What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

The monsoon session of Parliament is in progress.With the way Indian Politics run,where each and every decision of ruling government is criticized and questioned by opposition,even if any govt has made up its mind on Rafale deal,it will be announced only after this session of Parliament ends.Besides,MP may want to hear out what best visiting US delegation has to offer in terms of technology transfer and MII.

@PARIKRAMA

Dassault Expects Indian Rafale Deal to Boost Its Bottomline For 2016

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...to_Boost_Its_Bottomline_For_2016#.V5sL_9J97IU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Safran to triple Rafale's M88 engine production

To meet the export orders bagged by Dassault's Rafale fighter, Safran Aircraft Engines (formerly Snecma) is tripling its M88 turbofan engine production.

http://www.aviationanalysis.net/2016/07/safran-to-triple-rafale-m88-engine-production.html

Last edited:

Shoddy reporting stating untruths again :

"Two of these 16,860 lb max thrust engines power the Rafale giving
unrivaled power-to-weight ratio and superior maneuverability."

That's simply wrong! The Rafale has an excellent thrust to weight ratio
but MiG 29MM, SU late 27/35, some F-15s, F-22 and Eurofighter have more.
Now, the maneuverability is superior, however that also comes from FCS and aerodynamics.

These journos write waxing heavy with a lyrical heart but facts are not their forte.

Tsssk, Tay.

Shoddy reporting stating untruths again :

"Two of these 16,860 lb max thrust engines power the Rafale giving unrivaled power-to-weight ratio and superior maneuverability."

That's simply wrong! The Rafale has an excellent thrust to weight ratio
but MiG 29MM, SU late 27/35, some F-15s, F-22 and Eurofighter have more.

These journos write waxing heavy with a lyrical heart but facts are not their forte.

Tsssk, Tay.

I just posted it in the context of India's Rafale deal

The article mentions India ; so I posted it

The article mentions India ; so I posted it

That's where I beg to differ, Stephen.
All sources are not equal. Nor worthy even.

It is in critique des sources that history made its best gains and
you just can't read everything you find, the day isn't long enough.

When you find such errors, esp. in a mere prod increase news,
be very wary and ideally, find a better outlet reporting the same.

Our human minds are incredible link finding-establishing machines,
granted but please cut yours some slack and only treat valid infos?

To paraphrase that piece, I try to maintain "unrivaled" data to noise ratio.
It combats low-clock speed in the processor and saves major time!

Just sayin', have a great day, Tay.

Last edited:
That's where I beg to differ, Stephen.
All sources are not equal. Nor worthy even.

It is in critique des sources that history made its best gains and
you just can't read everything you find, the day isn't long enough.

When you find such errors, esp. in a mere prod increase news,
be very wary and ideally, find a better outlet reporting the same.

Our human minds are incredible link finding-establishing machines,
granted but please cut yours some slack and only treat valid infos?

To paraphrase that piece, I try to maintain "unrivaled" data to noise ratio.
It combats low-clock speed in the processor and saves major time!

Just sayin', have a great day, Tay.

We Indians just look for GOOD news on Rafale and post it when we find it

We Indians just look for GOOD news on Rafale and post it when we find it

Yeah! Honestly, it's noticeable ... but still not tops? :what:

Think about it, no hurry and read you soon, Tay.

P.S. Beware that _look for Good news_ turns into _look for any Good news_ &
then turns to _look for any news_ is what I meant above. Enthusiasm, you know?

France Imposes New Conditions on Rafale Deal With India

Rafale3.jpg

NEW DELHI — France has quietly insisted that an $8.9 billion government-to-government (G2G) deal with India be signed before a 50 percent offset deal for Rafale fighters is finalized, according to a French Embassy source in India.

“We have concluded multiple discussions with state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other agencies to execute 30 percent offsets in India’s ongoing and futuristic military aerospace programs, but no [offset] deal will be finalized until the final Rafale contract is signed,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

As part of the Rafale deal, France has made a 30 percent offset commitment for military aerospace research and development programs and a 20 percent offset commitment for making components for Rafale fighters with domestic firms in India.

French defense companies Safran, Thales, MBDA and Dassault have also committed to proving stealth, radar, thrust vectoring for missiles technologies and materials for electronics to DRDO and domestic defense companies.

“We simply cannot make [Rafale] negotiations public”, said an Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) procurement official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity.

As part of G2G discussions, France has also agreed to kick-start the unsuccessful Kaveri gas turbine jet engine for the homemade light combat aircraft Tejas.

At present, the Kaveri engine lacks sufficient power thrust, efficiency and dependability.

An upgraded Kaveri engine with 90 kN thrust can be developed in two years’ time with French cooperation, according to the French Embassy source.

Currently the Tejas is powered by a General Electric F404 engine.

“We have detailed discussions with the French teams to revive [the] Kaveri engine project and it is now for MoD to take a final call,” according to a senior DRDO scientist, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, the MoD is yet to respond to the Indian Ministry of Law and Justice’s findings on the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) on the Rafale deal, the MoD defense procurement official said.

Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar had informed the parliament May 3 that the federal ministry had reviewed the IGA and that the findings would be taken into account when finalizing the deal.

And prior to that, Dassault chairman Eric Trappier said in an April 13 radio report that he expected a contract could be signed “in the next few days,” adding: “I have high hopes this contract could be signed fairly quickly.”

The MoD procurement official said that no negotiations on the Rafale deal between France and India have taken place in more than six weeks, and the next meeting is yet to be scheduled.

In addition to 36 Rafale fighters, India is also buying Mica air-to-air missiles, Scalp air-to-ground missiles, Meteor beyond-visual-range missiles and precision-guided munitions at a cost of $1 billion for immediate requirements, and India is expected to order five years’ maintenance and engineering support at a cost of $500 million.

Back
Top Bottom