What's new

Conflict between India, Pakistan not religious: Israel

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Israel today said differences between India and Pakistan have nothing to do with religion and these are mainly political in nature.

"The conflict between India and Pakistan is not religious, it is political. Differences of opinion on political issues is there between the two countries. It is not the conflict between Hindus and Muslims," Israel's ambassador to India Mark Sofer said.

He said same is the case with Israel and Palestine.

"The Israel-Palestine issue is also not religious in nature...the conflict we have is not between Jews and Muslims....Twenty per cent of Israelis are Muslims so this is not a religious conflict," Sofer said.

On his recent visit to Ajmer dargah, he said it was appreciated in his country.

"It was a good experience and the response in Israel was quite positive," he said.

Conflict between India, Pakistan not religious: Israel - World - DNA

I beg to differ no offence to Pakistani members but it is a political issue which has been given religious color in Pakistan....

This can be very much be evident from the maximum statements from common public in Pakistan start with the word Hindu and on the Indian side they start with Pakistan... Though i feel Pakistan members will differ on this but this is the generic pattern which is observed all over Internet as well as many times from politicians too where the comments started from the word Hindu rather than India

I beg to differ no offence to Pakistani members but it is a political issue which has been given religious color in Pakistan....

This can be very much be evident from the maximum statements from common public in Pakistan start with the word Hindu and on the Indian side they start with Pakistan... Though i feel Pakistan members will differ on this but this is the generic pattern which is observed all over Internet as well as many times from politicians too where the comments started from the word Hindu rather than India

Do you know what chines people call you ?

Hindu.... They dont know what is india.

We just want Kashmir! nothin against the hindos or anybdy else!

I agree with you but the thing is politicians have colored it from the religious angle. It has got adjectives added like Hindu India, Hindu Army where as Indians in generic are more like Indians rather than being Hindus or Muslims. The pattern is very well visible on the forum also.

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Mark Sofer. The conflict(s) definitely have religious elements to them. Same applies to Israel and Palestine.

EDIT: I also agree to an extent with divya. Its the same with Israel-Palestine, Palestinians tend to refer to Israelis as "Jews" rather than Israelis. Similar to Pakistani gentlemen calling Indians "Hindus".

No effrontery intended.

Do you know what chines people call you ?

Hindu.... They dont know what is india.

That's a load of bollocks!! I have many chinese friends here no one uses word 'hindu'?? And chinese people are definately pro-pakistani [the ones who live in china] but not anti-indians either as you like to portray them?!

Israel today said differences between India and Pakistan have nothing to do with religion and these are mainly political in nature.

"The conflict between India and Pakistan is not religious, it is political. Differences of opinion on political issues is there between the two countries. It is not the conflict between Hindus and Muslims," Israel's ambassador to India Mark Sofer said.

:agree:We had this conflict before 47 and we separated.

Now we have some issues

on top of it is invasion of Country of KASHMIR by India and its state terrorism against Kashmiris.

2. We have been facing Indian state terrorism since many decades. The Indian state terrorism against Pakistan in 71 is the biggest driver for our lack of trust in India forever.

3. Indian state support to BLA terrorists.

4. Indian aggression against Pakistan at every level ranging from our defence purchases to sports.

We can be ok with the rest of Indian aggressions but Kashmir issue we can not ignore.

So the bottom line is surely we have NO religious issue with India currently rather the Hindu-Muslim issue is within India itself and call for second Two-Nation theory.

"The Israel-Palestine issue is also not religious in nature...the conflict we have is not between Jews and Muslims....Twenty per cent of Israelis are Muslims so this is not a religious conflict," Sofer said.

:agree: almost same here the conflict is Israeli occupation of Palestinians' country.

Again the religious issue is with the Israeli zionists who have grabbed the country of Palestinians in the name of religion.

You did not get this land through political process but you grabbed it at gun point and that too in the name of religion so i am amazed how can you even claim that its not religious ?

On his recent visit to Ajmer dargah, he said it was appreciated in his country.

"It was a good experience and the response in Israel was quite positive," he said.

Conflict between India, Pakistan not religious: Israel - World - DNA

:angel: What a Zionist jew doing at Muslim dargah ????

Pakistani Nationalist said:
We just want Kashmir! nothin against the hindos or anybdy else!

B..But what about the Kashmir's 'right to self determination' ? :rolleyes:

Pakistani Nationalist said:

Bullshit!!

While Israel is an ally, he IS trying to Equate Israel-Palestine TO India-Pakistan. Next thing you know he'll be equating Kashmir to Gaza. These guys are cunning :angry:

India Pakistan conflict is more religious than political.

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Mark Sofer. The conflict(s) definitely have religious elements to them. Same applies to Israel and Palestine.

EDIT: I also agree to an extent with divya. Its the same with Israel-Palestine, Palestinians tend to refer to Israelis as "Jews" rather than Israelis. Similar to Pakistani gentlemen calling Indians "Hindus".

No effrontery intended.

:lol: we use the word Indians politically unless there is some debate about hindus where its necessary to address them as hindus.

India has alot of Muslims and we dont really like to call them hindus.

On the other hand i have seen almost on every Indian paper's site whenever there is some social issue like honour killing, kidnapping, sexual assault in Pakistan the Indian readers start cursing Islam and say Islam this and that.

The funniest thing is that even if such an incident take place among Indian Muslim community i have seen the bharatya readers start mentioning Pakistan and then Islam.

But when such incidents which are now increasing among non-Muslim communities of India then i dont see any Indian reader cursing Hindus or Hinduism

That's a load of bollocks!! I have many chinese friends here no one uses word 'hindu'?? And chinese people are definately pro-pakistani [the ones who live in china] but not anti-indians either as you like to portray them?!

I am working with more then one thousand chines and i hav many friends and i heard from all of them the word hindu instead of india.

@ Divya

1:So why they call you hindu ? they also calls you hindu bcoz of religious conflict ?

2:So why they call you hindu ? they also calls you hindu bcoz of religious conflict ?

3:So why they call you hindu ? they also calls you hindu bcoz of religious conflict ?

:bunny::bunny:

India Pakistan conflict is more religious than political.

It was made religious by hardliner Hindu leaders at that time by coming up with two nation theory idea otherwise its on record Jinnah was with congress and his idea for more powers to Muslims within that confederation but left it when those hardliners started wheeling a religious agenda

Back
Top Bottom