What's new

" Coward' Police flayed over DI Khan jail break: Our heads hang in shame ..

I have been ranting at the Taliban at the top of my voice for years. This time I will only speak of solutions. The following 10 things are needed for the successful elimination of the Taliban.

A list of things needed to destroy the Taliban:
1) Proper intelligence network, not shoddy intelligence chasing innocent civilians instead of terrorists but real intelligence.
2) Repeal of biased disgraceful laws based on Shariah such as the hudood law and blasphemy law.
3) Rehaul of the education system. Stop preaching hate to children about hindus
4) End of the draconian collective responsibility act of FCR which holds an entire tribe responsible for the actions of one evil man.
5) Development through education programs and improving the basic lifestyle of the local inhabitants.
6) Teach tolerance and inter-faith harmony through courses in the school level.
7) Improvement of the security forces and the police (also the frontier constabulary) as a bulwark against terrorists.
8) Targeted operations against the terrorists which do not harm innocent civilians. Great care is needed to avoid civilian casualties often caused by artillery shelling and airstrikes
9) Elimination of militant commanders through targeted operations.
10) No talk of peace deals with the Taliban.

Later I might turn this into a full article.

But after a few more visits and some conversations I began to understand why. It doesn't justify anything. But a closer look does make one understand why things are the way they are.
I recall in the 1980s one of the "doers" I met gave up when confronted with organized drug crime in his hometown and returned to the U.S. The possibility of engaging in activism, even starting his own political movement if necessary, didn't exist then. It does exist now.

=Solomon2;4587668]Really? My first thought upon reading the article is that Ali Amin, admitting the truth and his humiliation, has bigger balls than anyone else in Pakistan, save perhaps Malala.

I can understand where you are coming from however in my view Ali Amin very cleverly is trying to distract and divert attention by bringing in police rather than the real subject of humiliation Which is ""PTIs (GOVT of KPK ) policy towards these extremists and terrorist"" they wish to engage these militants into a dialogue however the militants have no regard for their stance and this is the 54th brutal attack on the 54th day of the govt. The police is much powerful and well equipped having the back up and orders they can put up a big fight and defeat these rat attacks however i think they had instructions to give the militants clear passage ,not to resist.

As far as I know (which isn't much) Pakistani police have access to good weaponry. I've long argued that more of their money should be spent on forensics: hard evidence is the way to convict people who are well-connected or can rely on cousins to provide false alibis.

Yet when it comes to a lack of courage en masse I believe it isn't the individual who should be blamed as much as their training and leadership. Isn't it time for the new broom to sweep clean?

This has nothing to do with the lack of courage , training , equipment nor money this is do with the very will to fight & clear orders also having a back up in case .. The Leadership does not wish to fight or resist , The police do not have clear instructions thus why i can understand why the policemen were hiding in the sewage lines. They knew any resistance is no good.

From my little understandings of the ground realities in Pakistan , police is power less , they are projected as corupt etc , you do not hear police departments protesting on such accusations , they are used to it and its a part of their job. Thus why they are not willing to take action against any one any where esp in the case of militants . For a little insight esp for foreigners please read the Bin Laden dossier you will notice serious flaws in how things work here.

Every one know whats going , its a little show they put up for every one to see

I recall in the 1980s one of the "doers" I met gave up when confronted with organized drug crime in his hometown and returned to the U.S. The possibility of engaging in activism, even starting his own political movement if necessary, didn't exist then. It does exist now.

I agree...but the risks are very high...in fact if you don't have the proper backing...death most likely. But every country has its time and I hope so does Pakistan for the sake of its people :)

I agree...but the risks are very high...in fact if you don't have the proper backing...death most likely. But every country has its time and I hope so does Pakistan for the sake of its people :)
Then expats can walk where those in Pakistan fear to tread.

Yesterday I heard on TV that the staff at DI Khan jail was the same one which was at Bannu jail.

When the Bannu jailbreak happened, the staff got relocated to DI Khan. So under the same staff, both the jail breaks happened.

You don't have to be Einstein to infer 2 things:

1- The staff is utterly incompetent.

2- Insider help.

Yesterday I heard on TV that the staff at DI Khan jail was the same one which was at Bannu jail.

When the Bannu jailbreak happened, the staff got relocated to DI Khan. So under the same staff, both the jail breaks happened.

You don't have to be Einstein to infer 2 things:

1- The staff is utterly incompetent.

2- Insider help.

More of Point No.2
Investigate deeply, the results will be revealing.

Keep blaming the police. In any country when a 100+ terrorists descend on a secured location its a QRT/QRF/HRT or domestic ATS which responds. How in the good lord's name is a thulla with a semi auto (I know that there are cops who have Aks and all but correct me if I am wrong- that was not the case at the prison in question) supposed to keep tallibunnies with RPGs at bay?

Blame is on FC and the Interior Ministry for not deploying paramilitary.

Its almost 18th century brick wall jail. DIG said this is not a prison where they can keep high value criminals. Again US and EU should advice on building high security prison for such type of people.

Many of those prisoners freed will probably be killed in the future if they decide to join the TTP, which I'm sure many of them will out of revenge. Pathetic failure, PA really needs to increase their offensive, but considering the TTP are an enemy that hides it takes time.

"Around 48 prisoners, including four women, handed themselves over to police voluntarily. Woman constable Gulab Bibi, who went missing after militant attack, also returned."

Something we forget about this case...

Back
Top Bottom