What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Shining Moment or Strategic Blunder

1. Whether we are Bengali or Bangladeshi ?

Its a settled issue.
2. Controvercy over the implementation of the education
policy of Dr Kurad-e-Khuda ?

Most of the recommendation my Khuda is accepted by all parties. Some of them got revised and addressed in current education policy. Its settled.

3. Whether we should follow the secularism or not ?

Its not only Bangladesh even USA still debate on this issue.

4. What should be our foreign policy? Once BNP comes to power they maintains a very close link with China, Pakistan and other muslim countries.On the other hand once AL comes to power they moves in opposite direction having a very cordial relation with India.

AL does not do anti India politics so is reflected in foreign policy. Other than that policy regarding China and Muslim countries are same for both the parties.

5. Sometimes I see that BNP and other like minded people celebrates the "Pallassy Day" every year in a very gorgeous manner on the otherhand AL hardly bothers.

Never heard BNP observed Pallasy day but if they do I am with them.

6. AL gives more importance on the Hindu leaders like Mater Da Surju Sen,Pritilota, Khudi Ram and Tagore. On the otherhand BNP hardly remembers them and give more impotance on Kazi Nazrul Islam.

complete BS.

7. AL gives more impotance on Gandhi than Jinna.

Neither BNP nor AL gives importance to Jinnah. Gandhi is well known for non violence movement so some people do talk about him but I didnt see any Gandhi follower in Bangladesh.

8. We have a controvercy over the issue of our father of nation.

BNP thinks if they recognize Bangabandhu then their vote will decrease but this kind of mindset is just a outcome of political illeteracy.

@ Infact the whole nation is divided into two blocks on the above issue. With my experiences these two groups of people are not likely to be united in the near future. It is like railway line which never joins together.

Ideological difference is healthy for a nation but when it becomes confrontational then its turns out to be disastarous. For Bangladesh later is true for many cases.

@ I was surprised why the people are behaving like that ? Why can't we come to an ananimous decisions on these issues. You remember how the people were killed on the street on 30 October 2006 the day BNP handover power to Caretaker Govt.

Why you want a ananimous decision when you want democracy. If everybody is ananimous in every issue then you dont need democracy.

@ As per my version it is due to the blood. The people who came from outside i.e, the pure muslim blood are having a different thought. They are not ready to accept the Hindu Bengali culture:no:. Well they are ready to accept the Bengali culture with some Islamic flavour.:victory:

There is Hindu religion and there is Muslim religion. There is nothing called Hindu Bengali culture. Name me one Hindu Bengali culture which Muslim does not participate.

1. Whether we are Bengali or Bangladeshi ?

3. Whether we should follow the secularism or not ?

Logically:

According to Islam and Muslims, Islam is the most superior religion and perfect. And any Muslim who has true knowledge and feelings for Islam would feel like that i.e. Islam is the most superior religion. S/He cannot say that every religion is same. But unfortunately AL followers think that every religion deserves the same importance. So the logic is if Islam is the most superior religion to Muslims then how can they say that every religion deserves the same importance. In BD we are quite peacefully happy with the current constitution. We no need any hell-AL imposed new Western or Hindu-Like constitution.

@ Infact the whole nation is divided into two blocks on the above issue. With my experiences these two groups of people are not likely to be united in the near future. It is like railway line which never joins together.

Solution: Let us divide BD into two countries. One for AL followers and another for Anti-AL followers. :rofl:

Last edited:
1. Never heard BNP observed Pallasy day but if they do I am with them.

2. Complete BS. (Point regarding Mater Da Surja Sen, Pritillota and Khudiram).

3. There is Hindu religion and there is Muslim religion. There is nothing called Hindu Bengali culture. Name me one Hindu Bengali culture which Muslim does not participate.

@ In Bangladesh, every year a seminar is held on "Pallassay Day" sponsored by BNP intellectuals.

@ In 1996-2001, when AL was in power many university women halls were named as "Pritilotta Hall", like women Hall at Rajshahi University, Women Hall at Agricultural University at Mymensingh, Women Hall at Chittagong University.

@ Whatever culture we are now following in Bangladesh came from Hindu culture. We the majority Bengali muslims are following the same culture but with slight modification. Some of the examples are :
1. In Bengali Hindu culture, any function starts with the "Mongol Prodim", we the Bengali muslims are not ready to accept that.
2. Generally, the orthudox Bengali muslim grils/women donnot give a "tip" on the forehead but in Bengali culture it is common. Now-a-days in our country most of them do it. But you will never find this practice among the non-Bengalies. Well, there is a saying that once Muhmood of Gazni used to plunder India and destroyed various Sumnat mandirs, in the process many Hundus were also killed. After the withdral of Mahood's forces, the hindu widows used to gathered at the premises of destroyed mandirs, used to pest the blood of their respective husband on the forehead and do "matam". This practics is now turn into "Tip" system. That is the season most of the muslim female of Indian sub-continent do not follow this practice . There are other more. Let me think? :welcome:

Last edited:
@ In Bangladesh, every year a seminar is held on "Pallassay Day" sponsored by BNP intellectuals.

@ In 1996-2001, when AL was in power many university women halls were named as "Pritilotta Hall", like women Hall at Rajshahi University, Women Hall at Agricultural University at Mymensingh, Women Hall at Chittagong University.

They did the right thing. These individual made history and sacrificed their life for the people of this country and never been recognised.

@ Whatever culture we are now following in Bangladesh came from Hindu culture. We the majority Bengali muslims are following the same culture but with slight modification. Some of the examples are :
1. In Bengali Hindu culture, any function starts with the "Mongol Prodim", we the Bengali muslims are not ready to accept that.
2. Generally, the orthudox Bengali muslim grils/women donnot give a "tip" on the forehead but in Bengali culture it is common. Now-a-days in our country most of them do it. But you will never find this practice among the non-Bengalies. Well, there is a saying that once Muhmood of Gazni used to plunder India and destroyed various Sumnat mandirs, in the process many Hundus were also killed. After the withdral of Mahood's forces, the hindu widows used to gathered at the premises of destroyed mandirs, used to pest the blood of their respective husband on the forehead and do "matam". This practics is now turn into "Tip" system. That is the season most of the muslim female of Indian sub-continent do not follow this practice . There are other more. Let me think? :welcome:

Bangladesh was never a Hindu country. It was buddhist before and the culture you see is the culture of common people. There are some religious customs like Mongol Prodip which has parallel Muslim custom like Dua or Bismillah. So there is no reason for Muslim to start Puja.
Regarding the Tip I am not too sure about it. I saw a Iranian saint's picture of the religion Zoroastrian close to Hinduism and she was wearing Tip. Zoroastrian is a 5000 years old religion and nothing to do with Bengali or Muhmood or destroying mondir. I believe Tip probably a Aryan culture and nothing to do with religion.

Here is the Iranian Saint picture
58718_1455009378845_1341652463_31252398_7936985_n.jpg

We have a name for these people. We called them Tagore loving Islamic name Mushrik. These son of malaun are scar to our Muslim dominated society. :angry:

Last edited:
BNP thinks if they recognize Bangabandhu then their vote will decrease but this kind of mindset is just a outcome of political illeteracy.

you do not know more about BNP then me. We consider Mujib a munafiq faroon. let alone father of Muslim nation. He is father of munafiqs and mushrikaan though.

There is Hindu religion and there is Muslim religion. There is nothing called Hindu Bengali culture. Name me one Hindu Bengali culture which Muslim does not participate.

All kind of mela( boisaki mela) come from Hindu Bengali culture and most Muslim avoid it beside some Tagore lovers. Hell with them left overs.

Last edited:

The Bengalee muslim tradition whatever we are practicing basically came due to the influence of "Faraizi and Wahabi" movement. It was in the 18 century in Bengal we were almost lost our muslim tradition, everywhere there was an infiltration of Hindu Bengalee culture. Then the above movement started in the greater Bengal. Some of the influences of this movement are summarised below:

@ In those days people used to wear "Dhoti" be it a muslim/hindu/budduist. It was "Wahavies" who changed this tradition and since than the muslims used to wear "Lungi" instead of "Dhoti".

@ Muslims Bengalees used to keep the Hindu name or the local name like "Chandi", Chandu" etc but due to the above movement people started keeping the Islami name. Presently, on our society there is a tendency to keep the local Bengalee name but with my experiences through out the world, the names are always kept on the basis of religion.

@ Local Bengalee muslim women used to wear sharee without "petycoat/blouz", so these were re-introduced. For the male "fatwa" was replaced with "Panjabi". They tried to introduce the "shalwar kameez" for the female but failed.

The Bengalee muslim tradition whatever we are practicing basically came due to the influence of "Faraizi and Wahabi" movement. It was in the 18 century in Bengal we were almost lost our muslim tradition, everywhere there was an infiltration of Hindu Bengalee culture. Then the above movement started in the greater Bengal. Some of the influences of this movement are summarised below:

@ In those days people used to wear "Dhoti" be it a muslim/hindu/budduist. It was "Wahavies" who changed this tradition and since than the muslims used to wear "Lungi" instead of "Dhoti".

Well as you said Dhoti was weared by both hindus and muslim for 6 centuries before wahabies. So calling dhoti a hindu attire is wrong by your logic. Dhoti had been replaced by Lungi for both hindus and muslims. I hardly see any hindu wear Dhutis anymore in Bangladesh. Lungi is more convenient i suppose. But I dont wear either of them.. LOL
@ Muslims Bengalees used to keep the Hindu name or the local name like "Chandi", Chandu" etc but due to the above movement people started keeping the Islami name. Presently, on our society there is a tendency to keep the local Bengalee name but with my experiences through out the world, the names are always kept on the basis of religion.

Till this day Muslim keeps two name. One called Bengali nick name and another one is Muslim long name.

@ Local Bengalee muslim women used to wear sharee without "petycoat/blouz", so these were re-introduced. For the male "fatwa" was replaced with "Panjabi". They tried to introduce the "shalwar kameez" for the female but failed.

It is more to do with socio economic condtion of the female. I saw plenty of Muslim women wear saree without blouse specially in the slums and in the villages. Also stereotyping hindus not wearing blouse is utterly wrong. They do wear blouse.

@ Local Bengalee muslim women used to wear sharee without "petycoat/blouz", so these were re-introduced. For the male "fatwa" was replaced with "Panjabi". They tried to introduce the "shalwar kameez" for the female but failed. [/I]

Sharee is dying out. Last time I went BD to about 3 years ago, I was amazed to see that most women including married one wear Shalwar Kameez. It was almost opposite about 20 some years ago. :tup:

It is more to do with socio economic condtion of the female. I saw plenty of Muslim women wear saree without blouse specially in the slums and in the villages. Also stereotyping hindus not wearing blouse is utterly wrong. They do wear blouse.

Actually blouse-petticoat was introduced to Indian society by Thakur family, probably by Jnanadanandini Devi, wife of Satyendranath Thakur. I didn't bother replying because most of the claims were nonsensical. Like take the example of Names. As far as I know Muslims are free to choose any name as long as it's good to listen and not related to Allah and Prophet. Muslims in East-Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia name their kids on Ramayan/Mahabharat characters!

Sharee is dying out. Last time I went BD to about 3 years ago, I was amazed to see that most women including married one wear Shalwar Kameez. It was almost opposite about 20 some years ago. :tup:

I don't know what do you have against Saari, neither do I care. But it seems by your weird logic Saari becomes a Hindu dress and Salwar a Muslim dress! But Salwar is widely worn in whole North India mainly because it's more convenient. It's strictly an Indian dress, not your beloved arbi/farsi, they wear burqa!

I think you have something against Bengalis, considering your origin, I'm not surprised though!

Actually blouse-petticoat was introduced to Indian society by Thakur family, probably by Jnanadanandini Devi, wife of Satyendranath Thakur.

Good reply, to be recorded for reference.

Abir Babu, why you are annoyed ? Through discussion and argument and counter argument we are learning many things. I agree with your points regarding the names of muslim of South East Asia. But what ever I said earlier these are facts. " Etu obhiman kano ? Aigulo to bastob kotha. Jug jug dhore chole ashche, tintu tothapio amra shoho obashthan kore ashchi"

Well as you said Dhoti was weared by both hindus and muslim for 6 centuries before wahabies. So calling dhoti a hindu attire is wrong by your logic. Dhoti had been replaced by Lungi for both hindus and muslims. I hardly see any hindu wear Dhutis anymore in Bangladesh. Lungi is more convenient i suppose. But I dont wear either of them.. LOL

Actually it has all to with convenience. The dhoti and saree are "draped garments" and by their very nature very long. Now convenience overrides everything. Who has time to laboriously drape garments? The trend has started in the cities/urban areas and is percolating in to rural areas.

About the Lungi, it is very popular in all highly humid areas of South Asia and South East Asia. Something to do with ventilation qualities perhaps?;)

Convienence and comfort dictates dress.
iajdani, how many women from the sub-continent in North America wear the sarees (or how frequently), regardless of their religious beliefs.
Forget that, women in India are in larger numbers wearing salwar-kameezes (every-day) in preference to sarees; just because it is more convenient to do so. Ascribing any religious connotations to such mores is solely the work of idle and stupid minds.

Actually blouse-petticoat was introduced to Indian society by Thakur family, probably by Jnanadanandini Devi, wife of Satyendranath Thakur. I didn't bother replying because most of the claims were nonsensical. Like take the example of Names. As far as I know Muslims are free to choose any name as long as it's good to listen and not related to Allah and Prophet. Muslims in East-Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia name their kids on Ramayan/Mahabharat characters!

I think blouse or some form of upper clothing were present even before Tagore familly. But Tagore familly was famous for introducing the folding pattern in the front while wearing sarees.

Back
Top Bottom