What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Actually, you said RIL, I did not.

Pipavav was acquired by Reliance Defence and Engineering, RDE. It's under ADAG. It was purchased by Reliance Infrastructure, which is also under ADAG.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ence-and-engineering/articleshow/51243955.cms

Then there's Reliance Defence and Aerospace, RDA.
https://in.rbth.com/economics/defen...space-to-make-200-helicopters-in-india_393195
The Russian government has selected Reliance Defence and Aerospace (RDA), a company owned by Indian billionaire industrialist Anil Ambani, for a joint venture to manufacture almost 200 Kamov 226T helicopters in India.

All of ADAG's subsidiaries have the name Reliance in them. Like Reliance Power, Reliance Comm, Reliance Capital etc.

So RIL is under Mukesh and has nothing to do with defence. All the defence related stuff is under ADAG. Hence the confusion.
Thanks for the clarification - Couldn't one of the bro not choose the name reliance !

Both are correct, initially If i remember it was said reliance industries MOU under MMRCA and now it's Reliance defence under ADAG post MOU elapsed..

Yeah, but that deal was dead on arrival because HAL was supposed to be the main partner. RIL and Dassault are still involved in the Falcon. RIL is more into civilian tech, like their deal with Boeing also.

Thanks for the clarification - Couldn't one of the bro not choose the name reliance !

The brothers became all chummy again. Now RIL will take over communications with their Jio. And ADAG gets defence. They have decided they will help each other out.

Mukesh's aerospace company is called Reliance Aerospace Technologies, RAT. :lol:

Actually, you said RIL, I did not.

Pipavav was acquired by Reliance Defence and Engineering, RDE. It's under ADAG. It was purchased by Reliance Infrastructure, which is also under ADAG.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ence-and-engineering/articleshow/51243955.cms

Then there's Reliance Defence and Aerospace, RDA.
https://in.rbth.com/economics/defen...space-to-make-200-helicopters-in-india_393195
The Russian government has selected Reliance Defence and Aerospace (RDA), a company owned by Indian billionaire industrialist Anil Ambani, for a joint venture to manufacture almost 200 Kamov 226T helicopters in India.

All of ADAG's subsidiaries have the name Reliance in them. Like Reliance Power, Reliance Comm, Reliance Capital etc.

So RIL is under Mukesh and has nothing to do with defence. All the defence related stuff is under ADAG. Hence the confusion.

Please read what earlier reports were saying. All reports concerning DA mentioned RIL. And I am well aware of which companies are part of ADAG and RIL.

The current reports say ADAG not the earlier ones.

Please read what earlier reports were saying. All reports concerning DA mentioned RIL. And I am well aware of which companies are part of ADAG and RIL.

The current reports say ADAG not the earlier ones.

Now, all the partnering work is possible only after the Strategic Partnership clauses are finished in the DPP. The older partnerships are irrelevant. Snecma also withdrew discussions with HAL.

Now, all the partnering work is possible only after the Strategic Partnership clauses are finished in the DPP. The older partnerships are irrelevant. Snecma also withdrew discussions with HAL.
with what Indian company can Snecma work ?

I wish Tata took the initiative and got the JV with Snecma. We need someone apart from HAL in the engine business. Even Bharat Forge could be a good candidate.

Good Day!

True. During MMRCA, Snecma had no choice, but now they do. Let's see what happens. It is also possible that Snecma may opt for a 100% subsidiary route.

I missed Forge, they are working on their own engine as well, for UAVs.

Source based news
  • India's window of opportunity is limited here for Rafale signature timeline
  • Mailer yesterday night suggests a new request has come out from Morocco for Rafales
  • Its yet to be confirmed whether this is serious or its just a window shopping request to keep everyone interested.
  • Morocco in past have tried acquiring Rafales but deals did not mature.
  • The presumed date of November 15 is cited for Prz Francois Hollande for a visit and sealing of this deal if all talks by then are matured and deal is given a go ahead by Moroccon President..
  • The numbers are not revealed as of now but expected to replace F-16s
  • Expectation is Morocco may request a expedited order.
  • This implies India needs to get its act together for a possible signing before that in order to match the timelines already stated.
  • In case the deal happens with Morocco, it opens a new customer and further avenues for more Rafales in other places as well.

@Vergennes @Abingdonboy @Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN @Taygibay @anant_s @MilSpec @randomradio @Ankit Kumar 002 @others

Morocco has got F 16 ; I dint know that :rofl:

upload_2016-9-3_10-57-59.png

The insiders said during ISIS intervention they found Block 52+ to be inadequate and faced some difficulties which are pushing them to acquire a much more modern platform preferably twin jet and having much better abilities.

The insiders said during ISIS intervention they found Block 52+ to be inadequate and faced some difficulties which are pushing them to acquire a much more modern platform preferably twin jet and having much better abilities.

But Morocco's economy is in bad shape

Read this

According to trading economics, Morocco external debt almost doubled since January 2013. According to Economy and Finance Ministry of Morocco, for today the total foreign debt is estimated at more than 40% of country`s GDP. The external debt changed from 277.7 billion dirhams in 2013 to 460 billion dirhams in 2016.

https://ask.naij.com/economics/what-countries-have-the-largest-external-debts-i25445.html

Read this

According to trading economics, Morocco external debt almost doubled since January 2013. According to Economy and Finance Ministry of Morocco, for today the total foreign debt is estimated at more than 40% of country`s GDP. The external debt changed from 277.7 billion dirhams in 2013 to 460 billion dirhams in 2016.

https://ask.naij.com/economics/what-countries-have-the-largest-external-debts-i25445.html
They are not the only ones with whom Morocco is talking. They are talking with Russia on Su-34 also.. and possibly a deal of either a lada or amur 1650 sub as well.. Thats why i said as per source it can be window dressing as well as its not fully confirmable.

Source based news
  • Mailer yesterday night suggests a new request has come out from Morocco for Rafales
  • Its yet to be confirmed whether this is serious or its just a window shopping request to keep everyone interested.
  • The presumed date of November 15 is cited for Prz Francois Hollande for a visit and sealing of this deal if all talks by then are matured and deal is given a go ahead by Moroccon President..
  • This implies India needs to get its act together for a possible signing before that in order to match the timelines already stated.
  • In case the deal happens with Morocco, it opens a new customer and further avenues for more Rafales in other places as well.

India has now been playing this game of cat and mouse for a bit too long. I suppose its time the deal is done and dusted.

Source based news

@Vergennes @Abingdonboy @Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN @Taygibay @anant_s @MilSpec @randomradio @Ankit Kumar 002 @others

Read this

Morocco has acquired american F16s with financial eases and low interest loans. The repayment is spread over 20 years as far as I remember.
There would be no problems fiding financial solutions with the King's treasury,we did so for the Fremm deal.....the payment is spread over years.

Back
Top Bottom