can easily take the number well above $30BILLIONS.

IS INDIA GOVT. NUTS TO PAY THIS MUCH FOR 4.5 GENERATION STUFF?

Parrikar said the cost is 70:30 split between Aircraft and missiles. I am going to guess the price of the Aircraft should be about 110-120 million $ per aircraft.

Last edited:
This seems a government to government deal by what is being said by the MEA and therefore outside of the MMRCA contract. So its contours are unaffected by any stipulations in the original requirements. What this means for the wider contract is completely unclear. Unless Dassault comes up with a better offer, it is probably likely that the larger contract will disappear though there might be some additions to the number of 36 through a direct government to government deal.

Not necessarily, if this deal now is meant to cover the flyaway part of the MMRCA deal, the larger tender might be for the licence production only, which means no fighters produced by Dassault anymore. And as shown, we also don't know how the numbers will be effected. 36 + 90 would still cover the requirement for IAF and the order for Dassault, since we still buy 126 fighters, just with less or bypassing Dassault. So we have to wait for the details of the deal, to finally judge it, but as I said, it has no relevance without fixing the larger deal.

The series of twets is disturbing.. Rafale capped at only 36 with MMRCA dead means either another bird in that category or PAKFA earlier variants coming in or may be rumored Su35Stealth (really)?) or eprhaps the beginning of the AMCA in a big way.

So logically Dassault played too hard ball and lost a scope for 200 birds? and had to be content with just 36???

Media speculations and there is no deal for 36, only the "intend" so far, with the negotiations on MMRCA going on as the DM confirmed.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom