What's new

Curfew imposed after Hindu-Muslim clashes in Indian city

One more riot, this time in Maharashtra. RIP to those killed.

4 killed, 5 hurt in Akot riots - Indian Express

Alleged stone-pelting on a Durga procession sparked riots in the communally sensitive Akot town in Akola district on Tuesday and Wednesday, resulting in the death of four persons and widespread destruction of property.

While three deaths occurred on Tuesday night, one took place on Wednesday. Five persons were injured. Over 17 houses,16 shops and ten vehicles were burnt in the arson that reportedly spilled over to Wednesday despite curfew.

I fail to understand one thing. People very well know that pelting stones on a Durga Puja procession will result in riots and being the minority, they are bound to suffer more. But still they do it. Why ? Is this some kind of martyrdom fetish or pure suicidal tendencies. Why cant they just learn to live in peace. :hitwall:

These things have been happening for decades. I don't know why this thread is full of such despair and "everything is lost" sentiments.

Every now and then Duga Puja or Kali Puja procession falls on a friday or clashes with Muslim festivals like Bakrid or Shab-e-Barat.

Congress party has been manufacturing these riots since decades. All they need is to get someone to throw some stones at the procession in a Muslim majority area and you have a riot. As KS said, Muslims being the minority always end up suffering more, and Muslims suffering= votes for Congress party.

Both Hindus and Muslims need to stop being so confrontational. Muslims need to stop acting all territorial, you do not own the roads, make your Mosques bigger if you have issues with other people using the roads during your prayer times. You shouldn't be offering your prayers on the road and blocking the traffic in the first place.

And Hindus need to stop thinking that they own the country, avoid this "Kisi ke baap ka road nahi hai" mentality. If there are alternative roads that can be used, use that!

And some folks here on this forum, stop the hate mongering. Hindus and Muslims will have to live side by side, we will have to make it work. Thats the only option. So do something constructive, instead of this scaremongering, you are no better than these useless rioting scumbags.

^^^
Best solution - Govt should force people not to use road for processions or any religious activity.. Road is for smooth f.king traffic not for prayers, processions or poojas.. People need to make arrangements on big and separate grounds and they should take permissions from Municipality beforehand so that there is no reason for clashes.. Another important thing - No animal sacrifices on open roads/ open areas for what ever reason. Here in US, if you wanna make sacrifices the same are ordered to the butcher houses and they do it somewhere in their slaughter houses and deliver it to who ever ordered it..

Till the time, people are willing to learn good, hygienic and clash free ways of living, there will be such stupid riots. No religion prescribes doing every thing on the roads so this message will not be difficult to implement even by the rigid-est of the lots as well..

These things have been happening for decades. I don't know why this thread is full of such despair and "everything is lost" sentiments.

The despair is because they have not stopped even now and are actually spreading to more parts. Andhra which has been traditionally devoid of this shyte is becoming the new battle ground. Kerala, less said about it the better.

The mentality of "this has been happening for decades" and so yeh chalta hai must change. If the people who are responsible for starting the riots are made an example of in one case - just one case- it might deter tens of such future cases. But the politics in our country makes sure such things dont happen and on contrary actually encourage such riots so that they can present themselves as the saviours and harvest votes.

^^^
Best solution - Govt should force people not to use road for processions or any religious activity.. Road is for smooth f.king traffic not for prayers, processions or poojas.. People need to make arrangements on big and separate grounds and they should take permissions from Municipality beforehand so that there is no reason for clashes.. Another important thing - No animal sacrifices on open roads/ open areas for what ever reason. Here in US, if you wanna make sacrifices the same are ordered to the butcher houses and they do it somewhere in their slaughter houses and deliver it to who ever ordered it..

Till the time, people are willing to learn good, hygienic and clash free ways of living, there will be such stupid riots. No religion prescribes doing every thing on the roads so this message will not be difficult to implement even by the rigid-est of the lots as well..

+ 1.

I cant even imagine why the heck open slaughtering of animals on public roads is even allowed. If some one wants to slaughter an animal let them do in their private residential or worshipping area and celebrate it as a private affair. There is absolutely no need to wash the roads with blood and make a public spectacle of it.

The mentality of "this has been happening for decades" and so yeh chalta hai must change. If the people who are responsible for starting the riots are made an example of in one case - just one case- it might deter tens of such future cases. But the politics in our country makes sure such things dont happen and on contrary actually encourage such riots so that they can present themselves as the saviours and harvest votes.

Don't get me wrong, am not saying we should just learn to live with it, but we shouldn't just give up either. Giving up is not an option or a solution, and I don't see how saying things like "UP has become a Taliban state" helps, specially when the situation has been much much worse in the past.

One fifth of India's population is Muslim now. And this is just the beginning of things to come. Time has come to start contemplating which areas would go to Muslims when India is again partitioned. And Hindus should deter buying Property in these areas.

Don't get me wrong, am not saying we should just learn to live with it, but we shouldn't just give up either. Giving up is not an option or a solution, and I don't see how saying things like "UP has become a Taliban state" helps, specially when the situation has been much much worse in the past.

I get your point, but there are indeed certain areas which are defacto no-go areas in UP, AP, Maharashtra, Kerala and even in the capital, Delhi etc and the number is only increasing. On the surface of it, I am not directly worried about that. That is a law and order problem and it can be tackled as and when a strong leader emerges. But what I am concerned about most is that the state's inaction to tackle that is giving rise to a reactionary, competing Hindu rightwing and they are finding support immediately among the people living in those areas. They are being viewed as a necessary nuisance and not just as a nuisance. This radicalization and counter-radicalization is going to be very dangerous if this is allowed to go unchecked. This is what I am saying. If it looks like scare-mongering then perhaps there is indeed something to be scared of on the ground.

A sad news , I hope the community leaders will play their role to avoid such incidences in the future.

Not directly, But Pakistan take benefit of such situation and get pawns.. They train these fanatic lunatics (Kids from kerla to Kashmir visit pakistan to get terrorist training) and create trouble in India...

Proxy war...

Note: Kids from entire world come and get training in Pakistan. German, American, Brit, Chinese, Burmese, Kazak, Uzbek all get training in Pakistan (there are many news on net which verify my claim).

Similarly , mqm and some of the baloch terrorists get trained in india .. e.g Ajmal pahari, sanaullah baloch , rashid anna, kaka nakuu etc etc.
Please do not mix religous schools with terrorist training centers. If you do so , then it stands true for india as well where hindu extremism is delightly fully increasing :rolleyes:

Violence and riot are part of UP culture - anyone familiar with MQM tactics in Karachi will testify to this fact.

MQM sheltered by uk trained by india. established facts by Joint interrogation team submitted in supreme court.
Kabhi bhai log ki achi movie banani ho to 3 month karachi mai rehna story plot milega , characters live auditions k sath :azn:

UPites will not change untill some mao type hit them with danda.Only state with largest parasitic population.Not even Ram and Krishna were able to change them.What they need is mao with power to hit them.

UP waalo se itni nafrat:undecided:

Hindu extremism is damaging the global image of india and yes isi has nothing to do with hindu extremism:no:

Hindu extremism is damaging the global image of india and yes isi has nothing to do with hindu extremism:no:

if u call reaction to continued bullying by a minority community as hindu extremism..... am sorry mate u will see in years to come it gonna increase multifolds...:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom