What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Shining Moment or Strategic Blunder

I have so many Bangladeshi friends, who are all like my brothers, sure they have said that what Pakistan did in the past was wrong...but present Pakistan they have no problem with..so your point in other words is BS. But its your opinion, you cannot stop the growing relationship bewteen the two countries, as Pakistan can not do as well.

Yes, I am sure there are plenty of Bangladeshis living in the UK who feel a special kind of attachment to Pakistanis, out of some "Islamic brotherhood" type of feeling. The reality is, any Bangladeshi who directly or indirectly was affected by the Pakistani war crimes of 1971 can hardly be described as "pro-Pakistan". Your Bangladeshi friends in the UK should take heed of history.

With that being said, Bangladeshis have every right to form friendships with Pakistanis, Chinese, or anyone else that they please. It is their right, and most Indians are not too bothered. To ignore history, however, is a deadly sin.

"It's Islamic thing"
I am sure you have no Hindu friends...have you ever met a Hindu Bengali in your entire life?

You are wrong. I knew some in back home but not really good friend though.

we hate things we have no knowledge of more....I am sure once you make some Hindu friends you'd be more tolerant.
I like the Pakistanis for the fact that they willingly make Hindu friends have no religious bias in that...their hatred is focused towards the bad policies of my govt. and not against me...

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------
I have some Hindu friend my college days and do have some Hindu colleague right now. I have no problem with Hindu person because he is Hindu.

I have said it many times that I am neither anti Hinduism nor Hindu. I hate them Tagore loving Islamic name mushrik intellectual that try to impose Hindu culture on Bangladeshi Muslim in the name Bangla culture. :angry:

"between Islamist and Bengali minded pro Bharatis. "
What do you mean by Benagali minded pro-bharatis?

Tagore loving Islamic name mushrik are Bengali minded. They are low life scums. They prefer Hindu Bengali culture over Islamic culture. :tdown:

aren't you Bengali minded?

No I am not. I am Muslim first then some thing else. ;)

Yes, I am sure there are plenty of Bangladeshis living in the UK who feel a special kind of attachment to Pakistanis, out of some "Islamic brotherhood" type of feeling. The reality is, any Bangladeshi who directly or indirectly was affected by the Pakistani war crimes of 1971 can hardly be described as "pro-Pakistan". Your Bangladeshi friends in the UK should take heed of history.

With that being said, Bangladeshis have every right to form friendships with Pakistanis, Chinese, or anyone else that they please. It is their right, and most Indians are not too bothered.

Islamic brotherhood zindabad. :cheers:

To ignore history, however, is a deadly sin.

Come again. :undecided:

Islamic brotherhood zindabad. :cheers:

I am sure you know that "Islamic brotherhood" is a completely unrealistic idea, given the current geopolitical environment.

Pakistani muslims praise China while turning a blind eye to the state-sponsored oppression of Islam in Xinjiang and other areas of China, and Arab countries regularly sign multi-billion dollar deals with the US while at the same time yelling "Free Palestine"

Come again. :undecided:

What exactly do you not understand?

LITTLE BIT CRITICISM OF TAGORE

@ Although we the people of Bengal respect Tagore to a greater extend for his great contribution in Bengalee litrature but yet he is not above criticism.

@ Tagore was dead against the partition of Bengal(1905), he wrote many songs which inspired the Bengalese(mainly hindus) for its annullment and finally he and his followers forced the Britishers for its annullment in 1911. All these activities all went against the interest of Bengal muslims. Once the British partitioned Bengal on administrative ground it was a blessing for the muslims of Bengal and soon Muslim Leaque as a political party was first formed at Dacca in 1906.

@ Tagore used to sponsor two terrorist organisation namely "Onushillon" and "Jugantar" for the annullment of Bengal. The famous "Robindra Sangeet", "A bar tur mora gange, ban utheche joy ma bole". Do you know what does its inner meaning ? Here "mora gange" means that the people of East Bengal are sleeping and now the time has come to revolt against the British by chanting "Joy ma".

@ Tagore's most of the songs and writing are related with hindu religion where muslim Bengalees has very little place. Muslim Bengalees has a place in his writing as a"Kablee wala" or other low class status. He had hardly written any main character of muslim in his writings.:angry::angry:

@ Although we the people of Bengal respect Tagore to a greater extend for his great contribution in Bengalee litrature but yet he is not above criticism.

@ Tagore was dead against the partition of Bengal(1905), he wrote many songs which inspired the Bengalese(mainly hindus) for its annullment and finally he and his followers forced the Britishers for its annullment in 1911. All these activities all went against the interest of Bengal muslims. Once the British partitioned Bengal on administrative ground it was a blessing for the muslims of Bengal and soon Muslim Leaque as a political party was first formed at Dacca in 1906.

Would you call people who were against partition also as anti-Muslim? Tagore was anti-partition because of his love for East Bengal where he used to spend major part of his busy life. It was the want of watching an united Bengal and opposing the humiliating way Curzon saw us natives, that led him to be against dividing Bengal. And man, didn't he taught that white-supremacist Curzon a lesson!

@ Tagore used to sponsor two terrorist organisation namely "Onushillon" and "Jugantar" for the annullment of Bengal. The famous "Robindra Sangeet", "A bar tur mora gange, ban utheche joy ma bole". Do you know what does its inner meaning ? Here "mora gange" means that the people of East Bengal are sleeping and now the time has come to revolt against the British by chanting "Joy ma".

Onushilan and Jugantar were fighting for independence, they might be terrorist in the eyes of colonial British, why you call them terrorist, I don't understand. :confused:

They were fighting against British, calling them terrorist is same as calling India's independence struggle as terrorism. Just look up the members of Jugantar, most of them believed in communism and fighting for a society free of religious and caste bias.

Aurobindo Ghosh
Barin Ghosh
Raja Subodh Mallik
Khudiram Bose
Prafulla Chaki
Bagha Jatin

Were they terrorists?

@ Tagore's most of the songs and writing are related with hindu religion where muslim Bengalees has very little place. Muslim Bengalees has a place in his writing as a"Kablee wala" or other low class status. He had hardly written any main character of muslim in his writings.:angry::angry:

Tagore wasn't mainstream Hindu. His grandfather was converted to Brahmo Dharma(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmo) which is a monolithic spiritualistic movement. Most of his characters were Brahmos actually.

What's your opinion about 'Ghare Baire'? Tagore opposed the Swadeshi movement at the peril of being called unpatriotic just because he saw poor Muslims traders being affected greatly by this. I read one incident when Tagore visiting his property in East Bengal where he made the hindu nayeb and other well-off people to sit together with poor muslims because he thought it's highly discriminatory having different sitting arrangement for different caste and religions.

Last edited:
Abir Bhai,

You are always against me ? " Quo bhai, shamasha ta kothai".What ever I write you are always there to criticise me. " Thik hai, ham vi dek lange ". Regards. :disagree::disagree:

Abir Bhai,

You are always against me ? " Quo bhai, shamasha ta kothai".What ever I write you are always there to criticise me. " Thik hai, ham vi dek lange ". Regards. :disagree::disagree:

Arey janab I am only providing counter arguments to your arguments and I have lots of free time! :p

Dekh to leynge bhaiya hum, akhir main bhi to bengali hoon, border ki ispaar hi sahi! :P

Don't know if you have noticed, I don't usually reply zakir and his kind when they bad-mouth Tagore. I take them as an example of, as we say in Bengali, "faNka kolshi baNje beshi"! :p

You have forgot that Tagore vetoed against the establishment of Dhaka university. He didn't think Muslims were intelligent enough to get higher education.

It was Nawab Salimullah who established the Dhaka university. As a result we Muslim in Bangladesh exposed to higher education yet some low life Bengali minded Bangladeshi give more respect to this Tagore over our own Salimullah. Unfortunate. :hitwall:

Some bd's will argue that Tagore vetoed because he didn't wanted to segregate united Bengal yet this clowns failed to convince me that how a Dhaka university was against the unification of Bengal. If such sentiment was possessed by Salimullah then these clowns would have been growing rich in the field like Tagore wanted instead of typing in international forum like Pak defence. Bloody fools. :angry:

The then Pakistan government banned all Tagore work and it was right decision from Muslim prospective. If some one get hooked into Tagore literature then he or she will be semi Hindu. The result is viewable among the Tagore loving Islamic name intellectual that always lurk around dead minar in Dhaka.

We are to highlight our own people instead of some foreign personality like Tagore. :tup:

Last edited:
If some one get hooked into Tagore literature then he or she will be semi Hindu.

This man never fails to amaze me! :lol: :lol:

Poor Bangladeshis, now I know why they happily put themselves under fire to preserve their culture and language!

Time to debunk some urban legends.

The numbers of students from 1921 to 1948 in Dhaka University

Session Number of Muslim students Number of total students
1929-'30 427 1300 (Except the training college and Medical Schools)
1930-'31 399 1300
1937-'38 595 1527
1939-'40 673 1527
1940-'41 600 1633

From, the above statistics it's evident majority of students in Dhaka university were non-Muslims before partition. Thus, it invalidates some poster's rambling that Calcutta based intelligentsia opposed Dhaka University to deprive Muslims of higher education.

source: Dhaka University & the History of East Bengal: An interview of Professor Abdur Razzak, written by-Sordar Fazlul Karim

In 1926 University of Dhaka invited Rabindranath Thakur to join a conference named The meaning of Art. He came to Dhaka and visited Curzon Hall at 10 February. So the University invited the very man who opposed their creation, ehh? I myself haven't come across any valid source till date where it has been said that Tagore opposed Uni of Dhaka.

By the way, Dhaka Uni also invited Ayub Khan to visit, who declined citing security reasons! ;)

Tagore is in a class by himself. No one is above criticism, but dismissing him off reflects a lack of understanding of Tagor's work.

I have listened to, read and watched countless of his works. I find it hard to compare his work and philosophy. Tolstoy maybe a close example.

He was also influenced greatly by Lalon Shah. One that composed "Shob loke koi Lalon ki jat shonhshare." Tagore's "Chondalika" is a wonderful example of his thoughts. Consider this line from the musical Chindalika, "Jei manobo ami shei manobo tumi chondal."

Only a mind devoid of understanding of Bangladeshi culture would vilify Tagore.

He was/is truly the "Kobi Guru."

Tagore is in a class by himself. No one is above criticism, but dismissing him off reflects a lack of understanding of Tagor's work.

I have listened to, read and watched countless of his works. I find it hard to compare his work and philosophy. Tolstoy maybe a close example.

He was also influenced greatly by Lalon Shah. One that composed "Shob loke koi Lalon ki jat shonhshare." Tagore's "Chondalika" is a wonderful example of his thoughts. Consider this line from the musical Chindalika, "Jei manobo ami shei manobo tumi chondal."

Only a mind devoid of understanding of Bangladeshi culture would vilify Tagore.

He was/is truly the "Kobi Guru."

True (maybe) to a large extent.
However i feel that Kazi Nazrul Islam tends to be under-rated. i find him worthy of admiration for two reasons, one his under-privileged background which did not suppress his creativity; and the fire and passion within him (qualities which always impress me). Though i am not too strong in the Literature department.

However i feel that Kazi Nazrul Islam tends to be under-rated. i find him worthy of admiration for two reasons, one his under-privileged background which did not suppress his creativity; and the fire and passion within him (qualities which always impress me). Though i am not too strong in the Literature department.

and for that very reason(just my opinion nothing else) I think our national anthem should have been composed by nazrul. Because I'm damn sure if he did the composition it would have been far more energetic, nothing against our own anthem but sometimes it sounds too sleepy. Although singing nazrul would definitely break our teeth, I guess:azn:

I do not think he is under-rated in BD. It's may be in W-Bengal. I think he has more diversity in his literature than R-nath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom