What's new

Dadri lynching: IAF mulls moving personnel's family - Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha

The history of communal riots in independent India has been studied to death. Except for the most palpably biased communalists, it has been universally concluded by the variously affiliated students of this phenomenon that these have been majority provoked, and that the riots were used increasingly to dominate the minority community of Muslims into cowed submission. Exactly what was done in Gujarat in 2002.

To clarify, are your esteemed colleagues saying that ALL riots in India gave been provoked by Hindus in order to dominate Muslims?

To clarify, are your esteemed colleagues saying that ALL riots in India gave been provoked by Hindus in order to dominate Muslims?

To clarify, I suggest that you read the relevant literature for yourself. That is always best, rather than quoting obscurantist and inflammatory web-sites. There are published reports covering this precise subject. Read them.

If I might clarify further, the sources and references I have in mind are independent researchers. None of them are my colleagues, esteemed or otherwise.

I wasn't aware I quoted a website. I am requesting a clarification on your claim that " variously affiliated students of this phenomenon ....that these have been majority provoked to increasingly dominate the minority community". Please provide clarification as to what Your statement mean. Is it your understanding based on your readings that ALL riots have been provoked by the majority community in order to dominate the minority? I s there a master plan in this? If so who is the driver?

I am not criticizing, agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just want to be clear on what it is you are saying. What your understanding of the situation is.

it has been universally concluded by the variously affiliated students of this phenomenon that these have been majority provoked, a

Meanwhile,

CQw-5NYU8AAJyjk.jpg

No one to report or cry for this man killed by Sickulars

Last edited:
I wasn't aware I quoted a website. I am requesting a clarification on your claim that " variously affiliated students of this phenomenon ....that these have been majority provoked to increasingly dominate the minority community". Please provide clarification as to what Your statement mean. Is it your understanding based on your readings that ALL riots have been provoked by the majority community in order to dominate the minority? I s there a master plan in this? If so who is the driver?

I am not criticizing, agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just want to be clear on what it is you are saying. What your understanding of the situation is.

Back to PDF.

No, it is not my understanding that ALL riots have been provoked by the majority community; that is not what the literature says. However, it does say that there is an increasing climate of violence and of violent suppression of minority views, and that this climate has led to more and bloodier violence.

Is there a master plan to this? Not clear from the evidence. There is a master plan to increase the hostility of the majority Hindus against the minority Muslims, and minority Christians as well. But the connection between that master plan and the Sangh Parivar's egregious behaviour in preliminary stages to a riot, and even more so, in the subsequent stages.

Back to PDF.

No, it is not my understanding that ALL riots have been provoked by the majority community; that is not what the literature says. However, it does say that there is an increasing climate of violence and of violent suppression of minority views, and that this climate has led to more and bloodier violence.

Is there a master plan to this? Not clear from the evidence. There is a master plan to increase the hostility of the majority Hindus against the minority Muslims, and minority Christians as well. But the connection between that master plan and the Sangh Parivar's egregious behaviour in preliminary stages to a riot, and even more so, in the subsequent stages.

The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee said we must remain true to the core values of our civilization. He was speaking after receiving the first copy of a Coffee Table book “The Nationalist President - Pranab Mukherjee” at a function held in Rashtrapati Bhavan today (October 7, 2015). The President received the copy of the book from Shri Mohd. Hamid Ansari, the Vice President of India who formally released it.

The President said he felt humbled on the occasion. He has received much more from the country than he has given. The President said he had seen political developments in the country for a considerable period of time. He said the country has made tremendous progress. There have been many advancements but we will have to do much more.

The President said we should not allow the core values of our civilization to wither away. Over the years, our civilization has celebrated diversity, plurality and promoted and advocated tolerance. These values have kept us together over the centuries. Many ancient civilizations have collapsed but the Indian civilization has survived because of its core civilizational values and adherence to them. The President said that if we keep them in mind, nothing can prevent our nation from forging ahead. Indian democracy is a marvel and we must celebrate, preserve and promote its strengths.

Akhlaq_2576243f.jpg

The family Mohammed Akhlaq clarified on Thursday that they have no plans to shift out of the village for now. File photo

Dadri killing: Akhlaq's family denies reports of leaving village - The Hindu

"This is our home and motherland. We were born here and we will die here. Why will we leave and shift out of Bishara".
The family of Mohammed Akhlaq in Uttar Pradesh’s Bishara village, who was lynched by a mob that accused him of storing and eating beef, has not shifted out of the village.

The family which gained the spotlight of international media clarified on Thursday that they have no plans to shift out of the village for now.

Reacting to media reports about the family being moved out Bishahra, Akhlaq 's son Sartaj said, "We have not shifted anywhere. But sadly, I have seen several news papers carrying reports to this effect."

"We have not yet decided to go anywhere out of the village. This is our home and motherland. We were born here and we will die here. Why will we leave and shift out of Bishara," he added.

District Magistrate of Dadri Nagendra Prasad Singh told The Hindu that Akhlaq's family was staying in the village only. "The media reports that Akhlaque's family has been moved out of the village are completely wrong and baseless. They have not requested to be shifted out," said Mr. Singh.

Addressing a rally at Samastipur in Bihar, PM Modi said Hindus and Muslims should work together to fight poverty.

He further asked people to ignore controversial statements made by politicians and said they are doing so for political gains.

Back to PDF.

OK thanks for the clarification, your initial statement sounded very much like a claim that ALL riots are started by the majority IN ORDER to dominate the minority.
In a country that to this day the vast majority of its populace needs to do back breaking labor in order to put two square meals on the table and the majority of families are just one sickness away from being thrown into the streets I am not surprised that society is violent and that people look to tribal affiliations for protection. On the face of it, I would think that violence of all kinds including domestic violence is going down not up, but REPORTING of violence is definitely going up. There is more awareness that violence against Women and traditionally down trodden groups is in fact wrong.
Your clarification that SOME riots are started by the majority community and that there may or may not be a master plan seems very likely reasonable.

OK thanks for the clarification, your initial statement sounded very much like a claim that ALL riots are started by the majority IN ORDER to dominate the minority.
In a country that to this day the vast majority of its populace needs to do back breaking labor in order to put two square meals on the table and the majority of families are just one sickness away from being thrown into the streets I am not surprised that society is violent and that people look to tribal affiliations for protection. On the face of it, I would think that violence of all kinds including domestic violence is going down not up, but REPORTING of violence is definitely going up. There is more awareness that violence against Women and traditionally down trodden groups is in fact wrong.
Your clarification that SOME riots are started by the majority community and that there may or may not be a master plan seems very likely reasonable.

I simply do not agree with this agreeable analysis.

There is an increasing and determined effort to build divisions within society which naturally provokes a communal riot sooner rather than later. This effort is NOT an effort to make things happen; it is an effort to make things seem natural, and actions which would be hateful at other times, to be made to look and sound normal and even innocous.

I simply do not agree with this agreeable analysis.

There is an increasing and determined effort to build divisions within society which naturally provokes a communal riot sooner rather than later. This effort is NOT an effort to make things happen; it is an effort to make things seem natural, and actions which would be hateful at other times, to be made to look and sound normal and even innocous.
Hmmm...an amorphous all knowing, all seeing, evil entity that does wicked things while making it all look so natural? The devil maybe? Or maybe just a disagreeable conspiracy theory....

That is not to say that the political arm of the lunatic religious right is not pushing the envelope now that they see "their" government in power....this is however a far cry from some kind of guided pervasive evil. India is not IS yet. India's main problem still remains that we have a population so backwards that it needs to be coaxed and bribed to stop sh1tting in their own front yard. Let us remain focused on that evil.

You know,evil characterless people who buy old cows from poor farmers to use them for....gasp!!meat and leather industries!!!
Ahh,what's your problem bro!!It seems that you were assaulted at some pointed of time like that poor chap Nido Tania by some of us and hence all your rantings are directed towards the Indian state:lol:,anyways if you were assaulted physically or sexually by any of us then i would recommend you to report that incident to the Police instead of making anti-national posts that too at a foreign defense site:coffee:.Just remember one thing,you can express your views freely just because you're a resident of Arunachal Pradesh,things would have been completely different for you by now if you were a resident of T.A.R.:azn:!!

Hmmm...an amorphous all knowing, all seeing, evil entity that does wicked things while making it all look so natural? The devil maybe? Or maybe just a disagreeable conspiracy theory....

That is not to say that the political arm of the lunatic religious right is not pushing the envelope now that they see "their" government in power....this is however a far cry from some kind of guided pervasive evil. India is not IS yet. India's main problem still remains that we have a population so backwards that it needs to be coaxed and bribed to stop sh1tting in their own front yard. Let us remain focused on that evil.

I did not mention a guided pervasive evil working for communal riots.

I did mention a guided pervasive evil that denigrates two communities, one more and the other less.

It is reasonable to say that the general Indian population, the proverbial man in the street, has very little power of discrimination, and will generally be found following whatever is put across most smoothly.

today Hindu and sikhs repaired a mosque by their own money close to that area, where is that news?
Now Bas*ards will not broadcast this..

I did not mention a guided pervasive evil working for communal riots.

I did mention a guided pervasive evil that denigrates two communities, one more and the other less.

It is reasonable to say that the general Indian population, the proverbial man in the street, has very little power of discrimination, and will generally be found following whatever is put across most smoothly.
OK, agreed. The statement that " there is a pervasive effort to denigrate minorities" is a very different one to the original highly inflammatory and patently false " studies show that all communal riots are provoked by the majority community to dominate the minority community".
I would agree that there is an element of casual discrimination in India and perhaps even some concerted effort to denigrate the good name of minorities. However, might I also add, like much else in our country, we don't do the denigration part all that well either. We neither have the finesse or sophistication of the Danish or French anti-Muslim bigot nor the aggressive ruthlessness our neighbors in Africa and the near east display to their own minorities.
Thanks and regards.

Back
Top Bottom