What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

^^^

That's true! A single Rafale has the same capacities as 2 to 3 M2000s
depending on the type of mission so it's not 1 for 1 exactly.

But you still need a minimum number of aircrafts as even "5th gen" ones
are not equipped with ubiquity.

Good day to you, Tay.

I think India is waiting for the exchange rate of euro to drop further. :)

Ridiculous situation

India Defense budget is the 10th Largest in the world
Forex Reserves of $380 billion

LAST YEAR THE INDIA MILITAY SENT BACK OVER $1 BILLION of unused capital expenditure money/funds.

The issue is not money

ITS INDIA RED TAPE BUROCRACY ....

The indian air force is slowest at modernisation of all 3 services

SU30MKI are maintenance intensive fleet down to 60-70%
operational planes at any time That means today 70+ SU30MKI are non operational

LCA TEJAS great replacement for mig21 BUT india needed this ten years. Indian can manufacture 6 a year they need 40 a year

MIG29 ridiculous service record down to 35% operational planes

IAF is a joke

I think India is waiting for the exchange rate of euro to drop further. :)

LOL, by that metric, they should turn to L2 as the Pound is taking a dive?

:partay: Tay.
The EFT was priced according to the Euro-INR ER.

The indian air force is slowest at modernisation of all 3 services
Nope, that would be the IA by a country mile.

SU30MKI are maintenance intensive fleet down to 60-70%
75% be the end of the year which isn't bad for a twin engined Russian-origin plane.

LCA TEJAS great replacement for mig21 BUT india needed this ten years. Indian can manufacture 6 a year they need 40 a year
16/year by 2018.

MIG29 ridiculous service record down to 35% operational planes
Nope, about 70-75%.

What's the hold-up now?

Are they negotiating & planning to announce the MII as well along with the G2G. I wait in perpetual hope.
@PARIKRAMA is doing a good job of keeping us informed go back and see his latest updates (previous page).

I don't think the MII deal will be announced at the same time as the G-G deal is clinched. The G-G deal is a few weeks from being signed, the MII deal will be signed in 2017.

Problem will definitely occur when you'll replace old 3rd gen aircrafts with 4th gen ones on one to one basis..... presently MKIs are replacing Mig-21s and 27s on one to one basis while Tejas has joined the party recently too as we await Rafale for the same. So even if our numerical strength is a bit dwindling for now, just think its capability.....
Well the IAF is still working to a strength and not capability model. So they are trying to meet their sanctioned strength (42 SQNs) by 2025, beyond that the strength will be expanded to 45 (by 2027), then 50 (by 2030).

But, yes, your point stands and it is worth noting in the face of those alarmist reports from presstitutes declaring India is losing its edge to the PAF!

:dirol:

The EFT was priced according to the Euro-INR ER.

Yeah but since, Brexit happened and that could help exports? :angel:

75% be the end of the year which isn't bad for a twin engined Russian-origin plane.

Oh, I'm glad someone else said that ... but I've got this sudden urge to stool on you to Vostok! :D

Nope, about 70-75%. . . . Ref. - Indian MiG 29s

Really? So the dual seaters must have reached 115% availability, no? :jester:

I don't think the MII deal will be announced at the same time as the G-G deal is clinched.

Not announced but it could be hinted at as upcoming ...
to help the IAF fans fend off trolls, huh sorry, other fans! 8-)

Plus it may generate enough copy to endear this government in the media's eyes
just in time for next year's elections? :ph34r:

Only one of these statements is serious.

Keep smiling good folks, Tay.

Brexit, what Brexit?

Have we enacted Article 50 yet? 8-)

Beleive me, you won't get rid of us that easily, we are going to drag this out. Britain is good at that, right?

Oh, I'm glad someone else said that ... but I've got this sudden urge to stool on you to Vostok! :D

Bring it on :woot:

I was talking specifically about the IAF's MiG-29B's availability. The IN's MiG-29K/KUB availability is a different subject (hovering around 50% but being increased it has to be said).

Dassualt (Mr Tappier) has explicitly stated it (not that any presstitutes were paying attention) a long time ago.

The next GE is in 2019 :P

:dirol:

Only one of these statements is serious.

Keep smiling good folks, Tay.
the typhoon is a good bird its just that you either have to be arab, european or a country near a major sea lane country to buy one. countries like india russia,japan and china are able to build their own. now countries like turkey pakistan and south korea are in the midst of building/developing their own or have a joint venture jets. so its understandable that the market for such a bird is very low even for the rafale and the f15, bird such as the f16 and the f18 and later on the f35 are cheap enought to be purchased in large numbers. if the uk can give very good incentives and financail goodies they will be able to bag orders from a few more countries. pakistan, indoneasia vietnam and possibly malaysia

if the uk can give very good incentives and financail goodies they will be able to bag orders from a few more countries. pakistan, indoneasia vietnam and possibly malaysia
Once the Rafale finds a home in India the Malaysians will follow suit. The RMAF bases a lot of their operational practices on the IAF.

The next GE is in 2019 :P
Yeah but states are up for grabs as always in your land and Modi could be . . .
in a rush to take selfies as prez and roam the world relax max on a new hugging trip? ;)

the typhoon is a good bird its just that you either have to be arab, european or a country near a major sea lane country to buy one. countries like india russia,japan and china are able to build their own. now countries like turkey pakistan and south korea are in the midst of building/developing their own or have a joint venture jets. so its understandable that the market for such a bird is very low even for the rafale and the f15, bird such as the f16 and the f18 and later on the f35 are cheap enought to be purchased in large numbers. if the uk can give very good incentives and financail goodies they will be able to bag orders from a few more countries. pakistan, indoneasia vietnam and possibly malaysia

Man, even though it wasn't mentioned and despite some factual mishaps,
... that sounded very much like an advert for my favourite jet fighter! :cheesy:

I'm probably tired and just misread. I'll come back to it later ... ------» [ ]

:-) Tay.

Yeah but states are up for grabs as always in your land
There are always state elections but I don't think this reality has ever affected a defence deal, these things are federal affairs that the states barely bat an eyelid about.

and Modi could be . . .in a rush to take selfies as prez and roam the world relax max on a new hugging trip? ;)
Took the words right out of my mouth. One thing Modi is, is a man in a rush.

Last edited:
@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @Blue Marlin

Hollande realized that he must hug the Modi to get the billions of €. Smart man. *
When billions of € and thousands of jobs depend on a hug.

*Abroad,not at home.

mohu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom