What's new

CRPF to Use 'Shaheed' For Troopers Killed in Line of Duty

New Delhi: In a first step for a central armed police force, Central Reserve Police Force or CRPF has decided to honour its jawans and officers killed in action with the prefix 'Shaheed' in their names.

In a similar measure aimed at boosting morale, the previous UPA government had issued orders for categorising the retired personnel from these forces as 'ex-central armed
police forces personnel' on the lines of the three armed forces.
@Oscar @Spring Onion @Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER @Aeronaut

I have come across objection towards usage of the word "Shaheed", (here in this forum ofcource) Some take it on a religious sense, Actually it is not especially when we use it... It is just a word used for some one who laid down his life for his country.... If some ask Why use Shaheed??? then one can also ask Why not?????

hmmmmm well its good that they atlast considered CRPF people for the title otherwise if i am not wrong they only limited it to Indian army and there had been heated debate over this discrimination in the past.

As far as the use of this word well dont you Indians have any alternate Hindi word for it? since this is not at all a Hindi or even Urdu word.

I've seen punjabis use the word Rab for God.. Even the Sikhs use Rab for God... The Arabs use Rabi etc.. So what's your issue????

Nobody complain here, even Christians in India use the Sanskrit word Prabhu for Jesus. ;)

New Delhi: In a first step for a central armed police force, Central Reserve Police Force or CRPF has decided to honour its jawans and officers killed in action with the prefix 'Shaheed' in their names.

In a similar measure aimed at boosting morale, the previous UPA government had issued orders for categorising the retired personnel from these forces as 'ex-central armed

I have come across objection towards usage of the word "Shaheed", (here in this forum ofcource) Some take it on a religious sense, Actually it is not especially when we use it... It is just a word used for some one who laid down his life for his country.... If some ask Why use Shaheed??? then one can also ask Why not?????

hmmmmm well its good that they atlast considered CRPF people for the title otherwise if i am not wrong they only limited it to Indian army and there had been heated debate over this discrimination in the past.

As far as the use of this word well dont you Indians have any alternate Hindi word for it? since this is not at all a Hindi or even Urdu word.

Khuda ka khauf karo aur ye phaltu jhagda band karo.

Non-Muslims and muslims alike, who died for the Nation, shall be called Shaheed in India. If anyone doesn't like it, he/she is free to take it up with their Govt and force them to talk to the Indian Govt for it's withdrawal. Yahaan baithkar fizool me ek doosre ko gali-galoch dene se kuch nahi badalega. :closed:

:) some liberal extremists like NFP and his likes are in love with this word just because they hate Arabic word for God. so such people are stressing on use of this word khuda.

So, what your opinion about it, should Pakistani use the word Khuda. I have seen lots of debates among Pakistanis about Allah Hafiz vs Khuda Hafiz culture.

Members need to understand either they should apply for copyright on islam and related entities or stop crying about it.

o_O shaheed=martyr=amar...etc etc. Just a few different words with the same meaning. Relax! Its not like the Indian army is invading.. Nobody owns the intellectual rights to that word and just to clear the air we have Muslims in secular India too:lazy2:

Members need to understand either they should apply for copyright on islam and related entities or stop crying about it.

Objection by whom??

Even if some one have objection then it should come from arab people not others :lol:

So, what your opinion about it, should Pakistani use the word Khuda. I have seen lots of debates among Pakistanis about Allah Hafiz vs Khuda Hafiz culture.

I found this debate just a ego problem of liberal extremists and some (just few) political mullas. The common people have nothing over these two words. The common people here in a formal talk or way of speaking use khuda but when they pray they always say "Ya Allah" help me or whatever blessing they want from God.

I personally believe the debate is just useless, holds no weight

99.99% Pakistanis on this forum hate wahabis .. But hinduvta trolls see no issue .. Insulting Islam,it's beliefs,it's prophets etc..

Even in this thread fajita was using blasphemous rants .. N so on!!

So Dnt lecture me .. We know about the mentality of internet hindus... Congressi,sickular,love jihad,rapists,barbarians,72 etc etc etc n the regular suicide trolls.. We've seen it all..

Let me reply point by point
1.You say why we hate congress,let me ask you do you love Zaradri & co or Nawaz & co
2.Sikular means minority appeasement for the minorities[Bluntly Muslims] & that does not means building schools & colleges for them,it means appeasing Mullahs by keeping the Muslim Community poor & using Riots as tool to remain in power
3.Love Jihad is being propagated by far right Hindu groups & far right muslims groups are responding with the same thing
4.Only idiots would generalize a community
5.barbarians,well what arabs & turks did was infact Barbaric,destroying cities,looting & killing people & what not
6.72 is just to troll some Pakistanis

Yup it is good that they started taking the sacrifices of CRPF also seriously..... I am Happy....

When it comes to the usage of world, I have no idea why that word is been used, But i guess it is an urdu word and has been used even before partition or independence.... May be the people are used to that word and they continued using it.... But there is no religious meaning when we use that word.... I dont mind if they use another word instead of "Shaheed"..... It doesnt mater what name we use, What matters is the respect given to the fallen soldier.....

Back
Top Bottom