What's new

" Coward' Police flayed over DI Khan jail break: Our heads hang in shame ..

as explained the reason in Post # 57 already sir, most of them come from small villages, have families, LEA/ Police is an ideal life time oppurtunity. Once they retire, they setup a small shop, and eat up on the pension. While they served, they took the salaries and the extrra cash in hand

People in restive areas are not that much motivated to join police, they are terrified of taliban, government had to increased salaries to attract people. Because police are favorite targets of taliban..........they write kalima, name of allah and mohammad on police vehicles hoping that taliban wont attack them because of that......desertion rates are also high in FC.

People in restive areas are not that much motivated to join police, they are terrified of taliban, government had to increased salaries to attract people. Because police are favorite targets of taliban..........they write kalima, name of allah and mohammad on police vehicles hoping that taliban wont attack them because of that......desertion rates are also high in FC.

True and that proves my point, personnel are scared of Death, and why? Because of the families perhaps.

Argus, these words 'resilience and resourcefulness' are just empty words which are used to cover up what is a shameful situation. These are just used to keep morals high. They dont actually mean what they imply.

For example:
Mumbai had multiple blasts years back, after that the local trains exploded, after that the bombs in the hospital exploded where the patients of earlier bomb blasts were taken.

Now if you dont know - the local trains are the absolute heart of Bombay. If the trains dont ply, bombay declares a holiday. Every human being in that city uses the locals - from CEO's to labourers.

Do you know what happened the day after every bomb blast?
The people used the trains again the next day, the markets where the bomb exploded were again full, the hospitals were again functioning.

And people of India started clapping saying that this is the 'resilience of Mumbai', 'amchi mumbai'.

But do you know what the truth was?
Those people who went on those trains again, the traders who went to the market again, the people who were out in the streets again didnt do it because they were brave, they did it because they had no choice.

Because they have got to go out and do what they do to keep earning money.
The rest of India applauded as if the people of mumbai actually had a choice.

But it is done just to keep the morale high. I see Pakistani's have started this self praise - of being 'resilient'. As long as you dont start believing it, it is good. But if you start believing it, things will not change.

As long as you FIX what causes these self praises, all is well. The means should not become the ends.

I hope you get the essence of what I am trying to convey.

You make a good point, but please remember that we Pakistanis are legends in our own minds for the rest of the world to follow and provide for.

these coward policemen should be punished and set an example for others ....

i dont know why there is no coordination between our intelligence agencies and security forces . We are facing terrorist attacks for many years and we always have information before the attack but our security agencies dont intercept them before that attack happens instead we wait for the attack.
If agencies have such precise info about the date and type of the attacks then they should intercept them at the spot ...
I think there is a need of joint force that coordinate with agencies and carried out such operations

I think there is nothing much the government can do when you have police guys who are not willing to fight.What government can do?To say that police has old weapons that's simply not true.Every police soldier has an Ak 47 i have seen it my self i have asked about it and most of them wear bluet proof vests not all but most.I am the witness and i have high ranking officers in my family.I asked one of my relative who was an IGP Dil Jan Khan though he is retire but still he has all the links within the Police.According to him the police force close to the tribal areas is very different from the police you will find in Peshawar, Mardan,Noshera,charsadda and so on.The places that borders the Tribal ares has police who are mostly locals of that area and just work so they can live and they have a GOVT job.They may have guys from other parts of KPK but most of them are locals and officers can be from other areas.The locals of these areas are not as good and sharp as police of Peshawar and areas close to Peshawar.The locals fear for their families and the militants know them very well.I was surprised when i heard that the police did not bother to show any fight because i myself have seen the police force in Peshawar and areas close to it.I can tell you they were as good and strong as the Army soldiers.They may not have the weapons available to the Army,but yes they do have Ak 47 and some machine guns.The elite police is really good and aggressive and we have seen in past they performed really well and fought TTP in every place and gave up their lives.
What we need to do is and very important we need to replace the top brass of police with dynamic and aggressive police officers and also appointments should be done on merit if its an officers or a soldier.Intelligence and communication is extremely important.There should be a intelligence sharing between Army,FC and police and also there should be a hot line between Army and police, so if the police needs any help the army can be called quickly.Police needs to training and weapons to counter terrorism and i think army should help them.I have a cousin in the army and he said they are training some elite police force and yes the GOVT should allocate funds to make police a much better force.Trust me KPK police is way better when compare to police from other parts of the country.They are battle hardened.

You make a good point, but please remember that we Pakistanis are legends in our own minds for the rest of the world to follow and provide for.

The only thing is that these platitudes should be used for short term. To keep the morale up.

If it starts getting used for long, the people start believing that itself, then they stop trying to change the situation which is making them 'resilient' in the first place.

'Resilient' is meant to be a means to make the people strong and motivate them to change the offending factors at play.

As mentioned by @hinduguy , people of Mumbai hate these platitudes now. And this is because Mumbai historically always got the worst of the stick when it came to terrorism and gang wars and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
...The elite police is really good and aggressive and we have seen in past they performed really well and fought TTP in every place and gave up their lives.

The Elite Police which had been assigned the task to guard the prison in view of the intelligence did not respond when the attack came. Neither was this an intelligence failure nor coordination failure. It was a failure of nerves and it all boils down to one stark reality: cowardice.

Whatever the "elite police" were in the past they have no claim to now. They and the prison guards have been thoroughly intimidated by terrorists. These police and guards may collect government salaries but are no longer under government control.

@Solomon2

I had a similar outlook...until I visited the country. You wonder why these people don't take a stand. But if you come and talk to the people here and take a closer look...it makes sense. It's not them being cowards, trust me! It's just very complicated overall when it comes to Pakistan because so many factors are at play. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
...if you come and talk to the people here and take a closer look...it makes sense. It's not them being cowards -
In my experience, Pakistanis are VERY good at talking yet only a few of these are actually good at doing. "Complications" usually are fancy (even fanciful) excuses for not acting dutifully or morally.

If such an incident had happened in a developed country, there would be investigations into all aspects: police conduct, police training, police equipment, government conduct.

Only in Pakistan, we get opportunistic finger pointing but no useful lessons learnt for the next, inevitable, attack.

That's because life goes on.

As long as we Pakistanis are not threatened with our lives or beaten within an inch of it, we wont budge.
A lazy bunch we are.

In my experience, Pakistanis are VERY good at talking yet only a few of these are actually good at doing. "Complications" usually are fancy (even fanciful) excuses for not acting dutifully or morally.

Oh I know what you mean..you have no idea. The first time I visited here, I was very pissed and actually would argue with a lot of people. Every single person in the country would sit in his/her house and complain about the government and talk, but when it came to doing something, 95% of them would not take one step out of the house. And it annoyed me how people can just sit there when the state was bleeding. But after a few more visits and some conversations I began to understand why. It doesn't justify anything. But a closer look does make one understand why things are the way they are.

u r ight but it is true .. police is not well equiped ... just imagine u hav very old riffles and the other side has machine guns , Aks , alot of explosives, they strenght is more then the police guarding that place .. any would will hide in this situation ..30 additional men which were provided to the jail dont have working weaponary ..its shameful for the police

BS.. are their G3s,AK,MGs for show?

Mumbai Police stood up to the terrorist while having almost the same quality weapons that ur guards had!!!

Big difference.. thousands of cops on road blocks vs corrupt prison guards in a prison... attacked by 150 heavily armed terrorists with everything from suicide vests,NVGs,machine guns to RPGs..

Mumbai Police stood up to the terrorist while having almost the same quality weapons that ur guards had!!!

Big difference.. thousands of cops on road blocks vs corrupt prison guards in a prison... attacked by 150 heavily armed terrorists with everything from suicide vests,NVGs,machine guns to RPGs..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom