What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

I hope they say it.. either way we should buy or politely say no or French says the same.

Hopefully beyond aug sep I see this situation happening seriously
i thought your pro rafale???

There is no reason for French to say that...they are not loosing anything at the moment except keeping India engaged, but if they say so, they will certainly loose one major lead/potential pipeline which is not good for any company!

sure, will be good for our beloved neighbors, thanks for being so concerned...!
its taking too long. you make long look like something thats not long

I wish that happen sooner.
i guess love for the rafale has died then
@Vergennes

will there ever be a point were the french say "no you take it or leave it, you have 2 weeks"

Trappier said 99% of the deal is finalized and that the ball is in India's side.

no you take it or leave it, you have 2 weeks"

As probably many,I wish.
We know that negotiating with India is hard,that they are slow,but this has gone too far.

its taking too long. you make long look like something thats not long
@Vergennes

Yes, we all agree it is taking too long but again its a big loss of India and not for the shortlisted vendors...French are not sitting on huge/any inventory of Rafales...its build to order stuff....additionally, the platform is pretty new hence French is not bothered about some urgent orders to keep the production line up and running...they will be even more happy if they get orders when the platform gets older as at that point in time flow of orders would be dried up increasing the risk of keeping the production line up and running.

I agree that UPA has delayed it for ages........ Wonder what makes Modiji and Parikarji to delay it further?????

Can anyone explain in simple terms whats the holdup? Is it the price issue or guarantees which India sought? Further more what is the status of those off the shelve purchase made directly from France?

Price.

We know that negotiating with India is hard,that they are slow,but this has gone too far.

Yes it is, more so for a government change in place.

Anyways, Indo - French defence relations are multi dimensional and we work closely on many other things. The ties can not take a hit just because of one off deal. Not everything meant to work out perfectly, we can still be friends. :)

I agree that UPA has delayed it for ages........ Wonder what makes Modiji and Parikarji to delay it further?????

Systematic degradation of armed forces?

The only organisation which enjoys the respect of Indians across political, religious and caste affiliations. It needs to be cut to size and caste, religion and creed should rule supreme

Every politician and bureaucrat wishes it - CPC is another indicator ..

Need I elaborate more?

I hope they say it.. either way we should buy or politely say no or French says the same.

Hopefully beyond aug sep I see this situation happening seriously

The deal seems to me like it will die, India should just stick to Russia. They seem more reliable.

Systematic degradation of armed forces?

I really dono mate....... It is frustrating to see the way these guys are dealing it..... I am sure all of us remember the tag "Mother of all deals"....... How much money was wasted on the evaluation???? I had hopes on this DM and the way he started on deals..... But the way things are going looking like full of "GAS" Nothing else........
The only organisation which enjoys the respect of Indians across political, religious and caste affiliations. It needs to be cut to size and caste, religion and creed should rule supreme

I dont believe that could be the reason.... But for sure the inability of MoD, starting with Antony now MP

Will the deal go through
As now india is order the super sukhio

Cost is the issue and French are not budging then quantity might have to be cut down to 28 jets.

Back
Top Bottom