What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

... better now !

PLN CV-001A - 1.11.16 - mast 2.jpg

Seems like the main mast isn't the integrated kind found on the Type 055 :(

At least some paint, a pennant number on the bow and then reveal its name !

Regarding the name it's funny now since we are in almost the same situation, when the Liaoning was at that stage: we had countless suggestions of names ...

So far for the Type 001A I only heard of the rumor saying "Shandong". Any other info out already ?

Deino

Regarding the name it's funny now since we are in almost the same situation, when the Liaoning was at that stage: we had countless suggestions of names ...

So far for the Type 001A I only heard of the rumor saying "Shandong". Any other info out already ?

Deino

The difference is that at least you know it would be named after a province.
And Shandong is the most reasonable and appropriate name. Guangdong or Hainan may have slight chance though.

The difference is that at least you know it would be named after a province.
And Shandong is the most reasonable and appropriate name. Guangdong or Hainan may have slight chance though.
Very likely it will be posted to Southern Sea fleet. I guess Guangdong is most likely the name.

Very likely it will be posted to Southern Sea fleet. I guess Guangdong is most likely the name.
I will go for "Hainan" since the second purpose built aircraft carrier base is built in Sanya, Hainan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom