What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

That Ifeng analyst ought to be given a re-education on military ships hull form recognition!!!

Left and right at the same time. Credit to the Old Bear, the photo owner.
20160513182845.jpg
[/ATTACH]
20160513182853.jpg
20160513183654.jpg

I don't think so ... from the external dimensions we see so far it is an exact Liaoning-equivalent.
According to insiders, its displacement is a few thousand tons bigger with better optimized hanger bay and flight deck.

Just noticed, they did not only add another segment on the front but also simultaneously another one on the flight deck.

No, but maybe in angle deck. For launching AWACS or max loaded J-15.

I don't now if catapult on the ski jump will severe Human body or aircraft structure but the advantage to combine both catapult and ski jump together is undeniable, I believe that is the most effective way to propulse aircraft our of the deck., in case of catapult failure, the aircraft can still use it own engine for normal take off.

The clearest photo todate. The cables are gone, meaning the module blocks are firmly in place. Next will be more blocks to be hoisted to their respected places??? Credit to the Big Cat fzgfzy of CJDBY.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

6 large fabricated module blocks has been spotted laying in the yard, as in this color photo. And a large block for bow setion in the B/W photo.

01.jpg
04.jpg

And in this night scene photo, can you spot something related to 001A?

00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom