What's new

Countering Possible Sale of F-35 to Taiwan

So I say you don‘t understand Taiwan issue.

Russia and the EU are reluctant involvement in the Taiwan issue. should we be praise the Indian brave?

Last edited:
#1 India has already begun playing the taiwan card wth china.
#2 I dont speak for my nation and am a member of this forum as much as you are.
#3.US, Japan and pretty much all of chinas enemies are looking for an outright chinese expansionist movement. After all, they do need an excuse.
#4. The longer china waits the greater the stability and deterrance acquired by the taiwanese.

Thanks,

india dont have the seat to play the card.

lol....so many chinese keyboard warriors....

"ARR....CUT DOWN THOSE SLIMY AMERICAN SLUGS...MAKE THE TAIWANESE SCUM WALK THE PLANK"

Seriously?...The way i see it taiwan is not going to be a part of china in the forseeable future...the amercans wont let that happen..not to mention the host of other states thats going to oppose as well. Taiwan is going to be what cuba was to the states during the cold war era.Except that this cuba is modern and has a lot of help.

ahha,you know nothing about taiwan.

#3.US, Japan and pretty much all of chinas enemies are looking for an outright chinese expansionist movement. After all, they do need an excuse.
#4. The longer china waits the greater the stability and deterrance acquired by the taiwanese.

Thanks,

My friend,believe me!Taiwan is not the card of India,it is the card of US.

F35 is useless.......jap and tw should buy F22 but US wont allow the deal.

While the rcs of the F-35 may be higher then the F-22. It's electronics are actually superior.

Stealthy Chinese J-20 Vulnerable | AVIATION WEEK
" In a series of tests at Edwards AFB, Calif., in 2009, Lockheed Martin’s CATbird avionics testbed a Boeing 737 that carries the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s entire avionics system engaged a mixed force of F-22s and Boeing F-15s and was able to locate and jam F-22 radars, according to researchers."

While the rcs of the F-35 may be higher then the F-22. It's electronics are actually superior.

Stealthy Chinese J-20 Vulnerable | AVIATION WEEK
" In a series of tests at Edwards AFB, Calif., in 2009, Lockheed Martin’s CATbird avionics testbed a Boeing 737 that carries the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s entire avionics system engaged a mixed force of F-22s and Boeing F-15s and was able to locate and jam F-22 radars, according to researchers."

Correct. Part of what makes the F-22 (and the F-35) great are its sensors. Normally, when an aircraft emits RF energy, it loses stealth... it can be located. Passive sensors (and extremely hi-tech active ones) will make or break a modern stealth platform.

I love it when people underestimate the F-35. I hope they keep it up.

taiwan has a right to get the f35,in any case chinese will still have a much larger ,military and diplomatic power i dont see any reason as to why PRC should be worried both sides are winners in this scenario

F-35 is overweight/under-powered. It sacrificed T/W ratio for the sake of range. It suits NATO's need well at picking on 3rd world countries without creditable air forces in the post-Cold War environment, but US allies in the Pacific need a true fighter, not a stealthified Su-17 bomb truck.

F-35 is overweight/under-powered. It sacrificed T/W ratio for the sake of range. It suits NATO's need well at picking on 3rd world countries without creditable air forces in the post-Cold War environment, but US allies in the Pacific need a true fighter, not a stealthified Su-17 bomb truck.

A "true fighter" was/is the F-15C/F-22, not the F-16, although it certainly could fight A2A. The F-35 is not a dedicated air-air machine, it is multi-role.

If the U.S. had 1,000 F-22's but no F-35 in the future, how is it supposed to perform the interdiction/ground attack mission?

Very few Air Forces can afford specialized fleets like that. Most are going to select multi-role aircraft, like the F-16, F/A-18, etc. The F-35 is a replacement for these.

Thanks,

LOL some indian here make every effort trying to argue in a way that they are a threat to china on taiwan issue to satisfy their vulnerable ego. :lol: no matter how ludicrous others think the idea of taiwan-card-playing starving superpower is:smitten:

A "true fighter" was/is the F-15C/F-22, not the F-16, although it certainly could fight A2A. The F-35 is not a dedicated air-air machine, it is multi-role.

If the U.S. had 1,000 F-22's but no F-35 in the future, how is it supposed to perform the interdiction/ground attack mission?

Very few Air Forces can afford specialized fleets like that. Most are going to select multi-role aircraft, like the F-16, F/A-18, etc. The F-35 is a replacement for these.
The F-35 replaces F-16 & F/A-18 physically, but not in all of their capabilities. It certainly lacks some of the A2A capabilies (raw performance) of the Viper & Bug, placing greater emphasis on A2G capability at the ask of A2A capability when compared to its multi-role predecessors. Now for the US this is perfectly OK, as the USAF relies on F-22 for the A2A job. But for other countries who have no access to F-22, accepting the retrograde in A2A capability offered by F-35 is unthinkable.

If there are enough of these in any given airspace, it would be a problem to any country coming up against them. However, Taiwan cannot afford to purchase enough of these to fend off the Chinese onslaught should China decides enough is enough.

America is likely not to support Taiwan with its military anyway, making this a useless purchase and a big fat waste of money.

It is also very unlikely that America would be selling them to Taiwan considering how hard it is for them to try get their hands on them F-16's and the likely hood that the technology would be transferred to China.

taiwan has a right to get the f35,in any case chinese will still have a much larger ,military and diplomatic power i dont see any reason as to why PRC should be worried both sides are winners in this scenario

If China sells weapons to rebels in Kashmir, would you be happy? Even if you have a clear military superiority, you would still be angry at it.

The US says it does not support separatism, but their actions simply say the opposite.

If China sells weapons to rebels in Kashmir, would you be happy? Even if you have a clear military superiority, you would still be angry at it.

The US says it does not support separatism, but their actions simply say the opposite.

i wont feel happy but still what can you do about it,if america wants to sell taiwan wants to buy,allies have no problem i cant do a thing except frown a little,indians werent happy when j20 started but what can i do arming yourself is a universal right just because the enemy is getting a little more powerful will always be a problem to anyone -me ,you ,the yanks but what the world thinks comes secondary to securing my land,freedom of my people because they have been promised that their freedom wont be compromised with and they can live in peace as we are securing them from time to time.

xie xie

Back
Top Bottom