What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Will the deal go through
As now india is order the super sukhio

Super Sukhois are not being ordered. It is an mid life upgrade program of Sukhois already in Indian fleet.

OMG! A new twist? Who could have seen that coming?

:lazy2: Tay.

Media in India does not have any sources in this government ,and their is lot of bad blood between government and Media. Indian media's guess is/would be worse then even this forum's poster.

i wish French should give our overtly clever DM a royale fck off !

So how long is this going to take before the French decides to back off?

Ask the French. The LCC is quite high. No idea. Knowing Indian procurement procedure ... we may soon be augmenting our depleted strength with paper aeroplanes.

Disgusting if you ask me.

I dont know what India intends to do here. Reduced the fleet from 126 to 36 and still foot dragging from buying outright. May be Dassault should evaluate this deal and pull out. This is becoming such a farce.

Trappier said 99% of the deal is finalized and that the ball is in India's side.

As probably many,I wish.
We know that negotiating with India is hard,that they are slow,but this has gone too far.
how long has the ball been on the indian side?

Ask the French. The LCC is quite high. No idea. Knowing Indian procurement procedure ... we may soon be augmenting our depleted strength with paper aeroplanes.

Disgusting if you ask me.

Indian bureaucracy has always been a hurdle or at least this is the impression i always get from you guys. But i thought with Modi things would be different. He was seen as a man of action.
India still enjoy conventional superiority over Pakistan by 3 or 4 to 1. With whats going on in Pakistan i doubt if these numbers are ever going to change in our favour.

Long enough for Indians to have forgotten it is with them!!
so i guess this is a big blunder then.
i tell you what would hurt is if france drops india and turns to pakistan and a deal goes through. i dont think they would want tech to help with the thunder but if they have deep pockets they order 70+ to replace the rose ll/lll and build them locally

so i guess this is a big blunder then.
i tell you what would hurt is if france drops india and turns to pakistan and a deal goes through. i dont think they would want tech to help with the thunder but if they have deep pockets they order 70+ to replace the rose ll/lll and build them locally

Simply they cant afford it, could have been in PAF colours had they got enough money.

India still enjoy conventional superiority over Pakistan by 3 or 4 to 1. With whats going on in Pakistan i doubt if these numbers are ever going to change in our favour.

I don't think the Rafale is intended for Pakistan, IceCold. 8-)

Have a great day, Tay.

I don't think the Rafale is intended for Pakistan, IceCold. 8-)

Have a great day, Tay.

Yeah well they do have the Chinese factor to cater too but bulk of their equipment is always facing us (irrespective of what Indians usually say on PDF) and that will include Rafale as well if they ever see the light of the day.

Parrikar said both sides were still negotiating and the “the IGA [Inter-Governmental Agreement for the purchase of the aircraft] and the offset contract are yet to be finalised.”
Here goes all the chest thumping of the mother of all deals.

The original documents state that any foreign company that sells arms to India will have to channelise 50% of the cost back as contracts and business to Indian aviation companies. While the French feel that this is unrealistic, the Indian government is wary of diluting this contract.
Indian asking too much on such a small deal of just 36 jets. They still behave as if they are buying 124 jets.

Problem will definitely occur when you'll replace old 3rd gen aircrafts with 4th gen ones on one to one basis..... presently MKIs are replacing Mig-21s and 27s on one to one basis while Tejas has joined the party recently too as we await Rafale for the same. So even if our numerical strength is a bit dwindling for now, just think its capability.....

Back
Top Bottom