What's new

Curfew imposed after Hindu-Muslim clashes in Indian city

Please try explaining - many may at least try to understand the significance.
The equivalent word might be 'uncivilized'. Very few hindus know about the word. It is a Sanskrit word.

However Kafir sounds like a slur to me. The usage of word Kafir(mostly seen on TV. In India nobody has balls to call a Hindu Kafir) is very clear. It is used with contempt(a mixture of disgust and anger), that is whenever the word is used in a non-sarcastic sense, it always implies the kafir is lowly or enemy or both. For example Pakistan does not award its exceptional non Muslims with a 'Best Kafir' prize.
I don't get hurt by it. But some may take offence.

I dont have any sympathy for hindus in UP and Bengal; because they r the ones who brought this upon themselves ... These psedo sickularits will be taught a good lessons by barbaric muslims... Coz they r d ones who are bringing these pro islamsts in power... I have heard that in bodering districs of bengal muslims r kdnapping hindu girls ... Hindus r mgrating from these areas ... Media is not reporting anything and govt is not doing anything... This will spread to main cities of kolkata and lakhnou soon.. Then these same ppl cry for help fom rss and bjp.. When these muslms will make life hell for them ... I say let them suffer.... Thank God we cleansed our area from muslim cancer in 47 only ... Up bengal has already gone to the dogs

I am from UP and the intensity of riots was 100 times more during BJP rule in UP than now.

Intensity was stronger during the congress rule too. You know why ? Because in those days it took time to deploy police with the limited equipment. Nothing to do with BJP.

On topic, even though one part of my brain is concerned for the Hindus there, the other part of the brain says these Hindus deserve that for electing scumbags like Mulayam.

durga puja and id at a gap of 1 day. tension was bound to happen. A little restraint 4m both sides could have prevented the incident. But alas :(

From both sides ?

The stone pelting was started by the "one particular community" mate. Two people dont suddenly start a fight. One acts , the other reacts and the fight starts.

I dont have any sympathy for hindus in UP and Bengal; because they r the ones who brought this upon themselves ...

But unfortunately UP is where some of the most sacred temples are there :(

Hey what did you smoke last night !!.... do you even know that fact what caused this .... The Innocent People who are killed are mostly Muslims....

Yes I know. Some unemployed looser (no points for guessing from which community) pelted stones on the Durga Puja procession and from there the violence started.

Your Mentality suites of RSS.... divide the people on their Religion.... Becoz of some Stupid un educated Religious leader the whole country burnt.... This has happened in India for Ages.

RSS mentality ? Did RSS throw stones on the procession yesterday which started the violence ? Why sweep the current issue under the carpet and throw un-necessary tantrums to deflect the issue ?

First Upper cast Brahmins killed SC/ST
Then the Moguls killed the Hindus
and now Hindus are killing Muslims...

Jiski haath mae Lathi uski Bahes

Upper caste Brahmins discriminated against the SC/ST for a long time. Not killed them.

Then the Mughals killed the Hindus

Now Hindus and Muslims killing each other with the violence almost always started by one community.

I have expanded on your cryptic points.

What are you even going on about man? :lol: I think the majority that died in the riots were Muslims. Secondly, stop with this racist nonsense that muslims are the source of all evil.

They started the riots too. Perhaps the law of Karma caught up with them.

On top of don't slaughter cows ultimatum....
Now that's really making Bakra of a community.!!

Bakra-eid. Feast for sheep sacrifice, a practise started by Abraham. Now where did cow come into this ?

Perhaps to intentionally provoke the religious sentiments of the majority ?

From both sides ?

The stone pelting was started by the "one particular community" mate. Two people dont suddenly start a fight. One acts , the other reacts and the fight starts.

But unfortunately UP is where some of the most sacred temples are there :(

Main thing is not temples, its the ideology ... If these followers of snatan dharma dont have courage to do the dharma ... They will face the wrath of God ... Temples can be rebuild but first they need to get some lessons of courting modern assuras

So muslim cant slaughter cow as its social responsibility but 850 mil can torn down mosque, kill muslims, put cuefew on eid because they dont have any social responsibility.......

yes, just like the 900 odd million cant watch an interesting movie on YT because of Muslims. Stop this eternal victim hood song.

Now plz tell your last line to hindu majority who dont even rent a flat to muslim family......then talk about living together.

To whom people rent out their houses is their own choice. You cant force anything upon them. Just like I cant force you to rent your country to TTP or BLA.

bro not all UP and bihari muslims are bad..... i have frnz who are amazing.... problem with muslims who do such type of activities are - lack of education, madarsa education, unemployment, the term kafir which is excessively used in their households from the moment an innocent child is born

Most of the alleged terror accused being caught now adays are engineers, scientists, computer professionals and not the stereotypical unemployed, un-educated ghetto dweller. The latest, Fasih Mahmood is a computer engineer.

First step in solving a problem is acknowledging it exists - many muslims are increasingly getting radicalized these days due to a variety of reason and the sad thing is most of them are among the well to do, educated middle class. Some sort of born-again phenomenon. This is turn is feeding a equally vehemant Hindu right wing though it has still not taken off in a big way, atleast for now, but is well on its way to take off. Dont know where this radicalization and reactionary counter-radicalization will ultimately lead to. But the picture is not so pleasant to say the least. Atleast in states like UP, West Bengal, Bihar, Assam and Kerala.

Guys lets not talk nonsense- just because there are tensions does not mean the areas in question are being invaded or being "lost"! This is just intolerance and ignorance. As India moves foreward into the future these incidents will happen less and less. The likilhood of angry young men lashing out will always be there but if the poliice do their job properly it doesn't have to escalate to full blown riots like it always seems to. Harder questions need to be asked of the police all over India who through incompetance allow small incidents to spiral into crisis after crisis.

Guys lets not talk nonsense- just because there are tensions does not mean the areas in question are being invaded or being "lost"! This is just intolerance and ignorance. As India moves foreward into the future these incidents will happen less and less.

Actually on the contrary, though the intensity is less these days..not like the old days when 1000, 2000 used to be killed in riots, the frequency is the same if not increasing. Whether it is because of radicalization or some political parties like SP want them to happen for electoral benefits is up for debate, but is it happening ? Yes.

Also honestly, I dont have much hope for West Bengal and UP. :disagree:

Sir,

Could you please explain as to why the word Kafir is offensive to Indian Hindus. This is an honest query and not flame baiting or trolling.

For the same reason calling a Muslim, a kat*a is deemed offensive even though they are indeed circumcised. This was an honest explanation and not to flame bait or insult anyone. Just giving an analogy so that you could relate to it.

Simillarly Kaffir is a word which offend non-Muslims , so it should be banned or not used. The word malechh was used for Muslims, later it was stopped being used...

Mleccha was not used for Muslims alone. Greeks, Huns, pretty much everybody who did not belong to the Indian subcontinent were called Mlecchas.

nothing happens when there is hindu festival, it all goes normal, but during muslim festivals, there is always a clash of hindu muslim

Never knew the 9 day festival of Navratri and Durga Puja are Muslim festivals. One new thing everyday :)

Guys lets not talk nonsense- just because there are tensions does not mean the areas in question are being invaded or being "lost"! This is just intolerance and ignorance. As India moves foreward into the future these incidents will happen less and less. The likilhood of angry young men lashing out will always be there but if the poliice do their job properly it doesn't have to escalate to full blown riots like it always seems to. Harder questions need to be asked of the police all over India who through incompetance allow small incidents to spiral into crisis after crisis.

Another bengali living in psedo sickularist wonderland ... Hey go back to border district of ur state and let me know ur thoughts ... That same thing will be repeated in kolkatta soon ... Ohh wait this fool is in london lol

Back
Top Bottom