What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

There is nothing new in what Hindu newspaper is quoting or what DM MP is telling..

The price of Rafale inclusive of weapons was RS 800 crs way back before the January papers were exchanged. India was looking at 20% minimum discount over it to bring it down to figure of around 640Crs.

On top this plan was further developed under MII where the figure reached was between RS 500 Crs to Rs 560 crs with average around Rs 540 crs. This included a lot more localisation as well as benefits of customised NG weapons.

In short this is now slowly being leaked what's the kind of range the price negotiations taking place.

Of course French side never said 750crs rather they quoted 720 crs back in jan 25th late evening negotiations.That was the basis of 36 jets at 25920 crs or round figure 26000 crs. That's $3.86 Bn or Euro 3.45 Bn.

The price reduction point finally settled at $85 Mn per jet all inclusive after the clarity on MII and a tacit approval of first tranche 90, second tranch 50 and a total of 5 tranches. The 18 follow on were reassigned to Navy who will order a separate tranche under MII and more from Merignac

It's the same structure with better control and plugging of loopholes as MKI production. With moving from CKD to all production from raw material with no important import dependence.

This was the basis on which beyond Rafale key technologies inclusive of barracuda stealth /noise reduction tech, reactor stabilisation, aircraft carrier related help, the new 600 km hypersonic ALCM weighing max 750kgs, civilian nuclear tech, tie up into AMCA, LCA Mk1A evolution plus naval variant help, seeker tech transfer and most importantly a separate laser based cooperation for both civil and defense fields (exciting prospect of a new shield against all types of incoming hostile projectiles at various speed and altitude) - these are the few prime ones mentioned beyond which the list is pretty long. And most of these sharing is negotiated by Doval directly.

Inspire of all the nonsense in media as well as India not signing the deal, the Indian rafales are already much beyond planning stage in Merignac and so is the new engine which is now 10 months plus into making. That's the reason also Indian Rafales would be delivered much earlier with new engines more like 2017 end or max beginning 2018.

Expect to see leaked reports of issues of MKI and LCA by same government in coming days and how price is further reduced and bargained. All to make MP a champion of negotiations..

In truth all that is long been done and file with this info is with CCS from mid April where it was decided that May end French team would come for signing. Of course a separate briefing by NSA to PM has also happened on this. This whole posturing is for domestic audience only.

A new Air to surface precision weapon of 100 km range will start testing in coming months.. To be scheduled for integration is Su30 MKI , Jags and Rafales..

It's part of NG weapon integration plan of Rafale roadmap..

I had heard rumours that SPICE 250 tech. was transferred to India. Can you confirm that ?

Last edited:
I had heard rumours that SPICE 250 tech. was transferred to India. Can you confirm that ?
The present order is clubbed with litening pods.. Rafael did provide a roadmap for local Indian production with TOT for multiple missiles chiefly the spike family, Derby family, Python family and using them the spyder system and many standoff bomb kits. Spice 250 is part of the roadmap but that's relatively much newer.
Not sure if it's availed bcz the position of spike 250 comes later in this pipeline...

A new Air to surface precision weapon of 100 km range will start testing in coming months.. To be scheduled for integration is Su30 MKI , Jags and Rafales..

It's part of NG weapon integration plan of Rafale roadmap..
A true missile or a glide bomb or between the two : a AASM "Hammer" like ?

Maybe a 125kg AASM ???

In truth all that is long been done and file with this info is with CCS from mid April where it was decided that May end French team would come for signing. Of course a separate briefing by NSA to PM has also happened on this. This whole posturing is for domestic audience only.

dassault-produit-2-rafale-par-mois-et-espere-dautres-contrats_0.jpg

and? He smiles for a special reason???
cause he know that deal is already final for 36 and possibally 18 fully french built rafales while deal for 90+ more rafales for make in india programme is also in final stages of nagociations and compiling make no mistake 126+ rafale are already a done deal and niether boeing or LM or SAAB can do anything against it

cause he know that deal is already final for 36 and possibally 18 fully french built rafales while deal for 90+ more rafales for make in india programme is also in final stages of nagociations and compiling make no mistake 126+ rafale are already a done deal and niether boeing or LM or SAAB can do anything against it
We heard too much news about GO and NO GO on this saga.... I just hope it's time now.

This was the basis on which beyond Rafale key technologies inclusive of barracuda stealth /noise reduction tech, reactor stabilisation, aircraft carrier related help, the new 600 km hypersonic ALCM weighing max 750kgs, civilian nuclear tech, tie up into AMCA, LCA Mk1A evolution plus naval variant help, seeker tech transfer and most importantly a separate laser based cooperation for both civil and defense fields (exciting prospect of a new shield against all types of incoming hostile projectiles at various speed and altitude) - these are the few prime ones mentioned beyond which the list is pretty long. And most of these sharing is negotiated by Doval directly.
I find this part very hard to digest , is there any credible source indicating the possibility ?

Dassault Aviation is now producing 2 Rafale aircraft per month, doubling production, but could increase up to three in case of new export contracts.

The manufacturer, which doubled its monthly production in 2015 after having earned his first two contracts for 24 aircraft each with Egypt and Qatar , hopes to sign a contract for 36 units with India and discuss with other prospects, including Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates. “I have stabilized for now the production line of two (planes) before moving on to three if the contracts are coming” , said the CEO of Dassault Aviation, Eric Trappier, during the press day of the fair the EBACE business aviation, which opens in Geneva on Tuesday. I can not commit myself on the fact of whether it will happen this year, I set myself a position of being able to sign a third or fourth contract ” , he added.

dassault-producing-2-a-rafale-aircraft-month-300x200.jpg

The hope of new contracts

The manufacturer, which hopes to finally sign a contract of 36 Rafale with India, no longer ventures to predictions on any timing. “The ball is not in my court, ball is in the hands of the Indian authorities ” , simply said Eric Trappier. If Dassault Aviation can not sign new export contracts, the manufacturer slowly decrease its production to return to a monthly rate of one per month, he said

upload_2016-5-24_19-30-40.png

upload_2016-5-24_19-45-56.png

upload_2016-5-24_19-43-17.png

upload_2016-5-24_19-44-15.png

Dassault Aviation is now producing 2 Rafale aircraft per month, doubling production, but could increase up to three in case of new export contracts.
The manufacturer, which doubled its monthly production in 2015 after having earned his first two contracts for 24 aircraft each with Egypt and Qatar , hopes to sign a contract for 36 units with India and discuss with other prospects, including Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates. “I have stabilized for now the production line of two (planes) before moving on to three if the contracts are coming” , said the CEO of Dassault Aviation, Eric Trappier, during the press day of the fair the EBACE business aviation, which opens in Geneva on Tuesday. I can not commit myself on the fact of whether it will happen this year, I set myself a position of being able to sign a third or fourth contract ” , he added.

The manufacturer, which hopes to finally sign a contract of 36 Rafale with India, no longer ventures to predictions on any timing. “The ball is not in my court, ball is in the hands of the Indian authorities ” , simply said Eric Trappier. If Dassault Aviation can not sign new export contracts, the manufacturer slowly decrease its production to return to a monthly rate of one per month, he said

View attachment 306764

View attachment 306767
View attachment 306765
View attachment 306766
No, i am talking about the additional perks part (SSN tech etc) .

No, i am talking about the additional perks part (SSN tech etc) .
No one will officially say on record that France is giving us XYZ tech as part of the deal. It will be leaked of course in newspapers at an appropriate time...

If you want one small hint then look for some public info which will be coming out soon about scorpene 5th and 6th sub unable to sport DRDO aip due to that being not ready inspite of what DRDO claims. Infact that became a necessity where under an urgency DCNS was asked to support AIP tech under a 100% exception basis in FDI to transfer tech know how to indian industry.

It's in the same manner you will see critical companies doing work in barracuda doing some work in normal pretence also opening shops in India in a much bigger way. Like DCNS being offered a role in Indian ACC work too and there by getting entrance to black projects.. It's just that kind of examples where you will understand what we have negotiated..

Officially we will never on record say France helped us with so many things..

No one will officially say on record that France is giving us XYZ tech as part of the deal. It will be leaked of course in newspapers at an appropriate time...

If you want one small hint then look for some public info which will be coming out soon about scorpene 5th and 6th sub unable to sport DRDO aip due to that being not ready inspite of what DRDO claims. Infact that became a necessity where under an urgency DCNS was asked to support AIP tech under a 100% exception basis in FDI to transfer tech know how to indian industry.

It's in the same manner you will see critical companies doing work in barracuda doing some work in normal pretence also opening shops in India in a much bigger way. Like DCNS being offered a role in Indian ACC work too and there by getting entrance to black projects.. It's just that kind of examples where you will understand what we have negotiated..

Officially we will never on record say France helped us with so many things..
France help Israel for missile technology and uranium enrichment the same manner.

View attachment 306764

View attachment 306767
View attachment 306765
View attachment 306766

In an interview yesterday.

Link to his interview. youtu.be/uXjFYIJ3ZXw

Back
Top Bottom