What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Shining Moment or Strategic Blunder

Good reply, to be recorded for reference.

Abir Babu, why you are annoyed ? Through discussion and argument and counter argument we are learning many things. I agree with your points regarding the names of muslim of South East Asia. But what ever I said earlier these are facts. " Etu obhiman kano ? Aigulo to bastob kotha. Jug jug dhore chole ashche, tintu tothapio amra shoho obashthan kore ashchi"

Haha let me remember! I was trying to find this nasty bug while typing the post! :P

Chesta korbo ebaar theke niraabhiman hoye uttor deete! ;-)

As far as I know Muslims are free to choose any name as long as it's good to listen and not related to Allah and Prophet.

What the hell are you talking about? Do not talk if you do not know. Muslim are to keep name that has good meaning. Mohammad is the most popular name in Islamic world. We can choose any name's of Allah beside Allah.

Muslims in East-Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia name their kids on Ramayan/Mahabharat characters!

Pure Bull ****. Malaysia and Indonesia has non Muslim population and I bet no Muslim will name their kids after some pagan god. Nauzubillah.

Well as you said Dhoti was weared by both hindus and muslim for 6 centuries before wahabies. So calling dhoti a hindu attire is wrong by your logic. Dhoti had been replaced by Lungi for both hindus and muslims. I hardly see any hindu wear Dhutis anymore in Bangladesh. Lungi is more convenient i suppose. But I dont wear either of them.. LOL

But you always defend the dhoti and you think it's OK for Muslims to wear it. So can I call you hypocrite? :hang2:

What the hell are you talking about? Do not talk if you do not know. Muslim are to keep name that has good meaning. Mohammad is the most popular name in Islamic world. We can choose any name's of Allah beside Allah.

Zakir your surely don't know much about your religion or interpret it in a way that your hate filled mind wants you to.

Giving a Muslim Child a Non-Arabic Name - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Islam does not oblige Muslim people to choose specific names, Arabic or non-Arabic, for their children, whether boys or girls. It is rather up to people to choose the names for their children. However, selecting names should be pursuant to some Islamic rules that will be stated below. Islam emphasizes that Muslims should have good names and give good names to their children. It is reported in a Hadith that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "You will be called on the Day of Resurrection by your names and the names of your fathers, so have good names." (Reported by Abu Dawud)

Answering your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“Children are a trust in the hands of parents. Parents, therefore, have a duty to receive this divine gift with a true sense of gratitude and do everything at their disposal to provide the best nurturing. There is nothing better they can do in this regard than by providing them a home filled with love and kindness, and thus contributing to their overall physical, intellectual, ethical and spiritual growth and development. Such a duty begins before the birth of the child and extends all through their lives. Having said this, I must say, that the first important duty when a child is born is to recite the adhan in the right ear in a gentle voice, and give him or her a good name.

As for the choice of names, we are given the following guidelines:

1. We must certainly avoid names that indicate any trace of shirk or association of partners with Allah. Therefore it is forbidden to call someone `Abd al-Ka`bah, or `Abd al-Nabi (servant of the Ka`bah or servant of the Prophet), since all of us are servants of Allah alone.

2. We must also avoid names that imply meanings that are offensive or unpleasant in connotations. The Prophet changed names such as Harb (War) with Salam (Peace), ‘Asiyah (Rebellious) with Jamilah (Beautiful), Sa`b (Difficult) with Sahl (Easy to deal with), etc.

3. We are encouraged to give names that have good or noble meanings or associations, for names may inadvertently inspire a person to do great things or stay away from vices. Choosing names of prophets or great persons who have been role models of virtue and piety is an excellent idea. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) named his son Ibrahim, and he said, “I have called him by my father’s name!”

Having said this, I must add: There is nothing in the Islamic sources to indicate that we are allowed only to give our children Arabic names. Since Islam is a universal religion, there is no such requirement. Any name is okay so long as we keep in mind the above points. But, at the same time, while choosing names, we must strive our best not to compromise our Islamic identity.”

Pure Bull ****. Malaysia and Indonesia has non Muslim population and I bet no Muslim will name their kids after some pagan god. Nauzubillah.

Well Malyasians would be royally pissed off if you call Ram-Sita Pagan gods.

In Hikayat Seri Rama of Malaysia, Dasharatha is the great-grandson of the Prophet Adam. Ravana receives boons from Allah instead of Brahma.

Goddamn those shriks, Nauzubillah!!
:azn::azn:

Well, its a fact that when two brothers fight, they get seperated but still they are brothers...same is the case of Pakistan and Bangladesh, we are not together but still we are brothers, and at a time of need we will rise again and join together as a brother.....we must not forget Bangladesh, bcz movement of Pakistan started from Bangladesh....

Pakhtun aur Bangali bhai bhai?kabse hua yeh twist?

What ever has happened in the past , we both Pakistani's and our bangladeshi's brother now know tht the actual problem is tht the Indian are trying there best to hurt our relationship with each other but they will not suceed coz now we all know who is friend and who is foe .

Long live :pakistan: and Long live Bangladesh
Long Live our Brotherhood.

All of us knew from the very beginning that separation would be a suicide. So, we the then east Pakistanis kept on trying to remain united at any cost. But, you made things difficult for us by not handing over the State power to the elected representaives of the country.

Then you started killing innocents on the streets. It seemed to be not enough. You then disarmed the EPR, Police and EBR Jawans and killed them point blank. So, what other options did we have than to go after liberation from the tyrany of the west?

We are a separate country now. But, you may regard it as the end result of the Lahore Resolution of 1942, where two Muslim-majority countries in the west and east were visualized, except that a bloody war was needed to achieve it.

I seriously cannot understand the Mind set of some of are Bangladeshi brothers. The separation happened 30 years ago, isn't it about time that you lot moved on.

^
Sometime some people don't find anything for doing proud. Then they go back to archive and then ...............................

Unfortunately or fortunately, I never bother with that.

Islam does not oblige Muslim people to choose specific names, Arabic or non-Arabic, for their children, whether boys or girls. It is rather up to people to choose the names for their children. However, selecting names should be pursuant to some Islamic rules that will be stated below. Islam emphasizes that Muslims should have good names and give good names to their children. It is reported in a Hadith that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "You will be called on the Day of Resurrection by your names and the names of your fathers, so have good names." (Reported by Abu Dawud)

Answering your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“Children are a trust in the hands of parents. Parents, therefore, have a duty to receive this divine gift with a true sense of gratitude and do everything at their disposal to provide the best nurturing. There is nothing better they can do in this regard than by providing them a home filled with love and kindness, and thus contributing to their overall physical, intellectual, ethical and spiritual growth and development. Such a duty begins before the birth of the child and extends all through their lives. Having said this, I must say, that the first important duty when a child is born is to recite the adhan in the right ear in a gentle voice, and give him or her a good name.

As for the choice of names, we are given the following guidelines:

1. We must certainly avoid names that indicate any trace of shirk or association of partners with Allah. Therefore it is forbidden to call someone `Abd al-Ka`bah, or `Abd al-Nabi (servant of the Ka`bah or servant of the Prophet), since all of us are servants of Allah alone.

2. We must also avoid names that imply meanings that are offensive or unpleasant in connotations. The Prophet changed names such as Harb (War) with Salam (Peace), ‘Asiyah (Rebellious) with Jamilah (Beautiful), Sa`b (Difficult) with Sahl (Easy to deal with), etc.

3. We are encouraged to give names that have good or noble meanings or associations, for names may inadvertently inspire a person to do great things or stay away from vices. Choosing names of prophets or great persons who have been role models of virtue and piety is an excellent idea. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) named his son Ibrahim, and he said, “I have called him by my father’s name!”

Having said this, I must add: There is nothing in the Islamic sources to indicate that we are allowed only to give our children Arabic names. Since Islam is a universal religion, there is no such requirement. Any name is okay so long as we keep in mind the above points. But, at the same time, while choosing names, we must strive our best not to compromise our Islamic identity.”

Well Malyasians would be royally pissed off if you call Ram-Sita Pagan gods.

In Hikayat Seri Rama of Malaysia, Dasharatha is the great-grandson of the Prophet Adam. Ravana receives boons from Allah instead of Brahma.

Goddamn those shriks, Nauzubillah!!
:azn::azn:

@ So Abir Babu," App ne hadish bi tafsara karne sick gia, bhurat ach cha, bhalu, bhalu, amonti tu cheye chilam".
Look, how good it is ? But remember, one thing, since "Quran" was written in Arabic that is why it is universally accepted otherwise long before it could have forgotten. Today you see near about 22 nations are Arabi spoken country.

@ Human beings are always identified through the names and through the name his religion is identified. If all gurdian started thinking and giving their children's name as per their discreation then I donnot know what will happen, probably Al-Zaker can give a light on it.

@ If you want to read "Moha Bharat", you have to read in Sanscret, you cannot make it in all languages. If you donnot understand make it translated that all. And that will remain for "onantu kal".

Our relationship with Bangladesh has been bumpy sometimes but they are not our enemy

That statement is quite funny, because if Bangladesh was not your enemy then why do the Indian BSF, continiously kill innocent civilians on the Bangladeshi border.

@ So Abir Babu," App ne hadish bi tafsara karne sick gia, bhurat ach cha, bhalu, bhalu, amonti tu cheye chilam".

You speak very bad hindi/urdu, typical trait of Bengalis. :p

I quoted from authentic Islamic source, who's done their specialization on Islam. Those were not my words.

Look, how good it is ? But remember, one thing, since "Quran" was written in Arabic that is why it is universally accepted otherwise long before it could have forgotten. Today you see near about 22 nations are Arabi spoken country.

There are more English speaking countries in World, what's the point? Arabic is only spoken in Arab peninsula, no where else.

@ Human beings are always identified through the names and through the name his religion is identified. If all gurdian started thinking and giving their children's name as per their discreation then I donnot know what will happen, probably Al-Zaker can give a light on it.

Names are given according to local culture and respective religion. The point I'm trying to make is that, Islam doesn't confine yourself to name your kid in Arabic. You'll find tough time to recognize East Asians Muslims by their names.

Also Arabic name doesn't mean it's Islamic name, just as, Sanskrit or Bengali name doesn't mean a Hindu name.

@ If you want to read "Moha Bharat", you have to read in Sanscret, you cannot make it in all languages. If you donnot understand make it translated that all. And that will remain for "onantu kal".

Why do I need to read it in Sanskrit? :s Bengali is very near to Sanskrit anyway.

I read Mahabharat(along with Elliot, Oddisee, Ramayan, Arabian Nights etc) when I was kid, as an epic, not as a religious text, which it is not.

That statement is quite funny, because if Bangladesh was not your enemy then why do the Indian BSF, continiously kill innocent civilians on the Bangladeshi border.

No, you are wrong. Indian BSF kills our unarmed civilians at the border only out of love and affection. Kind-hearted BSF troops think BD is overpopulated, and, therefore, they are helping us by reducing this number.

I seriously cannot understand the Mind set of some of are Bangladeshi brothers. The separation happened 30 years ago, isn't it about time that you lot moved on.

Actually its more like 40 years ago. There are some people with Bangladeshi flags just can't move on.

There are more English speaking countries in World, what's the point? Arabic is only spoken in Arab peninsula, no where else.

1. Iraq
2. Syria
3. Jordan
4. Sudan(Africa)
5. Egpyt(Africa)
6. Libya(Africa)
7. Chad(Africa)
8. Tunisia(Africa)
9. Morrocco(Africa)
10. Lebanon

Are the above Islamic countries also falls in Arabian Peninsula ?

Sorry for the bad Hindi ? " Kia kere bhai rojana hindi picture dekha kar ap logone tu hamara dil jeet lia"

1. Iraq
2. Syria
3. Jordan
4. Sudan(Africa)
5. Egpyt(Africa)
6. Libya(Africa)
7. Chad(Africa)
8. Tunisia(Africa)
9. Morrocco(Africa)
10. Lebanon

Are the above Islamic countries also falls in Arabian Peninsula ?

Sorry for the bad Hindi ? " Kia kere bhai rojana hindi picture dekha kar ap logone tu hamara dil jeet lia"

Apologies, the correct term would be Arab world.

arab countries - Google Search

Not able to speak good hindi isn't a taboo in West Bengal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom