What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

From a mainlander Chinese blogger, Eva Zheng's tweet on 2019.9.2:

China's type 002 aircraft carrier has completed its 7th sea trial.
Satellite images revealed that it has performed perfect Anderson turn maneuver during its 22-days acceptance trial by PLA Navy.
It's expected to be commissioned on October 1st, 70th Anniversary of the Founding of People's Republic of China.

See a brief Douyin (TikTok) footage attached at that tweet.

From her info, it seems that the 7th sea trial was the last trial voyage indeed, the carrier is now finishing its details for the commissioning. Time will divulge for the info accuracy.

To admit, I don't know how reliable she is ... some of her posts are rather strange IMO

By the way, any news concerning the alleged final cruise before hand-over? I think Henri K. posted that there was a security warning for these days, but it seems, the ship is still at Dalian!

To admit, I don't know how reliable she is ... some of her posts are rather strange IMO

By the way, any news concerning the alleged final cruise before hand-over? I think Henri K. posted that there was a security warning for these days, but it seems, the ship is still at Dalian!
It seems there is no such voyage as Henri K. speculated earlier. The cordoned sea area might be for other purpose. Instead we saw the pictures of the shipyard workers' activities onboard the carrier, consistent with Eva's info. She is just not focusing on military topics yet she's a serious kind, I know that part (of being real and serious one). She covers more other topics of BRI.

It seems there is no such voyage as Henri K. speculated earlier. The cordoned sea area might be for other purpose. Instead we saw the pictures of the shipyard workers' activities onboard the carrier, consistent with Eva's info. She is just not focusing on military topics yet she's a serious kind, I know that part (of being real and serious one). She covers more other topics of BRI.

Thanks again for your explanation

img-73484b6e02f312a8648a110fede5215e.jpg

Via @热武器时代的爱情故事 from Weibo

And so the question now is, when will it be handed over and commissioned and will it enter the dock for a final inspection, some maintenance and - besides adding the number - a last coat of paint?

Back
Top Bottom