What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

News posted already in Rafale sticky.

Pls post Rafale news in sticky only..

@waz @WAJsal

Kindly merge the thread with the sticky

If it was upto me, I'd have given u privileges to do it urself. There can't be a better thing than that. And the Indian section will only get more organised if you didn't have to depend on another person to action on your request. Thanks @PARIKRAMA for your untiring efforts.

Good Day to you!

posting the article

Rafale deal closer to a decision, sent to PMO for final review
PTI | Sep 1, 2016, 07.23 PM IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Defence ministry has cleared the final report on purchase of 36 Rafale jets
  • The report is now sent to the PM for his final review and assent
  • French sources have said they are expecting a positive development this month

NEW DELHI: The multi-billion Euro deal for 36 Rafales moved a step closer to a decision as the file on the fighter jets has been sent to the Prime Minister's Office for final review and clearance.

Defence sources said on Thursday the final report submitted by a team negotiating the much-anticipated Rafale deal with France has been cleared by the defence ministry.

While officials remained tight-lipped about the state of the deal, a high-ranking source when asked by PTI if it has been moved for clearance by the Cabinet Committee on Security, said, "I would not say no".

French sources have said they are expecting a positive development this month.

During his visit to France in April last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced that India would purchase 36 Rafale jets in a government-to-government contract.

Soon after the announcement, the defence ministry scrapped a separate process that was on to purchase 126 Rafale fighter planes, built by French defence giantDassault Aviation.

The deal is expected to be worth around 7.89 billion Euros for the 36 fighter jets in fly away conditions.

The weapon systems, part of the deal, will also include the new-age, beyond visual range missile, Meteor, and Israeli helmet mounted display.

The price of the deal was brought down from nearly 10 billion Euros, as sought initially, due to various reasons, including tough negotiation by India, the discount offered by the French government and reworking of some of the criteria.
It is not clear if the price has been brought down further, but India was seeking more.
The new deal comes with the clause of delivering 50 per cent offsets, creating business worth at least 3 billion Euros for smaller Indian companies and generating thousands of jobs in India through offsets.

The commercial negotiations on the pricing of the planes, equipment and other issues began in mid-January this year.

+++

View attachment 330620

and CCS :agree:

August 12th
View attachment 330621
https://defence.pk/threads/dassault...ussions-thread-2.351407/page-298#post-8562600

upload_2016-8-12_18-19-55-png.325223

https://defence.pk/threads/dassault...ussions-thread-2.351407/page-288#post-8510478

upload_2016-8-12_18-18-58-png.325221

https://defence.pk/threads/dassault...ussions-thread-2.351407/page-284#post-8490532

++

We will hear more NEWS Soon...
I never doubted you bro and once again you are being proven right.

I am just too inpatient and am waiting to celebrate the MII aspect, the 36 off the shelf deal is merely the amuse bouche.

Any updates on that front brother? What Indian partner(s) are being lined up to produce these beasts in India now it seems RIL is on the outside?

I am just too inpatient and am waiting to celebrate the MII aspect, the 36 off the shelf deal is merely the amuse bouche.

Any updates on that front brother? What Indian partner(s) are being lined up to produce these beasts in India now it seems RIL is on the outside?
200+ is the final number. Has been since the time the IN numbers got involved. All this updates is just like a news feed. Wait for the biggie. And ya, its not RIL. Either Mahindra or Tata. Was speaking to somebody from RIL. He said, its not them. They are concentrating on Telecom, Retail and Petrochemicals.

One group whose name is prominent is Reliance Defence+ Samtel+ Bharat Electronics. This group partners is expected to be joined by another company to boost the credibility bcz of ADAG groups present financial position . The inclusion of a PSU in the form of BEL or any other company will be for seamless flow of tech transfer and hence some point to HAL and some point to L&T being also included.

The decision finally will be conveyed when strategic partnership is out.but chiefly as of now there is a understanding between Reliance defence, Samtel and Bharat Electronics to complete the JV with Dassault to produce Rafales and Falcons ...

Not to mention the GoI wants another PSU involved, besides HAL. Samtel is a given for their field. I hope its not ADAG. He seems to mess up everything he enters. Mahindra would be much better organised as a group.
Airbus got them. So yes a possibility exists.. but difficult chance..tata are snapped by both Boeing and LM .. so tata are actually out unless GOI coerces them to get on board..

Government will like to spread the new defence JVs who are awarded contracts instead of concentrating only on one entity.. so that's why Mahindra is a challenge.. besides L&T I don't see suitable choice bcz they are involved a lot with DRDO projects and does work for LCA as well.. they are a sub assembler. Naturally handpicking them gives immense advantage and access..

One group whose name is prominent is Reliance Defence+ Samtel+ Bharat Electronics. This group partners is expected to be joined by another company to boost the credibility bcz of ADAG groups present financial position . The inclusion of a PSU in the form of BEL or any other company will be for seamless flow of tech transfer and hence some point to HAL and some point to L&T being also included.

The decision finally will be conveyed when strategic partnership is out.but chiefly as of now there is a understanding between Reliance defence, Samtel and Bharat Electronics to complete the JV with Dassault to produce Rafales and Falcons ...

damn ADAG is going to be the weakest most vulnerable link if dassault decided to partner with them

Earlier all reports said RIL. There is only 1 RIL. That is Mukesh Ambani. Anil Ambani is called ADAG, not RIL.

Actually, you said RIL, I did not.

Pipavav was acquired by Reliance Defence and Engineering, RDE. It's under ADAG. It was purchased by Reliance Infrastructure, which is also under ADAG.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ence-and-engineering/articleshow/51243955.cms

Then there's Reliance Defence and Aerospace, RDA.
https://in.rbth.com/economics/defen...space-to-make-200-helicopters-in-india_393195
The Russian government has selected Reliance Defence and Aerospace (RDA), a company owned by Indian billionaire industrialist Anil Ambani, for a joint venture to manufacture almost 200 Kamov 226T helicopters in India.

All of ADAG's subsidiaries have the name Reliance in them. Like Reliance Power, Reliance Comm, Reliance Capital etc.

So RIL is under Mukesh and has nothing to do with defence. All the defence related stuff is under ADAG. Hence the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom