What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Is India any closer to the deal than the last time I visited this thread couple of months ago?

Qatar has got them. Egypt has got them. All started long after India. Now dont tell me India has democracy and others have not!

Cn-HLAMXYAA7tYa.jpg

Dont think I m Pakistani and I m trying to joke about it or make fun of you but this is becoming a joke.

I actually don't get this argument. Bureaucracy was worse in the past and IAF still had the 4th largest air force.

IAF procurement process may look like a joke because they are also for very large numbers. We are not buying one or two squadrons, we are buying hundreds of jets with their entire support ecosystem. Every million saved on an aircraft could mean savings of $200-300M for the fleet. Parrikar has managed to save the exchequer $25M for each jet with more advanced technology compared to MMRCA on the unit price alone. That's savings worth $5B for the fleet. That saved $5B will be spent on other helicopters and aircraft. Overall savings will be 30% LCC compared to MMRCA, that's savings of $20B in LCC for the fleet. And he's done all of this in just 1 year. You think this is not worth the effort?

Doesn't make sense. The Egyptian orders were from last year, when France took only 8 aircraft. The deliveries for this year are yet to happen.
3 more planes were delivered to Egypt early this year. Total so far : 6 delivered for Egypt.

And the 12 on option for Egypt are on bargaining. DA hope it will be inked this year.

Is India any closer to the deal than the last time I visited this thread couple of months ago?

Qatar has got them. Egypt has got them. All started long after India. Now dont tell me India has democracy and others have not!
Democracy does not have anything to do with it. The Indian deal is FAR larger and FAR more complex than any other Rafale sale to any other customer. Qatar and Egypt are ordering limited numbers of Rafales off the shelf, this is an easy process. India is in talks to buy >126 Rafales with a Rafale production line being set up in India, no other customer has faced even 10% of the kind of complexity India and France are working out.

Agreed on the production line thing, Abingdon my friend but not on :
Qatar and Egypt are ordering limited numbers of Rafales off the shelf, this is an easy process.

Qatar got modifications as the HMCS but also went for a formation sqdn in France
with dual piloting & maintenance schooling that may stay opened past reception of
those fighters.
The difference is mostly that they were decided on the buy and free of politics interfering.

Sorry to say, Tay.

Agreed on the production line thing, Abingdon my friend but not on :

Qatar got modifications as the HMCS but also went for a formation sqdn in France
with dual piloting & maintenance schooling that may stay opened past reception of
those fighters.
The difference is mostly that they were decided on the buy and free of politics interfering.

Sorry to say, Tay.
I think it is more often the case that smaller nations are more responsive and agile in their decsion making, larger nations tend to have troublesome and bloated bureaucracies with more complex poltical and strategic considerations.

I think it is more often the case that smaller nations are more responsive and agile in their decsion making, larger nations tend to have troublesome and bloated bureaucracies with more complex poltical and strategic considerations.

Any news regarding Rafale deal bro ?

Parrikar has struck again:
Indian defence ministry scraps MRTT tender for second time

Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
26 July 2016

Airbus Defence and Space (DS) has said India's Ministry of Defence (MoD) terminated in late June the six-year-old USD2 billion tender for six multi-role tanker transport (MRTT) aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF), for which the company's A330 MRTT had been shortlisted.

"We have been notified by the MoD of the withdrawal of the request for proposals (RfP), but we do not see this as the end of the road for the A330 MRTT campaign in India," an Airbus official told IHS Jane's on 26 July, adding that the aerospace company "will engage with the Indian government in finding a way to bring the A330 MRTT's capabilities to the IAF".

http://www.janes.com/article/62543/...scraps-mrtt-tender-for-second-time?from_rss=1

Parrikar has struck again:
Indian defence ministry scraps MRTT tender for second time

Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
26 July 2016

Airbus Defence and Space (DS) has said India's Ministry of Defence (MoD) terminated in late June the six-year-old USD2 billion tender for six multi-role tanker transport (MRTT) aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF), for which the company's A330 MRTT had been shortlisted.

"We have been notified by the MoD of the withdrawal of the request for proposals (RfP), but we do not see this as the end of the road for the A330 MRTT campaign in India," an Airbus official told IHS Jane's on 26 July, adding that the aerospace company "will engage with the Indian government in finding a way to bring the A330 MRTT's capabilities to the IAF".

http://www.janes.com/article/62543/...scraps-mrtt-tender-for-second-time?from_rss=1

I was wondering why this had not happened yet. They can replace it with a new GTG deal for tankers and AWACS-India platforms now.

bigger & better deal..

lot and lots of negotiations though ;)

Back
Top Bottom