What's new

Dadri lynching: IAF mulls moving personnel's family - Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha

What matters is not the total population of the state or percentage of population in the state rather it the percentage of population in the constituency.

Communal violence happens in constituencies where there is sizeable population of minorities as this is a perfect situation for political parties to garner votes on religious lines. In constituencies where this is missing they retort to division of the votes on basis of caste. Unfortunately, In UP & Bihar, both Communal and Caste politics are prevalent, hence making them perform worse than other states.

Census of India: Religion

The Muslims professing Islam are in majority in Lakshadweep and Jammu & Kashmir. The percentage of Muslims is sizeable in Assam (30.9%), West Bengal (25.2%), Kerala (24.7%), Uttar Pradesh (18.5%) and Bihar (16.5%).

What matters is respect for the rule of law, and absence of the criminal mindset that sees everything in communal terms, the way your post depicts it. There is really no need for the hypocrisy of the kind of analysis you have offered. Instead, some respect for the rule of law might be useful. I doubt you can achieve it, but it is nice to think that some introspection, some contrition, some regret and some mending of the ways is possible. Merely possible, but we live on hope.

IAF team visits Akhlaq’s village - The Hindu

Updated: October 6, 2015 02:45 IST
A team of Indian Air Force officials visited Bishara on Monday and met the family of Mohammad Akhlaq Saifi who was publicly lynched last week by a violent mob provoked by rumours that he stored and ate beef in his home. The team also met the district magistrate N.P. Singh.

“Air Force has been in touch with us. Akhlaq’s family has not told us they wished to leave the village. But if they do, we will make all the arrangements and help them to shift out,” said Mr. Singh.

Mohammad Akhlaq’s son Mohammad Sartaj Saifi, who works at the IAF base in Chennai, is apprehensive about leaving the family alone in a charged atmosphere. On several occasions in the last few days, the family had told the media that it did not have any option after what happened but to move out. The DM informed the Air Force officials that security had been provided to Akhlaque’s family and it would be further strengthened if required.

A senior official said there was a strong likelihood that the family would shift to Chennai with Sartaj.

What matters is respect for the rule of law, and absence of the criminal mindset that sees everything in communal terms, the way your post depicts it. There is really no need for the hypocrisy of the kind of analysis you have offered. Instead, some respect for the rule of law might be useful. I doubt you can achieve it, but it is nice to think that some introspection, some contrition, some regret and some mending of the ways is possible. Merely possible, but we live on hope.

Great Sir,

Now tell me how you are going to implement your utopian vision.

Tera peechha na chhoduga sonyie :lol:

Great Sir,

Now tell me how you are going to implement your utopian vision.

Tera peechha na chhoduga sonyie :lol:

Precisely the kind of metaphor that would occur to members of society with a patriarchal mind-set.

You don't know what you are giving away about yourself when you use these metaphors, do you? What next? An item number?

So much for the fiercely independent Hindu who believes as the Hindutvavadi does out of independently derived positions. You might like to ponder over the ancient wisdom that says that if something walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. At the end of the day, however much you shout about your independence of thought, your views would not disgrace a lackey of the Sangh Parivar.

I am sorry to say that you have failed to divert the topic at hand and your "Goebbels" strategy did not work, sir.

Now tell me how you are going to implement your utopian vision?

PS : "patriarchal mind-set" Hmmm :crazy: What would that be? All I know is, in Hinduism we have both men and women as gods. Wait how can I forget your favorite.. Yes we have a child as god too. Wait we are not done yet. We have Fish, Tortoise, Boar, Man-lion, Dwarf as gods too. :enjoy:

I am sorry to say that you have failed to divert the topic at hand and your "Goebbels" strategy did not work, sir.

Now tell me how you are going to implement your utopian vision?

PS : "patriarchal mind-set" Hmmm :crazy: What would that be? All I know is, in Hinduism we have both men and women as gods. Wait how can I forget your favorite.. Yes we have a child as god too. Wait we are not done yet. We have Fish, Tortoise, Boar, Man-lion, Dwarf as gods too. :enjoy:

Yes, of course, the cuttlefish strategy; enough ink will obscure the plainest truth.

Just check what your Hindutvavadis do on the ground, not while hypocritically worshipping the female principle or imagined child-gods. Think Pink Chaddis, for instance, or the actions of perverts and primitives bashing up couples in parks.

No need to go very far.

@Joe Shearer

Sometimes I really wonder if you are really an Indian

You just cant tolerate the TEEMING Millions of Indians and their ways of life
their eccentricities and all

But alas whether it is you or the more renowned version of yourself
The great Justice Markandey Katju ; BOTH of you have ONLY ONE VOTE

Such are The joys of Democracy

India is what it is ; it will only evolve slowly

In such diverse societies ; some conflict is inevitable

@Joe Shearer

Sometimes I really wonder if you are really an Indian

You just cant tolerate the TEEMING Millions of Indians and their ways of life
their eccentricities and all

But alas whether it is you or the more renowned version of yourself
The great Justice Markandey Katju ; BOTH of you have ONLY ONE VOTE

Such are The joys of Democracy

India is what it is ; it will only evolve slowly

In such diverse societies ; some conflict is inevitable

So do you.

Fortunately, the joys of democracy are shared widely, and not restricted to the elite alone.

Long after your wave collapses in foam and spray, the fundamental basis of Indian democracy, which you understand so poorly, will continue.

I can tolerate the teeming millions of India. What I cannot tolerate is the elitist ruffians who are trying to usher in the rule of the privileged few that their version of Hinduism demands. These ruffians are the antithesis of democracy. They cannot co-exist with democracy, and they will vanish on people realising what gullible fools they were to pick their tormentors, who had been shaken off first by the Muslims refusing to pay attention to the charlatan behaviour of the elite, then by the British pretending that all men were equal, but some white men were more equal than others.

There is little doubt that this advocacy of democracy will wound you grievously. Such a pity that it will wound you.

So do you.

Fortunately, the joys of democracy are shared widely, and not restricted to the elite alone.

Long after your wave collapses in foam and spray, the fundamental basis of Indian democracy, which you understand so poorly, will continue.

I can tolerate the teeming millions of India. What I cannot tolerate is the elitist ruffians who are trying to usher in the rule of the privileged few that their version of Hinduism demands. These ruffians are the antithesis of democracy. They cannot co-exist with democracy, and they will vanish on people realising what gullible fools they were to pick their tormentors, who had been shaken off first by the Muslims refusing to pay attention to the charlatan behaviour of the elite, then by the British pretending that all men were equal, but some white men were more equal than others.

There is little doubt that this advocacy of democracy will wound you grievously. Such a pity that it will wound you.

You have a very Bengal centric ; narrow communistic view of India

India is very big and Communism in India is on its way out

We the Right wing are the LIFE Force of this vast country

India has survived because of Hinduism and we The Rightists
are now ONLY making our presence felt strongly and our voice heard loudly
all over the country including Bengal

Why have you ever wondered in a developing country where Economic
issues should be the raison d' etre of all politics ; BUT the identity issues
of caste and religion REFUSE to go away

And while the casteist thugs are the closest friends of the communists
it is only we saffronists who make you see RED every where

You have a very Bengal centric ; narrow communistic view of India

India is very big and Communism in India is on its way out

Since you are new to the forum, you don't know that I am against the Communists.

We the Right wing are the LIFE Force of this vast country

India has survived because of Hinduism and we The Rightists
are now ONLY making our presence felt strongly and our voice heard loudly
all over the country including Bengal

Why have you ever wondered in a developing country where Economic
issues should be the raison d' etre of all politics ; BUT the identity issues
of caste and religion REFUSE to go away

What did that passage above mean, in real terms? Can you yourself make any sense of it?

And while the casteist thugs are the closest friends of the communists
it is only we saffronists who make you see RED every where

By casteist thugs, you mean the VHP and other wings of the Sangh Parivar, I presume? There are no other casteist thugs visible, except for Mulayam Singh's unspeakable animals.[/quote]

Yes, of course, the cuttlefish strategy; enough ink will obscure the plainest truth.

Just check what your Hindutvavadis do on the ground, not while hypocritically worshipping the female principle or imagined child-gods. Think Pink Chaddis, for instance, or the actions of perverts and primitives bashing up couples in parks.

No need to go very far.

Refer to the following thread that @ranjeet has posted. It exactly describes the politics that I was alluding to. Again, I was stating the facts while you just couldn't or wouldn't see.

Media Wants Riots: Why Indians are Protesting Bias and Sensationalism in Media

In India, in the last few years, we have been spared the horror of an act of mass violence, or of any of the numerous violent riots that we fearfully huddled from when were children in the 1970s and 1980s. Just two personal examples; in 1984, one afternoon, the smoke suddenly came rising over the horizons of the old city of Hyderabad near the Charminar . Many were killed, and a beloved institution, the A.A. Hussain Bookstore burned down. Why? The simple answer was Hindu-Muslim riots. The sharper answer, the politics of course, was that the riots were intended to keep the crowds at home while the deposition of democratically-elected Chief Minister N. T. Rama Rao by a Congress party backed defector could be consolidated.

In the early 1990s, it happened again, this time a vicious and bloody riot, many days of curfew, just because of an internal power struggle in the state Congress party. This is not to say the Hindu Muslim factor was non-existent in India. There was the Rath Yatra and the Babri Masjid riots and curfews too. I wrote my exams spread out over two months because of the curfews. I remember the feeling. Being trapped at home, going out hastily for a short while, worrying about which person in the crowd mobbing the vegetable shop might come out lashing with knives. Teenagers today have no idea how many curfews we lived through, and the fear, which for many in India, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus, have tragically proved real time and time again.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/media-wants-riots-why-indians-are-protesting-bias-and-sensationalism-in-media.401936/#ixzz3nvw2sRPu

Refer to the following thread that @ranjeet has posted. It exactly describes the politics that I was alluding to. Again, I was stating the facts while you just couldn't or wouldn't see.

Media Wants Riots: Why Indians are Protesting Bias and Sensationalism in Media

In India, in the last few years, we have been spared the horror of an act of mass violence, or of any of the numerous violent riots that we fearfully huddled from when were children in the 1970s and 1980s. Just two personal examples; in 1984, one afternoon, the smoke suddenly came rising over the horizons of the old city of Hyderabad near the Charminar . Many were killed, and a beloved institution, the A.A. Hussain Bookstore burned down. Why? The simple answer was Hindu-Muslim riots. The sharper answer, the politics of course, was that the riots were intended to keep the crowds at home while the deposition of democratically-elected Chief Minister N. T. Rama Rao by a Congress party backed defector could be consolidated.

In the early 1990s, it happened again, this time a vicious and bloody riot, many days of curfew, just because of an internal power struggle in the state Congress party. This is not to say the Hindu Muslim factor was non-existent in India. There was the Rath Yatra and the Babri Masjid riots and curfews too. I wrote my exams spread out over two months because of the curfews. I remember the feeling. Being trapped at home, going out hastily for a short while, worrying about which person in the crowd mobbing the vegetable shop might come out lashing with knives. Teenagers today have no idea how many curfews we lived through, and the fear, which for many in India, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus, have tragically proved real time and time again.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/media-wants-riots-why-indians-are-protesting-bias-and-sensationalism-in-media.401936/#ixzz3nvw2sRPu

Again, your posts reveal the moral wasteland that is the mind of a saffronist. So much for your independent Hindu stand. What quacks like a duck and walks like a duck......

The history of communal riots in independent India has been studied to death. Except for the most palpably biased communalists, it has been universally concluded by the variously affiliated students of this phenomenon that these have been majority provoked, and that the riots were used increasingly to dominate the minority community of Muslims into cowed submission. Exactly what was done in Gujarat in 2002. How cynical is it to destroy an entire community's faith in the law and order system and then point to the mass withdrawal from social assertion and self-identity as a token of goodd governance?

Your posts make increasingly less sense, as you lose your connections with your faux-neutrality and reveal yourself increasingly as being of a bigoted and hate-filled set of communalists.

How does it matter if it was cow or buffalo?

There was a time when people use to receive death as punishment for stealing horses in the West. Cars have long replaced horses and now you have horses just left to the mercy of the wilderness in US.

In the same way, cows used to be backbone of animal farming and were more reliable than agriculture for food. If you know the story of Drona, he goes to his school friend and King Dhrupad asking for a cow (not money or grains) to feed his son (with cow's milk & dairy) who does not have any food to eat at home. Cows have now almost been replaced by Buffaloes for all milk and diary products.

If people are really concerned about cows they should run a NGO to provide them with good food and shelter rather than leaving them on the roadside to eat plastics.

Life is Life. Does not matter whether it is Human, Cow, Buffalo, Goat or Sheep.

What do you mean horses have been left to the "mercy" of the wilderness? Horses thrive in wilderness and have always been part of wilderness before being domesticated and exploited for human needs. You talk as if animals living in wilderness are living in extremely sorry conditions when the actual fact is that that is their natural habitat.

Likewise, Cows can roam where ever they want in India. If cows could speak they would tell you that being alive even if ingesting occasional plastic is better than being killed and eaten.

I have a good breed Labrador who is fat and well fed. Unfortunately, she too has the habit of eating off stuff from the roads and often I see plastic pass out in her stool. As far as I see she has come to no harm until now. So there is no merit in the argument that cows should be killed because they are eating plastic.

Back
Top Bottom