What's new

Countries that you would like to visit besides your own

He says Karachis biryani is just a copy of Indian biryani he wants to taste real one
If biryani and pulao are same thing

No, biryani was developped by Persian cooks and later introduced to the moghals so it reached India thru what is called Pakistan today.

Only thing a biryani and pulao share together is rice. Cooking method and spices are totally different.

I think it's not true as rice is not grown in Iran so it's more likely an Indian dish rice crop I think is not native to Pakistan because until few decades ago rice wasn't grown in my area here in Punjab
You are misinformed about Iran mate. Rice is grown in parts of Iran and Turkey and even as north as Italy and Spain (risotto and paella variety which is a thicker and smaller grain). Current rice priduction in Iran stands at 2.2 million tons.

Persian word Biryan means 'fried before cooked', exactly the way biryani is made. Meat qorma is cooked seperately and layers of rice added to it later before giving it a 'dum'.
The biryanis we know today are the ones refined by the great Moghuls and have lost their Persian touch.

For real biryani you can visit Karachi, the capital of biryanis
Sorry. Real means orginal. Biriani is from the kitchens of Lucknow and Delhi which are in India. Just because some migrants took them to Karachi does not make them 'real'. The original and best is in India. There are Biriani restaurents in Britain but that does not make them British. Why go to the copy when you can see the original??

Sorry. Real means orginal. Biriani is from the kitchens of Lucknow and Delhi which are in India. Just because some migrants took them to Karachi does not make them 'real'. The original and best is in India. There are Biriani restaurents in Britain but that does not make them British. Why go to the copy when you can see the original??
Sure, enjoy.

You are misinformed about Iran mate. Rice is grown in parts of Iran and Turkey

As rice is crop of hot humid areas that's why I said it's not grown in Iran but Iran imports rice maybe they started cultivating rice few decades ago
like here in my area rice wasn't cultivated until few decades ago but later it became major summers or khareef crop

Interesting! Not many people i expect who have been to all of these countries. Myself am only well travelled within Europe (done basically all of western and southern Europe plus Czechia and Turkey).
Worked as merchant marine went to nautical school in U.K. and Ireland, some courses in Sri Lanka then moved to US took a couple of trips to Europe with family so all of the above resulted in visiting various countries.
20 years back and prior ships stayed for longer period in ports and for joining/leaving vessels we would stay in hotels either prior to vessel arrival or after vessel departure. Good times.

Worked as merchant marine went to nautical school in U.K. and Ireland, some courses in Sri Lanka then moved to US took a couple of trips to Europe with family so all of the above resulted in visiting various countries.
20 years back and prior ships stayed for longer period in ports and for joining/leaving vessels we would stay in hotels either prior to vessel arrival or after vessel departure. Good times.

Im sure! My father worked on a Greek boat for many years when in his early 20s. He amazes us with stories from random places like Gambia and Botswana. I bet you have gathered enough of your own now.

Why only Biryani , u can eat 29 different thalis from 29 different states of India. Do visit one day

Japan- resilient,efficient,developed and culturally rich country.
Indonesia (bali)- Have heard a lot about its beauty.
France- have few french friends.
USA- been their but only for work,want to explore their west coast.

No, biryani was developped by Persian cooks and later introduced to the moghals so it reached India thru what is called Pakistan today.
So for the 'real' biriani I ought to visit Iran.

Only thing a biryani and pulao share together is rice
Pilau is my preferred rice dish, draped with chunks of meat and yoghurt.

Do visit one day
Will do. After all the talk we do about it, the hate we peddle against it I think it is only prepare to see what India really is about. Only thing is I won't have the patience to cover such a huge country so would have to chose a location that best gives picture of India.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom