What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

We don't care if the US is trying to claim to be more advanced in the steam catapult domain.
That is not what I have been asking...:lol:

So let me ask -- again -- for the benefits of the silent readers out there...

Do YOU have any hard data to support even the idea that a Chinese aircraft carrier equipped with EMALS is going to be more operationally potent than the American aircraft carrier with the tried and trued steam catapult ?

Keep in mind that we have been operating aircraft carriers in terms of quantity and time than your China have. For this ship, we are the battle hardened and scarred since WW II while China is still in diapers with the Liaoning.

That is not what I have been asking...:lol:

So let me ask -- again -- for the benefits of the silent readers out there...

Do YOU have any hard data to support even the idea that a Chinese aircraft carrier equipped with EMALS is going to be more operationally potent than the American aircraft carrier with the tried and trued steam catapult ?

Keep in mind that we have been operating aircraft carriers in terms of quantity and time than your China have. For this ship, we are the battle hardened and scarred since WW II while China is still in diapers with the Liaoning.

Who cares about the steam catapult? It is going to be replaced by the EMALS in the near future.

As long as China is leading in the EMALS, the future belongs to China.

Who cares about the steam catapult? It is going to be replaced by the EMALS in the near future.
Let me ask again...

Why is that question so hard to understand ? You live in the West. You are proficient in English.

Let me ask again...

Why is that question so hard to understand ? You live in the West. You are proficient in English.

Theoretically, the EMALS has much greater efficiency to launch the aircrafts than the steam catapult. When the future Chinese aircraft carriers become more mature, it will have greater efficiency than the US Nimitz class without any doubt.

You can keep in denial, but it is not going to change the fact that China is de facto the first country who truly masters the EMALS technology.

Theoretically, the EMALS has much greater efficiency to launch the aircrafts than the steam catapult. When the future Chinese aircraft carriers become more mature, it will have greater efficiency than the US Nimitz class without any doubt.

You can keep in denial, but it is not going to change the fact that China is de facto the first country who truly masters the EMALS technology.
Theoretically...

Spoken by someone who never had the misfortune of having his theory destroyed by the real world.

Do you really think the troubles we have with our ships is something unprecedented ? What contribution to naval military power have your China contributed within the last 300 yrs ? Zilch.

Why did the battleship gone away ? Did your China have anything to do with that retirement ? None whatsoever.

Why does the current generation of warships have one, maybe two, guns on deck ? Did your China have anything to do with that evolution ? None whatsoever.

Do I need to go on ?

Do you really think the troubles we have with our ships is something unprecedented ? What contribution to naval military power have your China contributed within the last 300 yrs ? Zilch.

China is on the course of coming back.

And you should ask what your motherland Vietnam will be contributing in the future. And I am sure it will be zilch in the next 300 years.

And you should ask what your motherland Vietnam will be contributing in the future. And I am sure it will be zilch in the next 300 years.
At least I contributed to the US, what have you done for China and Canada ? You abandoned China and now you are mooching off Canada.

At least I contributed to the US, what have you done for China and Canada ? You abandoned China and now you are mooching off Canada.

Well, Trump's folks want a pure white America. MAGA is just the token of Make American White Again.

When they finish dealing with illegals and other immigrants, they will start to purge on non-white folks like you.

I can immediately pack my stuff and go back to China if Canada falls to the hand of these folks, while you can't even move back to Vietnam because Vietcong is going to persecute anti-communist people like you. So your life will be still more deplorable than mine.

Well, Trump's folks want a pure white America. MAGA is just the token of Make American White Again.

When they finish dealing with illegals and other immigrants, they will start to purge on non-white folks like you.

I can immediately pack my stuff and go back to China if Canada falls to the hand of these folks, while you can't even move back to Vietnam because Vietcong is going to persecute anti-communist people like you. So your life will be still more deplorable than mine.
You are no different from the other PDF Chinese who resorts to crass racism when he cannot sustain his arguments.

You said that China is the 'master' of the EMALS technology. Prove it. Go beyond the words of a professor. Show US how many Chinese aircraft carriers with EMALS that are operational and combat ready on the open seas. :lol:

You are no different from the other PDF Chinese who resorts to crass racism when he cannot sustain his arguments.

You said that China is the 'master' of the EMALS technology. Prove it. Go beyond the words of a professor. Show US how many Chinese aircraft carriers with EMALS that are operational and combat ready on the open seas. :lol:

@Deino

It was Gambit who first started the off-topics derailing when he was incapable of defending his own arguments.

You gotta do something here, he first started to target the country, then attacked other people personally.

Don't give me infraction just because I refuted back.

@Deino

It was Gambit who first started the off-topics derailing when he was incapable of defending his own arguments.

You gotta do something here, he first started to target the country, then attacked other people personally.

Don't give me infraction just because I refuted back.
Bullshit.

You started it here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/type...-news-discussions.416166/page-22#post-9271384

I understand that the Chinese member in the admin staff favors his fellow Chinese and that I fully expect to be negatively treated. But this is for the readers out there. It is YOU who made race an issue in this.

China has tested more on the land than the US, and the CVN-78 is still dysfunctional so far. Even it does start to launch the aircrafts, it is still using an inferior EMALS, nuff said.

Again, where do you get these "insider" information?

CVN-78 is still in operational lockdown, unless you or whoever make this claim are in the inner circle and have been invited to one of these thing, look at it and inspected it, and at the same time, the same person have to be able to know or understand how Chinese EMALS works.

To claim one is inferior than the other, you must have to have detail knowledge of how both system works. Which is nearly impossible. Now, I don't know if the Chinese treated these type of information like toilet paper and hand it out to everyone? Northrop Grumman (The owner of Newsport News ship yard) don't do that, I cannot access their file even I hold TS/SCI clearence. Their information are pipe down on SCIF. UNless you are telling me, that person claim Chinese EMALS is superior (which still does not have a known working prototype at of this moment) have access to NG facilities and phyiscal inspected the CVN-78 EMAL system, then what you are saying amount to a pile of rubbish.

Last edited:
Again, where do you get these "insider" information?

CVN-78 is still in operational lockdown, unless you or whoever make this claim are in the inner circle and have been invited to one of these thing, look at it and inspected it, and at the same time, the same person have to be able to know or understand how Chinese EMALS works.

To claim one is inferior than the other, you must have to have detail knowledge of how both system works. Which is nearly impossible. Now, I don't know if the Chinese treated these type of information like toilet paper and hand it out to everyone? Northrop Grumman (The owner of Newsport News ship yard) don't do that, I cannot access their file even I hold TS/SCI clearence. Their information are pipe down on SCIF. UNless you are telling me, that person claim Chinese EMALS is superior (which still does not have a known working prototype at of this moment) have access to NG facilities and phyiscal inspected the CVN-78 EMAL system, then what you are saying amount to a pile of rubbish.
if China could hack to steal f22, f35 blue prints as many claim then China must have done that to US' emal blue print too for comparison... lol

The PLA's EMALs test. China's 3rd aircraft carrier will be installed with it

chinas-full-size-prototype-of-electromagnetic-catapult.jpg

images

Guys ... can You both calm down please and leave Your personal accusations on the one side and taking any critics as an insult or attack on the other?

This statement is surely not meant as a proof that China's catapult technology has already proven superior than the US' and even less in operational use, since there is no operational EMALS in CHina, anyway following the reports, it seems as if they are at least confident enough that during their tests it achieved a rate of success better or equal to the US systems that in fact faces difficulties.

The final testimony - and that even the biggest enthusiasts or fans cannot and wont deny - will be the operational use and here the Chinese Navy surely knows that it still lack years of expertise and experience they won't catch up easily.

Quite interesting my publisher had a meeting with the Chinese military attaché in Vienna and they were also speaking about their progress in carrier aviation and he openly admitted that they are practicing, practicing and practicing the hard way to learn and gain and that they surely know that the almost 70-years of experience the USN has cannot be catched up over night. Therefore they are practicing, practicing and practicing even more and they know that it will take time.
However he admitted that the progress achieved in recent years is promising enough to be confident that the technology will be mature and advanced enough to be comparable (or even better) with the latest US technology.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom